General RAAM Gameplay discussion

Repeatedly whiffed RAAM jabs look… vulgar. Yeah I’ll say vulgar.

4 Likes

Hisako doesn’t need camouflage since her doubles are impossible to read, and then you can vary the timing on them…

2 Likes

I’m actually really enjoying the way RAAM handles. His instinct feels like a game changer, despite not actually being too complicated like other instincts among the cast. Covering the screen in kryll is awesome and the blinding affect really plays to RAAMs advantage(against human players atleast). It automatically forces the opponent into playing defensively while also constantly inflicting potential damage. This works really well for RAAM, since he isn’t the best character for long combos. I find myself trying to set the opponent up for a hard knockdown that lands them in the range of my curb stomps.

Can someone explain to me how “advantageous” RAAMs Kryll Rush advantage ender is? It doesn’t feel like it puts me in any sort of advantage right now. 4 frames doesn’t really let me set up for anything.

1 Like

Andy pls

:cry:

Actually makes them easier to break - the break window once we release the button is pretty open.

Let’s do a session together after CEO, I’ll have you up to speed on breaking Sako in no time :slight_smile:

1 Like

I recommend retro color 4 as the base… :smiling_imp:

1 Like

LOL. I was sort of tongue in cheek - although I could definitely use a LOT more practice on breaking Hisako… It just looks like a flurry of junk to me. But I am not being salty about it (or not trying to be), I just thought it was funny that @STORM179 would be sneaking up on Raam in the Kryll to hide his Hisako combos. If I could draw I would draw two anime eyes peeking out from a jet black Kryll storm…

Maybe MS will pony up and give us our online practice mode and we can really get some training time.

PS good luck at CEO.

1 Like

LOL right on - definitely happy to run some sets and work it out!

It’s so perfect, LOL… Sako is so sneaky!
Honestly hadn’t even considered this matchup yet since he’s most likely not going to be legal @ CEO.

Thanks man! We’re gonna need the well wishes. There’s some serious threats in the list of registered players!

I was sifting through his accessories and noticed something about his “Beast Rider” outfit…I may be wrong, It’s been a while since i’ve been in the GoW lore but…isn’t that a Kantus/Priest Armor??? Beast Riders have helmets that cover their eyes…or is this a locust variation that we never got to play? Or perhaps something from the comics? Can’t imagine MS/IG being this incompetent with their own IP lol

This !!! I wish she only had 3 ADs!!!

Can Hisako just possession of Raams charges on sight?

Wow lol I didn’t even think to try that. It just didn’t seem intuitive to me that a normal throw could beat that charging juggernaut beast af armored cmd grab. Good to know!

Beast riders were actually a variant of Grenadier that rode on the Reavers and Bloodmounts.
http://www.otakuland.es/imagenes/imagenesArticulos/556/BeastRider.jpg
Not by an xbox at the moment, so I have no idea how accurate the accessories are to the Beast Rider.

Not very, aside from the color and red leathery texture.

Yeah that is definitely a Kantus Helmet. The only accessory set I really like with RAAM is the Palace Guard, none of the other sets are too intriguing.

I am finally getting to mess around with him. He is going to take some serious getting used to. I have never really tried using a character whose main tools are command grabs before. I also seem to have trouble doing combos with him, I am constantly dropping combos when I try to use heavy auto doubles are the kick auto doubles for w.e reason. Ill get the hang of him eventually though I guess.

I didn’t get much chance to play last night, between the download, a weekly show that I watch, and just other stuff going on. I wasn’t playing RAAM very well, and I think it’s because I was trying to play the traditional combo game too much with him. I’m a huge Gears fan so I’m glad to see that it’s a Gears character, and I think the curb stomps and Kryll are really fitting and interesting mechanics, specifically because of who RAAM is in the game and the lore. I am intrigued by the fact that I will have to play him differently.

I suspect I will have some more time to dig in today, so I will hopefully be able to offer a better opinion (though from my intermediate, non-lab point of view)

Hmmmmm…not a fan. After playing him more now. Not my style, lol.

After playing him a bit, I’ve got a clear lesson:

Scenario:
-Raam has instinct, and for been sure, a shadow bar
-Raam gets a lockdown of any type
-Raam pops instinct
-Raam wins

+4 means that if you jab, your opponent will get counter hit out of anything he tries to do that is not an invincible reversal or backdash. Delay it a touch, and you instead get a command grab that will beat any button. Most of Raam’s normals are pretty slow, so you’re not able to do quite as much as some other characters could while being +4 (at least in terms of hitting heavier buttons), but being plus any amount is always pretty good, and being plus 4 frames is generally really good.

Yup. Possession will beat his charge clean if you can react in time. I recommend using the light one. :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Also he can combo any button into his Light Prison Shank attack. So if you land that light and counter hit it leads to a full combo.