Gargos is annoying to fight

Lol. It’s not like I’m getting bodied by Gargos or anything. Hisako can smother him pretty easily once she catches him. He’s just annoying to fight, the same way Shago is annoying to fight. Manageable, but kind of a pain.

2 Likes

Wings, it’s the wings.

Hey Storm. Want to do a set. You can see some stuff I discovered.

Not until Wednesday I’m afraid. All my KI time is currently dedicated to grinding for this stupid Top 32 star.

I’m definitely never doing this again…I love KI, but I’m not trying to be playing for 4 and 5 hours at a time over this. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Ok. So basically me when Gargos released so I can be first non early access guy to get him to level 50.

Good luck Storm, hope you get it.

Yeah, good luck, but I do get your point xD grinding is not my thing either, at all ^^

Either way, I believe you really deserve the top 32 spot, so godspeed to you x3

Much obliged, and I appreciate the encouragement :slight_smile: I managed to do a fair amount of grinding yesterday and today even though I went to barbecues on both days, so I’m pretty sure I’m in a good spot to get the star. But yeah, hanging out with real people and eating good food definitely ranks higher on the “fun” scale than grinding out on Ranked :joy:

I’m 19 on the board as of this post, so hopefully it doesn’t drop too much between now and tomorrow by the time I get home from work. I’m prepared to play all day tomorrow once I get home, but I’ll be glad when the league reset happens even if I somehow manage to slip from Top 32. I’m even more convinced now that the true measure of skill is really win ratio - the monthly points thing really is more of a grind.

3 Likes

i mean with gargos cuz spam and thx

I figured this part out months ago back when I hit the #95 spot - it’s partially why I haven’t tried again since. It’s a lot of work for something that doesn’t really mean all that much in the grand scheme of things. If you ask me, it’s all a sham, since it’s not a true representation of skill (a point I’ve argued before) - the problem is, it’s really the only way to visibly represent skill in KI, so…

I was thinking and… They made a mistake nerfing the backwards mantis I mean, it’s a dirty move but for example Sadira can throw her web jumping forward or backwards and her instinct oh god her instinct… As a Maya player and Sadira being my toughest match backward mantis would be a good way of scaping of her instinct. Maybe my reasons to bring backward mantis for u aren’t valid for u but plz there are worst moves…

no this guy is just a hater

Gargos must be a joke. Easy for noobs, very good at semi pro player’s hands. We’ll see what pros can do with him. Of course he has many - but his + are very effective too. If his moves can be punish doesn’t mean he’s just a normal char, he is not!
We are not silly, we know what producers did think while the dev. progress of this char and I can easly say I WILL NOT BUY GARGOS, I WON’T YOU PAY ANY MONEY even Gargos has a single button for winning the match. Small plans = small FG = small FGC.
All we know devs will nerf Gargos but I really don’t care. If you could design like a Gargos -unbalanced char in 2016, for this FGC, you devs are just an amateur. I won’t buy your damn char.

Well. This response seems a touch…overzealous? :smirk:

You are of course well within your rights not to purchase Gargos. But the complaint (to the extent I understand it) that he is somehow overpowered here is just…not true. He has very potent tools it’s true, but also some pretty glaring holes in his gameplan. At the very least, it’s too early for any such claims to be made.

Wait you buy the characters individually as they’re released? In that case it doesn’t matter if you don’t buy Gargos, you’ve already given IG more money than the entire season’s worth.

2 Likes

Aside from bug fixes (shadow command grab damage after wall splat, overly active portal punches), I would be very surprised if they nerf Gargos at all between now and the end of S3.

I would never classify someone who has no reversal as “easy for noobs”. Noobs get knocked down a lot, and noobs don’t know how to block KI’s offense. Gargos will die immediately when you knocked down.

But of course, there’s no discussion possible here, it’s someone who doesn’t understand fighting games who has made up their mind with faulty evidence. I hope you enjoy whatever other fighting game you choose to play.

8 Likes

I don’t buy seasonal packages. I don’t play every char so no need to buy. If there is a good design, solid-balanced, fun game-style fighter, I can buy it and I did. Gargos is made for paying users. The small plan = People will see his power, people will want to use that power and people will want to buy Gargos asap or season pack. That’s all. MKX (NetherRealm) does that too. SFV couldn’t do that even they wanted to do. Guile and Alex were just fine. We’ll see Ibuki as well.
Btw, “easy for noobs” doesn’t mean noobs will massacre pros. No need to make demagoguery.

Lol you complain gargos is easy for n00bs and then compare Gargos to SFV’s characters, when SFV by itself is a whole game that’s easy for n00bs.

And no, I don’t mean n00bs will massacre pros in SFV any more than you mean n00bs will massacre pros with gargos :wink:

Gargos has tools that seem very strong at low level of play. Just like shadow jago and rash have tools that seem OP at low level. They’re really not, and as soon as you hit intermediate level you immediately realize why.

I don’t think any of what I’m saying will matter, though. You already seem to know it all ^^’

define “intermediate level” :smiley:
And I don’t compare Gargos with other FG’s char. I say FG companies do that or try to do that. It’s a shame but not a surprise. I know KI FGC is too small but thinking too small is another subject. Don’t do that.

Just out of curiosity, which characters do you own?