Gargos = free evo

This dude has no idea what he is talking about

@llPaulBll
They game was like this since season 1. It is not today you will complain. Sadira has never respected neutral. Since 2013, you played KI , you should have complained at that time, not now.
ā€œMy characters have been constantly nerfed throughout all 3 seasonsā€ that is a big lie, Hisako and riptor are much better than last season, sabrewulf was broken since s1 with very unreactable close range moves, they nerfed him to make him fair but he is still viable. That ARIA matchup at evo, you should have won IMO. the matchup was in ur favour.Ultra David , he is a capcom guy its to be expected.

@STORM179

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Its useless lecturing these scrubs, first of all they are very salty Sleep won,No matchup or sense will enter thier heads. they dont wanna GIT GUD and learn the game. they wanna remain scubs.

I feel his evo performance was underwhelming. The Paul B of those days would have beaten that ARIA and gone to at least third place with very close games.

Youā€™re entitled to your opinion as callous as it may be. You do nothing to dissuade people with your insults.

I unlike you have respect for many of the top players. This was Evo it was a tournament filled with elite KI players. Mygod, Rico, Swordsman, Shin Tristan, Gutter, all great players who unfortunately didnā€™t make top 8. It turns out that thereā€™s only room for 8 players in the Top 8. I wouldnā€™t discredit the ability of any of those players. And to fault someone who actually made top 8 for not making top 3?! Thatā€™s just petty.

This is like looking at street fighter and bashing JWong because he didnā€™t make top 8. Itā€™s ridiculous, youā€™re trying to stroke egos with Storm also a great player I respect who didnā€™t make top 8. So in your mind itā€™s fine to agree with a player who didnā€™t make top 8 since his opinion aligns with your own but ignore and discredit someone who did in fact make top 8 because his performance was ā€œunderwhelmingā€.

Itā€™s one thing to disagree with a characters viability and power and disagree with pauls emphasis on footsies and their importance/relevance in KI. Itā€™s another to blatantly bash his performance because you donā€™t like him.

At the end of the day Iā€™m not here to defend Paul, his results speak for themselves. And I also donā€™t in fact agree with many of his opinions on the game such as the need to emphasize footsies and neutral. But that doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m going to disrespect his impressive performance. Iā€™m just tired of these armchair warriors criticizing top players performances when they clearly have no clue of what itā€™s like to be in that position since they donā€™t have the skill to get there themselves. Itā€™s bashing paulb in this thread and itā€™s bashing Bass for losing to gargos as spinal. Itā€™s akin to new players who come to the forums complaining about ā€œspammersā€ because they struggle with the concept of zoning.

Once youā€™re in Grand Finals at Evo fighitng sleeps Gargoso with spinal then maybe you can talk about what should be done in the match. Once youā€™re in top 8 at Evo with over 500 registrants then you can talk about underwhelming performances. Until then Iā€™m sorry but your opinion on such things comes with limited credibility.

A top player can be critical of certain aspects of the game while still supporting the game. Weā€™re unbelievably fortunate to have developers who are so close to the community. I strongly believe thereā€™s a balance of constructive criticism and respect that can be employed that can serve to only make the game better. But it requires mature and thoughtful dialog on all sides of the discussion.

TLDR; I love KI, I think Kiets and crew have made a great game. I also have respect for top players and their performances. With lack of results comes lack of credibility on opinions relating to performances in top tier matches. We as a community can co-exist with differing opinions.

8 Likes

We can have a debate or discussion without needless toxicity.

7 Likes

And thatā€™s what nerfs are for. Arbiter got hit pretty hard this patch.

IG isnā€™t full of a bunch of idiots. They know what theyā€™re doing and what people are saying.

Gargos has been out for just under 2 monthsā€¦

Dude please quit acting like u donā€™t know that when gargos pops instinct with minions flying everywhere thatā€™s thereā€™s nothing u can do itā€™s free armor hits period

Arbiter did not get hit hard enough his gernade setup is part of his design which is the dumbest sh** ever he is clearly a scrubs character. His gernade needs a 25-30 sec cooldown then he might be fair

One issue i can see is this:

If you have Gargos trapped, he can not have 2 minions, because you are supposed to pressure him into using shadow meter to help himself get out. BUTā€¦ The combo breaker system means that 1 correct break does the entire job for him. Then he has a variety of options to begin setting himself up for a victory.

I think youā€™d get along great with the ScrubQuotes twitter page.

Seriously, itā€™s not like the setup is free. There are ways out of it, just like all pressure in this game :smirk:

This is admittedly frustrating, but itā€™s nothing new. There are a lot of characters that can get a lot off combo breakers, even in S3.

1 Like

GROUNDED HEAVY NORMALS. Add to the fact that he canā€™t block, heā€™ll fall for sweeps over and over again until he pops.

1 Like

Especially if you throw a shadow endokuken whatā€™s he gonna do block it?

5 Likes

Only most pros donā€™t fall for repeated sweeps. Anytime Iā€™ve tried to do the sweep punish, the Gargos player immediately explodes and knocks me back.

Thats what you want them to do.

Thatā€™s when you feel them out.

Thats what they want you to think.

ā€¦kneel to your god.

So set up for the meaty, and then block the explosion and punish. I do it all the time. :thumbsup:

1 Like

Isnā€™t eruption a 1frame startup? Thereā€™s no move in the game that recovers in 1 frame.