Games that made you angry

Here’s another question for you guys: What games (so far) have DISAPPOINTED you?

Without a doubt: Starfox Zero. I don’t know what to say about it, but it was a combination of being too similar to Starfox 64 (for the third time) and the controls making the process a chore. It was not intuitive at all, it was just boring and clunky. I didn’t even finish it.

I didn’t buy it but, damn that’s disappointing. Nintendo is now in the habit of just making the same games again and again, but ten years apart. But they have mostly gotten away with it on the grounds that these games are objectively excellent. Shakespeare has been done to death, but no one criticizes a good production for being unoriginal.

But if they are going to remake the same games and then ■■■■■ them up with weird and unfathomably design choices? Groan. It’s not like it wasn’t in development for long enough.

PS why the Heck is there no sequel to Pokemon snap using the wii pad to “look around” a virtual world? This is such a no brainier and Nintendo just hasn’t done it.

My biggest problem with DMC4 was just everything about Nero. His playstyle was really limited and one-dimensional, especially when you compared him to Dante who had 30x more options at once and much more dynamic interactions with them.

It didn’t help that the rest of the game was an almost universal step down from DMC3. Less content, less interesting enemies and bosses, less creative environments, balancing that made the player feel weaker. I’m very tempted to call it a bigger disappointment than DmC was. Maybe even a worse game overall.

1 Like

Halo: The MCC. That game could have gave the community so much, but it left us with so little because they didn’t bother to even delay it so it would work. Who at Microsoft or 343i thought releasing it in that state was a good idea?

Shadow the Hedgehog is another one. I hate the game so much.

Yeah, I still haven’t played DmC (the reboot) because of how bad DMC4 turned out. I have always thought it could have been better if they just stuck with their new protagonist for the whole game. That way we could have maybe gotten a complete and fun character instead of two halves of let-downs, y’know? I really liked the stretchy arm thing, but you’re definitely right in that it felt like a total backstep from DMC3.

I’d personally love if they’d make a more arena-centric DMC with the combat and customization mechanics of 3, but include their fan-favorite playables (Vergil, Trish, etc). They can do whatever with the story so it makes sense, if it has to make sense. I don’t really care for the lore, personally, I’m just in it for the sweet sweet hack’n’slash.

A lot of people hate DmC with a passion, and on the whole it definitely isn’t a well-designed game (too many scripted and gimmicky bits), but from my one playthrough of it I at least give it credit for not making me feel like most normal enemies are damage sponges and having a consistent protagonist that doesn’t feel like he’s missing 90% of his moveset.

Yeah, for how long their games take to make the ambition behind them isn’t really proportionate. And even with how much fine-tuning they put into them, we still end up some with frustrating titles like Skyward Sword that just feel underwhelming and out of touch with gamers. Hopefully the new Zelda will break this trend, because so far it looks really cool.

2 Likes

starfox on the U. that game is utter trash. how the hell can you play a game with a controller set up so horrible i feel like im trying to hop on one foot, pat my head, rub my stomach, and juggle knives with 1 hand.

another game that pissed me off to no end and that is utter trash: metroid prime federation force or whatever. its a crap game with a crap premise and nintendo once again ignoring the player base for an actual metroid game.

basically the company that pisses me off the most these days is nintendo. they have alot of awesome IPs they do not even touch. all mario and zelda. YAWN

Yeah, I remember back in the SNES/N64 days they had this one awesome fighting game. Diverse cast of characters, the announcer was always yelling stuff… :wink:

WTB F-Zero, kthx

Yes they need to make a new F-Zero asap…sadly I almost feel like it got swallowed up by the beast that is Mario Kart 8, what with its antigrav tracks & whatnot.

1 Like

there was a rumor i picked up all random some place that retro studios is making one. but they’re also rumored to be working on the next metroid game (wishful thinking)

Mass Effect 3. After hundreds and hundreds of hours of making important decisions, making connections with characters, and controlling the personality of my Shepard all over the course of three games, the finale was a simple “choose between these three options” where nothing you did before mattered at all and the only difference between the endings was the color of the explosion…
And don’t even get me started on how the lore gets screwed up by the space child.

Dragon Age 2- It was garbage in comparison to origins, you could see how EA destroyed Bioware.

NHL and Madden Games for the past 10 years: They’ve gone down hill and become roster recycles which could just as easily be a DLC update but instead they come out as fullblown releases often lacking features of prior versions. Again EA…

Call of Duty franchise post Modern Warfare after activision acquires Infinity Ward: No more Dedicated servers, mod and competitive community is killed based on business decisions, just so they can sell map packs and weapon skins with season passes. There’s a reason people still play CoD4 but most other games after are ghost towns.

Diablo 3: Again Blizzard North is acquired by Activision and starts developing for a cash grab. Real Money auction house where Bliz/Act take a % of the transactions. This destroys the economy and makes high end gear super easy to obtain therefore destroying gameplay longevity. Lazy difficulty curve, poorly scripted AI and a broken stats system, dumbed down form of resistance based mobs. Cookie cutter builds that require no commitment as talents can be changed on a whim.

The running theme I’ve noticed is when one of the Gaming industry giants acquire a small studio you can say goodbye to what you remember about that studio. Large scale acquisition doesn’t always mean bigger pockets for funding it often means rushed deadlines, gated content, and nickle and dimeing of the consumer.

But yeah, it works, it’s smart business and people eat it up. So I can’t say I fault the business people for it. Still makes me angry though.

What should they have added to make black op3. Innovative ? Pls reply

IMHO, that will be good, provided that Myamoto stays rather hands-off on the project. I’ve kinda noticed in the last few years a lot of games’ tacked-on gimmicks usually stem from him wanting to have some new flashy and usually irrelevant…well something. Imagine what Starfox Zero would have been like if they hadn’t tried to shoehorn in Wii U dual screen functionality. It might have actually been a fun game.

no kidding, the resources they wasted in giving us that BS control set up couldve gone in for more content, and gameplay. things that wouldve made it playable for one, lol. gotta admit, miyamoto has been fuckking up bad for a long time already. whatever game they’re working on, i hope he just keeps his hands off and let them work. the past metroid prime games were phenomenol despite the change to FPS.

Has anybody else played Hello Kitty Cube Frenzy?

Because frack Badtz Maru on Super Hard. Seriously, I encourage you all to find an emulator and take the ultimate stress test.

Anything! All they did was copy and paste for the most part. It’s getting old and boring IMO.

Just go back to the old style of COD 4 with new toys. It would’ve been much better and it’s what everyone wants.