Game won't open and Microsoft Support is giving me the run around

sell that xbox and get another one? lol

I was originally going to sell my PS4 and build a gaming pc, but after watching the KI World Cup I got impatient and decided that I waited long enough to hop back into KI.

1 Like

NEVER GIVE AWAY YOUR XBOX ONE OR UR KI TO ANYONE AGAIN OR THE GODS WILL BE UNHAPPY!!!

have u tried it on a friends net work?

Wow that sucks man. I don’t know.

Out of curiosity, is it a new Xbox or a used one?

Yeah I love my little brother but I’ve been having KI withdrawals the past 8 months. I wish I gave him the PS4 instead.

I haven’t tried it on any other network other than my own.

1 Like

It’s a Microsoft refurbished unit. Went straight from the refurbish/repair center to the seller whom I purchased it from to me. The unit has a few light scratches on the glossy side but other than that is in immaculate condition. Runs quiet and work fine with all other apps/games I’ve tried.

Why did it have to be KI? Why couldn’t it be anything else? Somehow my Xbox got nerfed in the worst possible way.

I just ask, because if it isn’t new, then it might(?) be possible that the console was perma banned from KI due to its previous owner. Highly unlikely, but possible I guess.

Do you know if there’s a way to check?

shame on you for showing kindness to your family!

SWAP XBOX WITH HIM???

You’d probably have to have someone with the Killer Instinct team check for you.

If you log into a buddy’s X1 with your profile, can you play KI on his console? If so, then it is something tied to your console or KI specifically.

I doubt it’s banned though, because even if it was, I think you should still be able to play offline.

He actually sold it around the holidays last year. When I asked him why he didn’t just swap with me he said “All you’d play on the XB1 was KI, I didn’t think you’d want to.”

I’ll try to head over to a friends house today and have him download the game for me. Gotta say though, most people I know with an XB1 won’t be home much because it’s a Friday.

You said you had it from the disc version, I guess i you haven’t already you could uninstall it and try installing the digital one first. x__x

Just uninstalled the 27gb base version. Started the installation offline and will not let me install the game. I got error code 0x87e00005. Performed a console cycle and got the same message. Connected back to the internet and the game is now installing.

This is now the 5th time the base version is being installed. I know it’s only been 24 hours but I’m starting to get a little frustrated. I literally just want to play this game only. I couldn’t care less for any other app or game to work. I just want to play KI.

1 Like

You should not have to reinstall the game over and over again.

@GoogleMyName Hey Alex, can you PM @MFSN0W and get his info so you can look at his tag? Something’s obviously going on here.

8 Likes

Should I message Jebailey first or just wait till he initiates contact?

I hope you get it working!

Your xbox set as your home xbox?

Yup, made sure of that.