Game won't open and Microsoft Support is giving me the run around

I’m sorry you’re having trouble, I sometimes work with people in the Xbox Ambassadors program and most of the times people have come to me with this problem doing a hard reset of their Xbox has fixed the problem. You can hold the power button on the console down for ten seconds until the system shuts off, then disconnect it from the power supply until the light on that goes off as well. Then reconnect it and restart the Xbox and see if that helps.

I’ve also heard of issues with the “instant on” feature under the power settings, I’m not sure how this could be causing an issue but its an idea.

Yeah I’ve done that power cycle with my console several times but nothing comes of it. I also changed my power settings after I factory wiped the XB1 but it did nothing.

Second video just got done uploading. https://goo.gl/photos/HE2w6Gw3xoBTgvwh7

Game and all add ons are 100% installed with nothing in the queue. I’ve been at it for 15 hours now and I’m calling it a day. I want to sincerely thank everyone in this thread who’s offered their advice. Hopefully I wake up tomorrow to some better news!

first off all make sure you have the latest system update. Make sure to have the latest upadate patch for the game.

If nothing works, reset to default factory settings and redo the process.

If you haven’t tried logging out of your xboxlive account and launching the game do that and see what happens. I had a similar issue it was profile related. It resolved after I launched the game with a different profile. It really sucked for me because I had already wiped all of the game data and what not before then which cleared out all of the characters I had at level 50 and the and mid 30’s. It was pretty funny being a level 1 account and level 1 character on my main at killer rank.

My Ki does not have Jago on the front of the “app”. It should be Fulgore vs Jago.
Now it seems you have went throuhg everything so Im not sure what esle I could add to help you…which sucks because I feel really bad that you’ve put all this effort and no game.

Is the Jago “app” for the combo breaker disc? If so…wouldn’t you need the “Free” version of the game installed for the combo breaker to work?

Don’t you need to DL the free to play version before you buy the Ultra version ect… That’s how I purchased everything when I got KI… KI free to play, then I purchased the complete n=bundle 2 days later.

I hope they can get you fixed up today… having to wait any longer would be super brutal.

I installed the game 4 times yesterday. I performed a factory wipe late last night and it changed nothing. The game itself is the latest version.

Okay, I’m sorry if I suggest something that you’ve already done, but here goes.

1. Power cycle Xbox - if that doesn’t work then
  2. Check your network settings to make sure their okay - if they are then
  3. Remove and re-add your profile, this creates new profile data for you (your profile data for this game may be corrupted) - if this doesn’t work then
  4. Delete your local save data for the game so that it has to resync to the cloud (go to My Games & Apps, find KI, press the menu button, select manage game, scroll over to saved data, press A, and select delete from console, then power cycle by holding down the power button for 10 secs) - if it still doesn’t work then
  5. Verify that it is showing up under your purchases - if it does then
  6. Uninstall the game, reboot the console, then re-install - if it still doesn’t work
  7. Test an alternate hard drive

Let me know how that goes.

The Jago v Fulgore picture is replaced by solo Jago becase I have the retail copy. If I search for the 27gb free base game it only gives me the option to play, so the retail disc already has it fully installed. If I pin the game to my homepage then Jago v Fulgore shows up in place, but it’s essentially same game different logo.

Damn, I really wish it would work for you. Hope you figure it all out today!

@MFSN0W Any luck?

@Zcythe

1. Did the first power cycle of the day, no change.
  2. Ran all network settings, everything is good to go
  3. I removed my profile and all saved profile info, then added it back. No change
  4. I don’t have any local saved data for the game because I can’t get the game to start up. I did clear and cache and mac address to no avail
  5. Went to commerce.microsoft.com and checked all transactions. Since I have the physical disc it only shows the add ons, but everything that should be installed is.
  6. I did the uninstall/reinstall thing 4 times yesterday. I also hard wiped my console last night. I’d rather not go for a 5th time simply because it’s a large game, and I’m certain that my internet plan has a data cap somewhere in the TOS.
  7. I currently don’t have access to another hard drive. For what it’s worth the other games I have downloaded start and run just fine.

@MFSN0W Unless I missed it, I don’t see a note from you indicating you had tried this. I would recommend it, because this is not the first time I’ve heard of a profile causing problems. I see you’ve tried deleting and redownloading your profile, but try opening KI without being logged into ANY profile, and make a brand new one just to try logging into KI with, and see if that clears it up.

@xSkeletalx I tried it again this morning, nothing. This was one of the things I thought would take care of it.

Based on the rest of the posts, then, the best I can do for you is to tag the big guns and see if they might be able to help you out, sorry.

@TempusChaoti
@TheKeits
@Oxygen
@rukizzel
@GoogleMyName

3 Likes

Wow. Okay. Well, since you’re using a disc, I apologize, but let’s get the obvious out of the way.

1. Is your X1 horizontal?
  2. Is the disc dirty, damaged, or scratched?
  3. Have you tried cleaning the disc anyways?
  4. Are your other games on disc or digital?

I assume all of that is taken care of, so I know it’s a hassle, but when you uninstalled/re-installed, did you uninstall, reboot, and then re-install while offline?

It’s also possible that both your local and cloud save are corrupted. Try deleting your game save, rebooting the console, and then creating a new local save while offline. This assumes you’ll actually be able to get in and make a save of course.

Try restoring to factory defaults if you can’t get it to work.

Sorry if I seem like I’m bugging you, but I’m just trying to help.

You aren’t bugging me in the least bit. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

1. Xbox one is horizontal and facing up properly.
  2. Disc is in immaculate condition
  3. I haven’t touched the bottom of the disc
  4. The other games are digital. I originally bought the digital Ultra S1 edition but was refunded by Microsoft support after I told them of my intention to purchase a physical disc.

I can’t reinstall the game unless I’m online, the disc itself seems to have very little content on it and once I insert it I’m prompted to download the remaining 27.6gb update for the game.

I can’t create any actual save data because I can’t open the game. The only data I have for the game is the base 27gb file and all the additional S1/S2 add ons.

What about restoring your console to factory defaults?

Okay, so say you download and install the game. If you go offline and try to start the game, does the same thing happen?

After you’ve “downloaded and installed” while online, if you uninstall, reboot your console, go offline, and go to “my games & apps”, is KI still there since you’ve already downloaded it? Can you at that point, just reinstall while offline since you’ve already downloaded it?

What happens if you add a new profile and try to launch KI?

Did a factory wipe and clean install of the game last night. No change

Just tried running the game while offline and it still wouldn’t start

The disc itself doesn’t seem to have the entire base game on it. I’m prompted to install the 27.6gb update after it preps all the download content, and tells me I won’t be able to use certain features unless I accept the update. The entire game installation comes from the internet, which is why it takes 2-3 hours if I uninstall/reinstall the disc.

I tried running the game with no profiles signed in and it still gets stuck at the black screen.

Hope you get it started.

I hate network and download issues.