Fulgore lasers suggestions And Teleports

You mean how thunder gets a full combo off his SC, other characters don’t get a combo off their SC but they basically reset the game to neutral (almost).

That to me doesn’t sound worth the trouble. Then throw on character specific things like armor, counters etc etc.

It’s one of the easiest ways to escape the vortex, a well timed jump with cross up. It leads to a combo and conditioning.

If the fulgore is point with his fram advantage how are you jumping out of + frames without getting smacked?

A few points here:

@FallofSeraphs76 the extra arcs on tremor were added to the opener version not the linker, it was the opener version which caused issues in the corner when doing recaptures mid combo.

@F3Sleep I don’t actually think more visibility between the different lasers would solve much really. It would make his medium laser juggles easier to break on reaction to the first hit but this is due to the increased hitstop and the fact that you break after the hit giving you more time to react. If you were trying to shadow counter I don’t think there is enough time to react between the lasers. I don’t disagree per se, but I don’t think more visible strengths would help much.

1 Like

It is possible to shadow counter Medium laser but not on reaction. A read would get it though. Only time I would go for it would be by knowing the spacing.

Indeed, my point was that changing the move to make different strengths more visible wouldn’t really make it more reactable. You’d be able to tell what they just did more easily, sure, but given the speed of the move this wouldn’t allow you to shadow counter on reaction.

1 Like

So, reviving this thread in light of Fulgore’s lasers receiving a pretty substantial nerf. It seems like the devs agreed that Fulgore does too many things well to also have one of the best pressure openers in the game, so light laser is now -2 on block and medium laser is now 0 on block. Possibly a case of the process – that is, hashing things out on the forums – getting things done.

I’m not sure where I sit on this one, tbh. It means that Fulgore will be leaning on his buttons a lot more for pressure strings, and he does still have some great buttons, but I’m not sure how well Fulgore converts counterhits off of frame traps without laser. I guess the question I have is, what’s the point of using laser over blade dash now? He might be able to sneak in a button after light laser since it’s so fast, I guess?

I’m sure that Fulgore will remain very potent, but since his pressure game is the most interesting part of his gameplan to me, I’d probably be dropping him now if I were playing him seriously up until this point.

I dropped KI for sure. Mainly because I can’t play it for a while. I got some new Fulgore tech though. They think it’s their turn after a light laser? Well fûck you. I will pip cancel that into cyber dash.

well, then you are even at best and -4 at worst. Also could opt to do a DP to catch your opponent pressing buttons, still this does dent fulgore’s pressure in a way that I find reasonable as a fulgore main. Also don’t forget -10 on heavy laser which might make it so that you can hit a fulgore out of forcing his way in with heavy laser - teleport on your back, don’t know if that will work quite that way though, wanna hit the lab ASAP on the 22nd.

Assuming it hits. You have to take into account the angle of attacks. It is possible for the Heavy DP to miss if the opponent is right about to cross over you.

As for my thoughts on Fulgore’s Eye Laser nerf, I don’t know where I sit on this one. While Fulgore was going to need the nerf eventually, I’m not sure if I do agree. He lost a LOT of his pressure game. We just have to wait and see how it turns out.

You’ll probably see more dp\s then ever now.

I’m just not a fan of nerfing the bot very disappointed that’s all I have to say :frowning:

So now Fulgore has no + moves at all. He already has low damage, why not leave his light laser still +1 it is a light special, why is it less safe than a medium special? Arbiters gap closing special is + on block… Why didn’t that get nerfed too?

Which one? The overhead or the lunging one?

Because his overhead doesn’t combo from anything.

And normal attacks apparently no longer exist. Nor do delayed pip cancels for frame traps.

There’s no rule that says lights need to be more safe than mediums. Lots of special moves are most unsafe on the light version, and safest on the heavy version. “Light” is just a term meaning what button you press, it doesn’t really mean much as far as frame advantage goes.

What is the correlation between a 30f lunging attack and Fulgore’s close range, fast pressure tool? Might as well say Jago’s heavy wind kick is punishable on block, why is Fulgore’s laser also not punishable?

2 Likes

They are movement specials. They cover distance, that in itself shouldn’t be safe. Huge difference between stationary specials and movement specials. Arby can throw a grenade on you, and have a free in. Fulgore can frame trap off 2 or 3 normals, all of which are easy to see and know not to press a button. Compared to Arby because they are both setup heavy vortex characters.

Then let them sit there blocking and just grab them and set up a fireball mix up.