Fulgore instinct rant

Please clarify, because I don’t understand where you’re getting this from.

great. thread got moved so it can die a slow death. that’s ok. YouTube gets way more traffic anyways.

You can still answer my query. :wink:

Fulgore has more tools than the majority of the cast to deal with shadow counters, between DP/shadow DP beating some shadow counters, a pressure tool that is 100% ambiguous on whether it will be 1 or 2 hits, the ability to delay a special by charging it, and a fireball that is completely safe from shadow counters.

1 Like

oh my bad. I just meant wulfy does the same thing with his instinct cancels. what Ima try like he// to do tho is try not to enter the combo system and just manual the heck outta everything.

1 Like

Wulf cancels everything. Fulgore only cancels specials into other specials. It might be worse, but he doesn’t have a cooldown timer like the werewolf, which makes it arguably better or balanced in a way, and is actually more like Tusk’s instinct if anything.

1 Like

so my instinct goes to s /-/ I -/-, and I have to spend more meter to get out of a shadow counter and all of that meter build up is wasted? lol.
you said it best

no thanks

Well, if you’re determined to downplay your character, that’s on you.

3 Likes

Not while in instinct, where it’s free. Outside of it, you still have 1 more additional option to deal with SCs that nobody else has. Seems like a worthy trade for pips IMO. Besides, you don’t have to use it. Just take the hit, break normally, and keep your pips for your counter-offensive.

1 Like

I predict that fulgore ends up being an ultra zoner during instinct due to the nature of triple variable speed fireballs. There’s defeinitely at some infinite blockstring in there somewhere

1 Like

these are facts I’m not exaggerating or downplaying anything that I’m aware of. sorry u feel that way. it’s simple. fulgore wails on his opponents for 24 seconds a match up if he makes 100% right calls. but during that pressure he looses out on meter pip charges. so with shadow counter Windows being as large as Mrs duggers ovaries, why should I risk it? pop fulgores instinct people run away or S/C. worthless.

You know, literally every character in the cast is capable of baiting and punishing shadow counters. Fulgore is equipped with more options to do so than is standard. If you’re having that much of a problem with them, maybe your offense needs more thought in it.

2 Likes

max found one. but u need 8 pips as the hit stun stacks. no other way I’m aware of

Well now you need 0 pips assuming no shadows. The reason i think this could be really good is staggered fireballs are absolute hell to deal with, and now that every fireball is effectively 3 while I believe still being able to cancelled into heavy he can put out a large amount of chip dyring instinct, with a little bonus here amd there if the opponent lands on a fireball

2 Likes

ya, and too bad when my instinct depends on them doing one or not. yup fulgore has the tools, but IG encourages us to go ape with his cancels and makes us hesitate to use them. only wulf and fulgore come to mind.

1 Like

ya, but that’s assuming that u did a good job and got that spin meter going by using rush down and triple autos that is in of itself a risky proposition. i think his resources will be too valuable to squander them on what is now a 35% reduction in fireballs and lazers. I’d save it for up close and personal, which is where my shadow counter concern come into play.

I didn’t know we could quote our own posts :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sorry dude. Fulgore has too much. There’s an issue when you can activate instinct. Get outplayed and still be rewarded with meter even if you fail. Any other character in the game wouldn’t be able to use their instinct (Save maybe Sadira) but fulgore could? It was just weird and he didn’t need it.

1 Like

no no. not at all bro. I get the logistics of it. my beef is that his instinct is purely risk and reward now. I just think they went a little to far to the right.

1 Like