Fulgore instinct rant

I’m on my phone so this isn’t gonna be pretty, but to the point.

fulgore aganos matchup just got flipped.
u want me to pip cancel against him when all he does is chuck up and throw? first time I’m ever gonna see a time out and all 99 seconds sitting in a corner.

I’m not even gonna go into other match ups. what i will do however is to circumvent IGs idiot instinct mechanic is to pip charge like no tomorrow from full screen and use my pip cancels at a time of my own choosing throughout the match instead of 12 seconds.

worst of all the window to shadow counter these pip cancel attempts are stupidly huge now and they admitted it was to make them easier to perform. so I have a worthless instinct that get blown up by the entire cast and is counter intuitive to the very mechanics inherent in the game?

IG…slow down and just give him meter like the rest of the cast cause it’s obvious there’s now going to be a 5th rework.

ps. could care less about damage nerfs. swordman puts in work and so should I. same goes for omen and shago mains.

[quote="ShellShock520, post:1, topic:16962
u want me to pip cancel against him when all he does is chuck up and throw?
[/quote]

Yes. Perhaps beat him by not allowing him to be in a range where he can throw. Pip canceling can help with that.[quote=“ShellShock520, post:1, topic:16962”]
is to pip charge like no tomorrow from full screen and use my pip cancels at a time of my own choosing throughout the match instead of 12 seconds.
[/quote]

Why not both? You can use fireballs/heavy laser full screen in rapid succession without meter and you can charge as well :D[quote=“ShellShock520, post:1, topic:16962”]
worst of all the window to shadow counter these pip cancel attempts are stupidly huge now and they admitted it was to make them easier to perform. so I have a worthless instinct that get blown up by the entire cast and is counter intuitive to the very mechanics inherent in the game?
[/quote]

Ah but if they shadow counter your pip cancels, you can always pip cancel into a dp/shadow plasma port to beat it :smiley:

2 Likes

ya know, I’d respect it more if IG was just straight up and removed his teleport capability. cause they could have easily cut off 4 pips from his meter and called it a day.
IG: “we felt that he just sits on too much meter”

what a load of BS

1 Like

Dp doesn’t beat SC’s. You need a shadow to trade. Shadow plasma port might work on some SC’s But I’'ll look into that one.

dude I blow up shadow counters all day with a pip DP. that’s not the point

Depends on the SC. Dp beats some. When it doesn’t, Shadow Plasmaport usually works. If it dosn’t, Shadow DP for a trade then. SC’s making Fulgore’s instinct useless simply isn’t true.

ok. when that patch drops lets go a few rounds, let’s see if your right. anyone that has a fundamental play style will eat his pip cancels for breakfast. and you sir have been around long enough to know that’s the blunt truth.

Ok just to clarify Fulgore can Cancel into a pip charge (like wulf can cancel his moves in his instinct)?

(also fulgore is a lot like Yun or Lucio from overwatch, no matter how many changes they get they will still be super good or top tier)

huh? I don’t think u understand the gravity of his instinct being able to be undermined by a single bar of shadow meter. all they did was steal wulfs instinct and apply it to fulgore. there isn’t anything one bit creative about it. oh ya. it’s IG. never mind. whoever quit IG from season 2, y’all need to rehire them back. seriously

1 Like

Fulgore should be grateful for that. Good thing the hitboxes don’t clash on some SC’s or he would be eating SC’s for days.

I appreciate the time u spent to reply, but your suggesting I blow 2 pips to bait a shadow counter and another 4 pips to counter their counter shadow? and since the reactor spins at random speeds now what’s the point of your post again?

no offense but I’m super ■■■■■■■ all they did was copy and paste wulfs instinct and that’s just the last straw. all this game does is game genie crap that’s already an asset. what a let down

1 Like

I agree that his instinct change does seem very underwhelming (in terms of it being unique) but he is still a amazing character

ya thank God IG didn’t build him from scratch it he’d be just as F’d up as season 2 or 3.

1 Like

enlighten us scrubs then oh supreme one.

[quote=“ShellShock520, post:1, topic:16962”]
fulgore aganos matchup just got flipped.
[/quote]I came in knowing this was a rant, but I did not expect anyone to ever say this. It is music to my ears, although I don’t yet believe it to be necessarily true.

[quote=“ShellShock520, post:7, topic:16962”]
ok. when that patch drops lets go a few rounds, let’s see if your right.
[/quote]I would like to go a few rounds against your Fulgore while using my Aganos to find out if you’re right (about the matchup, not pip-cancels vs. SCs), because to be honest, I hope you are. Aside from Sadira, Fulgore has always been 1 of my hardest matchups. Let’s go! :punch:

1 Like

I’ve been here since 2013 and seen ups and downs. I promise not be be a little “B” because u speak your mind. please change my mind.

I don’t post what I eat for dinner on Facebook and certainly don’t post on forums without having an open mind that’s willing to change. so go ahead and change it. :heart:

lol, I like you. :heart:

Alright. I was very discouraged by your attitude though. :confused:

Basically, I see the fulgore instinct change as a very minor nerf to the character overall, while making his instinct far more threatening. The main thing is it takes more effort to get to full pips. The issue for a while has been that fulgore could largely ignore his meter because even with the use of some energy system moves he was likely to get at least 4-5 pips on his way to his first instinct, and in instinct he was guaranteed something like 6 pips and could realistically get many more. The bottom line is fulgore was effectively guaranteed to have full meter mobility by the second life bar. I definitely agree with IG changing this as there are some matchups where the other character is almost unable to fight back once fulgore gets to full pips. Limiting his meter makes a lot of sense.

On the other hand, fulgore’s instinct just got a major buff. There are things fulgore can do that previously I wouldn’t bother with due to meter inefficiency–staggered multifireballs into teleport pip cancels into pip cancel pressure strings, or just straight up alternating between fireball and laser pip cancels trying to force a reaction. He’s going to have to work more to get the mobility buffs but his instinct is going to be much scarier for its duration rather than functioning more as a long-term advantage that the opponent can’t do much about. To some extent the same ideas that apply to the new instinct did for the old, but this is on a much greater scale because the pip cancelling is actually free instead of just coming without the downside of spin speed loss.

I honestly don’t know what point you’re even trying to make about shadow counters, nor do I know where you got the idea that aganos will stomp on fulgore now.

4 Likes

Me either.

ya. I know all that. and my point is that it’s all irrelevant based on shadow counters and the widening of the counter window. thoughts? he’s pretty much another saber wulf at this point.