Forums Lobby Hangout, Sat. May 2

I’m down for Saturday at noon.

2 Likes

Me too! I will have free time this Saturday, so I can play KI lobby with you guys.

2 Likes

Alright - so it’s official:

We are on for Saturday at 12:00pm EDT.

It’s also official that I was underwhelmed by the MS event, but I can put that aside. They did, however, say July for Microsoft studios games. So we will see what happens then.

4 Likes

I think I’m going to need the KI lobby this Saturday to cheer me up after that presentation. Yikes!

2 Likes

I thought it was okay. Earlier tweets stated that this was just going to be a taste.

I mean, it was fine. But most people hear “First look at Series X gameplay!!” And they don’t stick around to hear “but none of our games it’s all 3rd party stuff, including some Indies and remakes.” I mean Yakuza Fire Dragon? It didn’t look like a next gen game.

I’ll be curious to see the reaction to the fact that most/all of these games are playable on Xbox One. I generally like the concept but if the Series X is just an “up your frame rate to 120” box for the first year I will have zero motivation to upgrade.

That’s what I expect it will be. Microsoft seems to be going the route of really making their console brand more like PC gaming (I personally see this as a very good thing).

Basically, a game releases with a set of minimum requirements and recommended requirements. Over time, the minimum requirements become greater and ultimately you need to upgrade your PC hardware.

Here, on Xbox, looks like it’ll be minimum console. So right now an Xbox One would be the minimum for newer games, with the Xbox Series X being the recommended and the Xbox One X falling in the middle. This will shift as time goes on and after about a year or so the Xbox One/Xbox One S will likely be phased out, followed by the Xbox One X a but further down the road.

So, right now, I’d say if you have an Xbox One X, there will be no need to get an Xbox Series X off the bat.

1 Like

We still on for today? @BigBadAndy

At 12 est correct?

1 Like

Was there any reason to hold this event? Perhaps pressure to show something? I don’t quite understand the timing. Current situation would have been a valid excuse to wait.

Doing SamSho lobbies now and I may drop by. Need to start my XBOX 1 first, prly lots software of updates waiting lol

2 Likes

Honestly, it was just something to do with friends. We played last week and had a ton of fun.

2 Likes

I think @BoJima404 is talking about the MS event on Thursday, not our forum lobbies. I think the MS event is being deservedly panned as underwhelming, but I think it’s being blown out of proportion as a disaster rather than just a badly overhyped reveal of some new 3rd party software. @maximillion was pretty harsh but I think accurate in his focus. If the games don’t blow us away just on next gen graphics that’s ok. But then show us something that couldn’t be done on Xbox One. Show us some load times. Show us frame rates. Don’t talk about it and then show a lot of CGI and fake gameplay footage.

Anyway, @MandrillManiac we are 100% on for 12:00 Eastern US, and I’m looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was referring to the MS event, sorry for the confusion. :+1:

Doing my best to join the lobby lol

3 Likes

tenor (1)

I’ll be ready!

2 Likes

My son will be joining us, FYI. He’s 12 so no one has to walk on eggshells. But if we stick to forum rules for acceptable content his mom would appreciate it. :wink:

5 Likes

I will try my best lol

Lobby is up now. I’m going to use the lobby chat but if we have a problem I will start a party chat.

1 Like

Alrighty joining two seconds.

@BubbRubb4Real @WebNRagnarok we coming boys?

Please start party chat, so I can know what you guys talking about.

2 Likes

hey guys, just joined

1 Like

Not sure if my mic works though, getting no response

1 Like