Forums Lobby Hangout, Sat. May 2

Hi All,
There’s been a big resurgence in mentions of KI in social media and I find myself playing more than I have in a long time. I thought it might be fun to set up a lobby for folks who participate in these forums to hang out.

I want it to be a lobby for real forum participants - not just folks who happen to wander into matchmaking. So I’m going to set up a private lobby. Just send me a friend invite if I’m not in your friends list with a note mentioning the KI forums (I’m getting a lot of spam lately) and I will add you to my friends list.

I haven’t decided on a time - although I’m thinking about just switching the lobby on when I wake up in the morning and then lurking all day. But it might be better to arrange the time. Let me know if you are interested and available on Saturday, what time you prefer.

I’m not interested in becoming internet famous and don’t plan to stream it. I don’t know if people have any interest in streaming - but if you do please just let me know so we can have some kind of coordination. I don’t want four people in the lobby practicing their shoutcasting all at once.

The lobby is going to be casual and accommodate all skill levels. So if you want to show up and try to be king of the hill for 100 matches please don’t. I don’t want to have to establish a big list of rules and bylaws, but if it looks like someone is hogging the room I’ll ask you to jump to the back of the queue so other people get a chance to face each other.

Microphones are greatly encouraged. Also, please feel free to organize another lobby on your own. I’m not trying to raise hype for my YouTube channel or anything so I have no ownership of this idea. Maybe only a few people are interested in this or maybe we have a full house all day. We’ll see.

Gratuitous tagging of folks who might be interested but don’t feel uninvited if I somehow left you off of here I’m trying to do this right before a conference call: @BoJima404, @WebNRagnarok, @FallofSeraphs76, @G1GlaciusPrime, @Dayv0, @Fwufikins @xSkeletalx @STORM179, Feel free to tag all the people I’m forgetting.

@CommunityModerators please feel free to move this if I stuck it in the wrong place.

6 Likes

More gratuitous tags:
@R1stormrider, @CodeComplete85 @LetalisVenator @ItzTymeToDul @MandrillManiac @oTigerSpirit @SonicDolphin117

6 Likes

if i am able, i will show up. ive been getting an itch lately to play this game again

2 Likes

I should be able barring bad weather. I’m using the Win 10 version of Ki, so I should be able to play with everyone… worse case… I’ll jump on Xbox.

For me the evening is always best… but I’m off work for an entire month so as long as I know in advance I should be available.

2 Likes

I know I wasn’t tagged but I would be down for some games. I’m available any time of the day on Saturday.

4 Likes

You should have been tagged. Sorry man

Sounds like fun. Count me in, at least for a little while. :sunglasses: :+1:

3 Likes

Same here! I haven’t played KI lobby with my friends for a long time. I would be happy to play with you guys. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sure. I’ll double check if I am able too.

2 Likes

Cool! I haven’t played in what seems like a year so I know I’m pretty terrible currently. But Id definitely like to hang out. I cant guarantee my kids wont be screaming int he back ground though LOL

2 Likes

It’s all good! No worries friend! :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

I think my xbox may be dying.

Oh no

1 Like

It’d be cool to play with you guys, a good learning experience for me.

I’ve got a bunch of stuff I need to do on Saturday, but I might be able to make it in the evening, eastern time.

I play Multiplayer with the Windows Store version, though note I do not have a mic.

1 Like

Okay, people seem to have a preference for the evening. Instead of trying to keep it open all day, I will plan to turn it on at 6pm eastern and we can see how it goes.

4 Likes

Are we going to have voice chat as well. :slight_smile:

I always have voice chat. I would recommend every one just use the lobby chat unless we are having some technical difficulties in which case I can start a party chat. Are you logging in from Pc? I haven’t been able to get Xbox chat working on my PC lately but maybe that’s just my issue.

I can… sigh… use my Xbox. :sweat_smile::joy::rofl:

What up, im back, for the people.

6 Likes

Hello there!

1 Like

Ohh sheeet! I just fired up KI and the OMen fight stick…its been a long time! I hope all my stuff is still intact! lol

**** Everything is still there! And IM rusty as hell! lol

5 Likes