Favorite dragons from movies or games

i would like to know what is your favorite dragons from movies or games
my favorites would be deathwing from wow and smaug from hobbit and alduin from skyrim

comment or upload a picture of your favorite dragons

3 Likes

Vermithrax Pajorative from Dragon Slayer

The name actually translates to “The Worm from Thrace that makes things worse”…

Other notable dragons I adore is Smaug from the Hobbit (I’m still sad he died… stupid Bard).
Gorbash from “The Flight of Dragons”.
Bahamut (Final Fantasy Series).

2 Likes
8 Likes

This one:

8 Likes

Oh yeah, Bruce Lee the Little Dragon. In fact, his VERY birthname literally means “Little Dragon” in Chinese :slight_smile: :wink: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Blue Eyes White Dragon. A classic.

2 Likes

Seath the Scaleless

And

Villentretenmerth, also known as Borch three Jackdaws

2 Likes

Nozdormu from Warcraft. The Bronze Dragonflight Aspect who manages Time.

Murozond from Warcraft. Nozdormu’s evil future self.

The Black Dragon Kalameet from Dark Souls 1.

Bonus: Sindragosa from Warcraft.

2 Likes

Another vote for Deathwing (WoW ) and Smaug ( Hobbit)

Also the Bewilderbeast specifically “Drago’s Beast” (HTTYD); Such an odd yet interesting looking dragon. Breathes ice and mind control.

http://pre04.deviantart.net/8a6e/th/pre/f/2014/352/0/8/drago_s_bewilderbeast_by_bewilderbeast1-d8aa0pn.jpg

1 Like

I’m not really into dragons… they are just so typical.
But there are a few cute ones I like:

Yeah, I prefer the Skylander version of Spyro when it comes to his appearance.

1 Like

Drago from Dragon Heart. Also props to the Gorbash mention - love Flight of Dragons.

4 Likes

Spryo is a classic, but if I have to pick one dragon…it’s my boy Shenron/Shenlong.

2 Likes

The effects seem dated now but Draco is still badass

3 Likes

Flight of Dragons was probably my all time favorite movie as a kid. In fact one of my main characters in my screenplay, “The Wolf Prince” is based off of Smurgl. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got another vote for Smaug, but not just any old Smaug. My favorite iteration of him comes from the 1977 Rankin Bass adaptation.

I feel like this adaptation had the best version of his killer monologue, and his sneer and his massive body gave him a decadently evil presence.

I also have a soft spot for the Red Dragons from D&D. Besides having all the best nasty qualities of classic dragons, their design is ■■■■■■■ incredible.

^This is probably my favorite illustration of a dragon. Period.

4 Likes

Yeah, I have Dragon that I like form one of my faaaaavorite movies.

4 Likes

All hail King Ghidorah!

2 Likes

I like Draco from Dragon Heart, but he was a different type of dragon (short muzzle, armoured type, closer to a Carnotaurus XD). I like the old fashioned dragons quite much. The design from Reign of Fire (not that good movie) was nice. And I watched The Hobbit just for Smaug.

Reign of Fire design (flyer, bat like, dragon/wyvern style)

One of my favourites dragon designs of all time and that inspired me a lot it’s just…a logo!!

(I love how it has some “horse look” style)

Another dragon I like was the wise:

He inspired me the intelectual aspec, while other dragons as Falkor from the NeverEnding story inpired the goodhearted nature:

I love drawing dragons myself. I have over 200+ species and some old drawings, and new custom designs for clients/commissioners =)

4 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like