Favorite dragons from movies or games

Back to this thread to talk about two dragons I want to mention:

The dragon Haku, in Chihiro’s movie:

And recently Elliot from the last Disney movie:

They are asian/american dragon styles and I totally love this. I consider dragons from Americas closer to dragons from Asia, if you can relate them in a way. We can also say there are stories of “dragons” in Patagonia, closer to serpents than the classic european dragon. Also having more mammal features relate them to dragons from the Eastern culture. I found that amazing. You can also say Quetzal, with a little imagination, may be related to a dragon, but with feathers :wink:

Now, talking about the last movie I saw (Pete’s dragon) I liked it quite much. The way they portrait the dragon, the innocence about the movie…I was in need of watching something like that. And being about a dragon, I wasn’t going to wait any more to watch it.

1 Like

Back on the dragons topic!

What do you think guys? Do think people like dragons or not?
I find them fascinating and really fun to draw.

If you enjoy dragons I wanted to show you one of my oldest Dragon species I redraw during this week.

This is a strong adult male (females have wings and lighter color plus different features in their ears and horns). These dragons live close to the coast . They are shore dragons, something like seagulls and/or Pinnipedia,though they prefer rocky places close to the sea and their organizations are different. Families aren’t huge. Males usually take care of the little ones while females cover more distance flying to look for food and watch their territory.
They don’t like people much, other dragons like conversations with humans. Shore dragons try to avoid them.

Hope you like it =) I have more dragons I would need to work on, they are more classic or specialized. I need to keep on drawing them =D

Edti:
Oh! I almost forget the patagonian huge dragons! The serpent or Land (Tren tren) and the master of the sea, lakes and rivers (Kai Kai)

Drawing dragons from the Americas have been a fun challenge too n_n

If you have data about North American dragons please share it with me =D. I have some archive drawings for the ones I created by stories, but wouldn’t mind to know more.

7 Likes

i like it alot

1 Like

Simply amazing, I wish I had your talent

1 Like

I like dragonslayers better… but

Top 3 Dragons of mine.

Bonus:

4 Likes

One of my favorite dragons of all time has to be this douche Darkeater Midir from Dark Souls 3 Ringed City. His them was godlike and I still consider him to be the hardest boss of that game.

2 Likes

Best CGI Dragon(s) to date imo (Game of Thrones):

2 Likes

Vermithrax Pajorative! She was the inspiration for the dragons in Reign of Fire.

Smaug…
Alduin/Partharnax

1 Like