Favorite AND Best KI Season 3 Themes

Honestly, for as much crap as S3’s soundtrack gotvbecause it wasn’t Mick doing it or any other reason, I look at all of those characters and I think of the music for each one and I think they’re all great.

I picked Mira, but it could just as easily have been any of them.

2 Likes

I would say my tastes lean toward hip-hop, pop, and funk (feels weird to try and define my tastes after going so long without thinking about genre labels)…considering how much of the KI soundtrack has flavors of metal, it’s not really the kind of stuff I usually listen to. Still, it’s very good music, so I enjoy it a lot.

As for my favorite tracks? Probably either raam or eyedol’s theme. For raam, I love how it blends a really heavy sound with something more melancholy and soft. It feels like it’s echoing the theme of the games–sure, on the surface they’re very loud and all about the scream of spinning metal and grinding up grunts in the great machine of war, but they bring to life a surprisingly genuine bleakness and sadness if you really get into them. IMO it’s a very faithful theme for the series it pays tribute to. For eyedol, coming from the perspective of a person that had actually never listened to eyedol’s original theme, I was gobsmacked by it. That dark, electric, synth-rock feel it has is about the last thing I’d expect to be the theme for a big dumb ogre with two heads. But it just works, it’s an amazing piece of music and definitely a standout track for the soundtrack as a whole, not just season 3. When it quiets down just a bit, only for the KI theme to ominously cut through…I get chills. Absolutely fantastic.

As a personal thing, if there is a fourth season (fingers crossed) I hope they have more songs in the musical region of TJ’s theme. It’s still the best song the game has to offer, IMO.

The fact that there are no guitars on that theme feels incredible to me

One of the best, no doubt

In order from BEST to Meh…

1. Tusk
  2. Battletoads
  3. Kim Wu
  4. Gargos
  5. Warrior’s Path
  6. Eyedol
  7. Arbiter
  8. RAAM
  9. Mira

1.Kim Wu
2.Tusks (especially when it goes Idle, that’s the main reason why I like TBH).
3.Rash
4.Gargos
5.Eyedol
6.RAAM
7.Arbiter
8.Mira(hate this one, don’t like it at all)

I didn’t find any of the tracks to be outstanding or great TBH but I understand that in comparison to Mick, AP&C are horrible but they did an okay job IMO. If there is a S4, hope Mick comes back.

1 Like

I think Mira’s theme is REALLY Underrated.

But whatever…

3 Likes

Agree. I really like it.

But I’m a rare guy: I love Riptor’s theme

3 Likes
  1. General Raam
  2. Arbiter
  3. Eyedol
  4. Gargos
  5. Tusk
  6. Kim Wu
  7. Rash
  8. Mira

Gargos’ theme is good to me but it takes really long to get to the hook on the soundtrack which is bad IMO cause it should be introduced very shortly and should occur frequently in the theme as soon as it starts.

1 Like