Eyedol with one or two heads? (Poll)

Wait, you want dialogue? As soon as Eyedol speaks at all it’s probably going to get pretty goofy.

There may be other ways to go about this, but the only way I see two heads working is if they really play up the eldritch abomination angle with the Shadow Lords, and have them be these incomprehensible beings that just don’t bother to present an interactable face. Two heads that just ominously go about their stuff is unsettling and terrifying; two heads that bother engaging in dialogue are a bit goofy.

I guess an alternative (though related) route is to take a leaf from The Witcher 3’s Crones, who are such twisted abominations and fuss about among themselves in this arcane and unsettling manner, which works really well. Basically I don’t think you can have Eyedol try to behave like a typical evil overlord badass with egotistical ■■■■-talking without seeming kinda silly.

It really depends on how the dialog is presented. I mean, grunts & such would be fine, but some basic taunting, possibly using “we” to describe itself…something simple like “We will bash you into dust.” I don’t think would be considered as goofy. Honestly IMHO…Having him charge in as full speed at the start of a match, similar to his original charge, coming to a sudden stop & then letting out a camera-shaking primal yell…that would be awesome!!

1 Like

Cyclops are fools
2 heads talking to them is silly
2 heads, Ciclops is even more silly
2 together talking heads, having added 2 voices, but speak at the same time. What is the point of having two heads?
It’s hard to please and do something cool.

I would remove the “Ciclops” first. He may have two eyes or as I love to suggest, 3 eyes. The third eye is the Ciclops element of the character. 3 eyes remind wisdom and not stupid, as are Ciclops.

2 heads I honestly like and dislike the same time. I would like to see something very different.

I suggested once he enters the stage, say something in a single voice. The head opens on 2 sides, and a second face appears inside with only one eye. And now the voice gets a second tone, demonic below. A dual voice. There are two heads, one inside the other. Not exactly the same thing you have in Eyedol classic, but it’s there! 2 heads lol

And a head with horns not stop being silly just because it has horns or looks like a devil!

2 Likes

It would be one thing if you were building a new character from the ground up, but if they go with Eyedol at all, that would not be the case. His general appearance is already established, just the refinements are what would be added. What you’re suggesting would be like saying Riptor should be a stegosarus, or Tusk a zombie Zulu warrior.
& if you want to take goofy, What you’re suggesting with the splitting head thing has been done in other mediums as well, and they were so horribly goofy they still today are used as an example of a lousy gimmick.

Whatever the case is, it all depends on the presentation of the character. If they make the heads stupid and arguing with each other in a stooge-like manner, yes he’ll be goofy. If Eyedol is presented as a hulking, menacing, competent destroyer, then goofy will not be a way he will be described…well, until they get to his retro accessories anyway.

1 Like

lol dude!

I agree when you say about the identity etc.

And this is what might happen. complete redesign

Maya, Riptor (it is not the same thing of KI1) Gargos, Glacius, cinder …

I know I know … two heads is not as Gargos or Glacius that continue in the same “line”

My example is another

OR to keep the two heads … but more “cool” without Ciclops

4 Likes

No One head eyedol, NO EYEDOL. this is not 1994

Thank you so much for saying this. everytime I say two heads is goofy people seem to sit on thier ears

NO two heads is Goofy…NOOOOOOOOO

The first and only intelligent Eyedol fan on this thread. the rest of them…“facepalm”

Unbelievable what has nerfing has to do with changing a characters overall morphology? At least you guys should try to make some sense when you comment to a developer or important community member.

Ermac from MK does the same, he uses words like “us” and “we” to describe himself. The same could work with eyedol.

2 Likes

What if eyedol had one head but each half was different? Like a 2 face type character.

I think this is the best way to avoid the goofiness.

2 Likes

Or Eyedol’s new design should look like this.

2 Likes

What do you think of one headed eyedol but 2 faced instead?

He will officially be known as “2/3 of Aganos”.

1 Like

Really?..

Should I list all the goofiness in KI3 so far?

Some character’s accessories, rash, the fact that most of these characters are based of off some gimmick, trope or stereotype. So far, KI is an exaggerated circus act on steroids! It doesn’t have the perfect balance of seriousness and goofiness as the original and I’ve even made posts about this in the past. (KI1 had this dark, gritty feel to it with blood and violent finishers, yet every now and then something silly, comedic would happen, like some no mercies were goofy and even the stage knock offs and humiliations were weird.) I’m all for that balance.

A lot of people attacked me and even praised the goofiness of KI to the point that they don’t seem to care about the dark atmosphere anymore. And here you are adam, contemplating about how eyedol is “too goofy”? Are you disregarding the fact that KI already has so much goofiness? It almost seems as if you have second thoughts about the direction of the game all of a sudden and it might be too late dude. Is eyedol the icing on the cake of KI’s overall wackiness?

I’m not angry, just a little bit confused as to how KI3 is wacky enough and out of the blue you guys are asking for something serious now.

8 Likes

Seems he won’t answer our question…

He might or might not.

Might not. Because he didn’t answer my question too. : /

1 Like

I had a long post on this on the previous forums.

KI is certainly full of goofy things, but it’s always goofy you opt in to. Eyedol is just goofy from the get-go, mainly because the cultural impression of two headed humanoids with clubs is: dumb and goofy. It’s hard to work around that.

My issue is that to maintain the things that signaturely define Eyedol as Eyedol immediately puts him in goofy territory, without player opt-in.

2 Likes