Eyedol is Unfair

Eyedol plays like a boss character. Strong AI would make him a beast, but a player needs to be incredibly on-the-ball to adapt to his two very different play-styles on the fly. I’ve been bodied by people who could, and easily beat people who couldn’t.

The only 2 things that I think are a little too strong on Eyedol right now is his j.HP in Warrior form, and the meteors coming down during his DP in Instinct (especially the Shadow version as a damage ender).

Other than that, you have to treat this as 2 separate characters. You’ll have to figure how to deal with the Warrior form’s rushdown and get in on the Mage form’s zoning. To avoid the low lightning, I suggest using characters that have moves that dodge lows like Sadira’s spin, or Jago’s Windkick if timed right. And there’s always Shadow projectile-invincible moves that you can use on reaction as well.

When shadow lords comes out and we see gargos in all of his glory uninhibited bully any game balancing that’s how we will see how he beat Eyedol. Honestly I also want a hidden Eyedol boss in shadow lords with his instinct on at all times XD

3 Likes

That sounds like hell to deal with, he can fill the screen with unlimited hitboxes it’d Rainbow Edition all over again. But you know there’s probably some super rare consumable in Shadow Lords that probably enables that.

This should make you feel better. Then only reason Gargos beat Eyedol is because they wrote it that way. :slight_smile: They have always said that Gargos was the boss of S3, so you can’t write in a character a month later that throws the whole S3 story off. On the plus side, I love having Eyedol back, and would rather use him to fight Gargos, then to use Gargos to fight Eyedol.

On the topic point, there are several characters that have more BS and are worse than Eyedol.

1 Like

As someone who basically only plays this games zoners, I’m a little surprised that everyone says the mage stance is the best zoning in the game. When I play it, the moves just don’t click with me. I find myself just desperately spamming low lighting trying to get a hit, on occasion a meteor and that’s it. Teleport is weak as hell unless its a followup to lightning, overall the mage doesn’t really feel like he’s the best at anything. :\

Mage is defined by control. He can cover space with back MP, punish any zoning attempt with teleport, punish jumping with m lighting or meteor…

Even can run away really fast with j. HP, J.HP, J.HP… Its kinda ridiculous xD

What he does so well, keeping the enemy on check, comes with a weakness: low damage. Even hitting multiple projectiles deals low damage. But the real damage comes from warrior head.

Eyedol is unfair,
Beating scrubs out there,
Shooting lighting at the concession,
Switching stances with oppression.

Lol but seriously he’s not OP something about him just feels off other than that he’s no more OP than gargos.

4 Likes

On paper it sounds OP but in practice I’ve had no such difficulty playing against Eyedol players.

1 Like

Maybe we can arrange some matchs later, if you want ^^

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: Windows store not letting me play KI. Eyedol seems so fun :frowning:

1 Like

Eyedol’s power seems to be channeled through his weapon, that’s probably was his “Achilles Heel”.

I just wanna see how many complaint threads come in about Gargos being cheap af in SL.

But in all seriousness, Eyedol is two characters in one, kind of like ARIA with her three bodies. But there’s a tactic I like to call, “Distance and Rush”, this actually screws up Eyedol players, how? I’ll explain.

DISTANCE & RUSH – WITH MAGE

The Mage mode for Eyedol gives him incredible full stage distance with lightning-based attacks, this glows purple so you know when he’s on Mage mode. Use “Rush”, meaning getting in close, this stops him from using far and medium ranged attacks, and stops Eyedol from doing anything, devastating.

DISTANCE & RUSH – BERSERKER

The Berserker mode for Eyedol turns him into a relentless creature with the urge to kill! He’s not the nastiest. Use Distance, meaning use distance ranged attacks to keep Eyedol away from rushing you. If you’re using someone like Sabrewulf, then, you have no choice but to rush as well. Which is a risk to lose the match, if Eyedol is in this mode.

DISTANCE & RUSH – INSTINCT MODE

The Instinct mode for Eyedol, is described by TheKeits being “The God of the game”, and he’s not kidding, He’s literally one of the nastiest characters in the game currently. He gains BOTH modes at the simultaneously for a short amount of time. Distance & Rush will have to be played at the same time, so, good luck with that because I’m on a 50/50 when Eyedol pops instinct.

1 Like

Honestly the only thing that pisses me off about eyedol is that you can’t see or hear what’s going on at all when that full meteor storm kicks in. Really screwed me up a few times.

@xVoidStryderx lol untill u get the meteor overhead ahhahahah :joy:

To my knowledge if all they’re doing is Mage mode, I’m gonna rush right in with a shadow rush in attack and bite their face (faces?) off! lol

personally I play both as Eyedol. I find the secret to playing as him is your own adaptability. You wanna win? you better be use to change.