Eyedol is Unfair

I’ll be sure. Thanks :laughing:

Going against a good Eyedol is interesting. You will need to understand the MU between 2 characters, and maybe at a advantage or disadvantage depending on what the current head is. Pay attention and change your play-style depending on what head is in control.

2 Likes
13 Likes

Fixed that for you.

22 Likes

Oh my goodness! That is amazing!

1 Like

That should go in the meme thread.

1 Like

ty

I wasn’t aware of such a thread. Where is it?

edit: nevermind, found it.

1 Like

PERFECT!!! XD

Can I take this picture for Twitter and Facebook? :smiley:

1 Like

You can do whatever you want with it.

2 Likes

It’s not dirty cheese that makes the vs-Eyedol matchup so hard to crack. As you say, he doesn’t have any of that. It’s that, when he’s warrior, he has the best rushdown in the game. When he’s mage, he has the best zoning in the game.

Warrior: Best Rushdown

1. He has a run
  2. Every move is safe on block (he can’t be punished for throwing normals)
  3. Many moves are plus on block (he has numerous frame trap and block string options)
  4. Long ranged normals
  5. Two different recapture moves
  6. Reversal punishes just about everything
  7. With pips, he can cross you up in the middle of a block string
  8. Fast moves (can’t quantify, but empirically he interrupts just about everything RAAM throws at him)

Mage: Best Zoning

1. Fast moving ranged specials
  2. Ranged low-hitting special
  3. Ranged specials can combo into their selves
  4. Teleport
  5. Command normal 75% screen distance with stagger
  6. Jumping punches have medium range and propel him back (he can retreat!)
  7. Screen control special (meteor) overheads on hit, and ground bounces on air hit
  8. Shadow moves are unavoidable chip damage at best

I’m having a hard time finding a weakness to exploit. If I turtle through warrior to punish the mage transition (seems like the optimal approach with RAAM), Eyedol has more than enough kit to escape me before I can pin him down.

2 Likes

Seeing all these tools, I’m really having a hard time understanding how Gargos beat Eyedol.

Did he perhaps have two minions out and full instinct?

3 Likes

Seems gargos can get stronger absorbing some kind of dark energy.

And don’t forget that normal throw, it can outrange and outspeeds raam’s command throws by far.

Eyedol’s normal throw is faster than 4 frames? I thought the 4-frame throw was a universal design decision?

I dunno, but i every time i try to throw him i get throwed first…

That’s just being too slow in the grab attempt. Eyedol throw is the same speed as every other normal throw. Not sure about his 3P grab though.

And range is the same also? I think they said it was not at the breakdown video.

He does have really good range on his throw, but I don’t think it outranges RAAMs LP Grab. M/H Grab might get outranged, but not LP, I’m almost certain. Like 99%.

EDIT: Does RAAM have throw invincibility on his meterless grabs? I can’t remember, it’s been a little while.

While I agree that Eyedol is very strong I don’t think he’s OP/unfair

1 Like

1 Like