Eyedol is the epitome of devs listening to the fans

Nearly all of the aspects of Eyedols new design and playstyle were suggested by the community, let that sink in. Not only did they hear the outcry and give us a character that many didn’t like, including Ken Lobb, they did so while taking note of exactly what we wanted. Some of the points I can think of off the top of my head:

Design:

Give him a mace instead a club
Make him a medieval fantasy trope (Orc/Ogre)
Give him a split head
Make him armored
Remove the satyr legs

Gameplay:

Make him a stance character
Make each head a different playstyle. Rushdown/zoning etc. for a hybrid character type.
Make one of his heads “sleep” when its inactive
Give the heads different colored eyes
Give each head its own shadow meter, not unlike Maya’s daggers as well as one move that uses both.
Let instinct utilize both heads at once

11 Likes

ONCE AGAIN @TempusChaoti THANK U!!! @developers :wink:

THATS THE first character in S3 whos 100% retro real thank u so much u made my days for longtime guys . once with raam then with eyedol.

A REAL PRO WORK THIS EYEDOL. JUST UNBELIEVEABLE. IM SO SURPRISE .

LLLOOOOOONNNNGGGG LLLLIIIFFFFEEE TTOOOO IIIIIIGGGG!!!

6 Likes

Yea This was a huge thing that the devs follwes through with. There was ALOT of haters as well xD. I wonder… Where are they now?

6 Likes

Oh they’ll be back and in greater numbers too. Just wait till he’s released and see the threads pop up “gargos- I mean eyedol is OP please nerf”.

Yea thats true… Oh my im just glad he is back (which i knew already)

I never cared for his KI1 version and still feel he is inferior to gargos but his new look and gameplay look amazing anyway I’m just glad the fans got their character.

3 Likes

inferior? he’s proably the most OP char in the game…

Lore wise as for gameplay I can see a lot of high level players using him to his highest potential like gargos and aria but because of the two stances most people won’t use him properly so he won’t be that difficult to beat.

yep, this can be too.

1 Like

Honestly, as an honorary member of the hater camp, I feel like this take on Eyedol was made to sate the haters. It just doesn’t seem to stay true to the original character in many regards at all, it seems like this comical abomination character that’s an entertaining joke to be in on. Like with Birdie in SFV, it seems like the intent is to really lean into the grotesque for the fun of it.

If anything, I’m expecting a contingent of the pro-Eyedol camp to break off, because this Eyedol isn’t the serious, stoic badass that those people wanted. Instead it’s kind of a butchery of their childhood.

1 Like

I still don’t like Eyedol and I am still here. I will admit his visuals are cool and a huge portion of the community will be happy with his return, but not me.
It’s OK though, because this character wasn’t made for me, it was made for the rest of the KI fans. And I think I can suck it up if it makes this many people happy.

4 Likes

In a way, we contributed to actual content directly. It makes me so proud of belonging to this community. The game is truly mine, and yours.

2 Likes

Does it bother you that Eyedol fans are mostly happy? That’s a bit sad tbh.

1 Like

I have to say, IG did an awesome job of Eyedol. As I mentioned in a previous post, my expectations were crazy high, so I had a feeling I was gonna be disappointed, but they have really done it!! A huge thank you to IG @developers!

2 Likes

My faith never wavered… I KNEW IT… They never disappoint, will their be decision we don’t like? always, but overall, in the end, they never once disappointed…

2 Likes

It surprises me that Eyedol fans are (apparently?) mostly happy. It doesn’t bother me. I mean, I can’t be happy for them when they’ve acted like spoilt children over Eyedol up until the reveal, but if they don’t end up complaining en masse then that’s a pleasant surprise.

1 Like

I don’t see how Eyedol fans were being spoiled children.

Had the roles been reversed and it was Kim or Tusk that was left to the end of the season with no indication of a return those fans would have been rabidly foaming at the mouth too.

5 Likes

Never liked the original Eyedol, and don’t particularly care for him now. But I just don’t have a particular burning need to go in and complain about every little thing or character that I don’t personally find appealing. Eyedol isn’t for me and I can accept that.

Not everyone is so hostile to contrary opinions as you are friend…

2 Likes

I hate Kim Wu but I simply choose not to play her, more power to the people who do love her.

And I would’ve called them spoilt children, too.

My main issue with the Eyedol camp isn’t that they wanted a thing or that they enthusiastically proclaimed that they wanted said thing, but rather that they got really pissy whenever a dev or someone who just didn’t like Eyedol stated their case. I don’t care if Isgreen was truly feeding you misinformation when he responded to you on the subject – there were plenty of Eyedol fans in those threads just shitting on his every word because they didn’t like what they were hearing, and it was disgusting. All I’m asking for is that you respect the people you disagree with, especially when they’re slaving away at making the goddamn video game.

1 Like