Eyedol Discussion & Poll (unique)

Sarcasm.

It’s one thing to suggest that certain elements are added to appeal to those that like other FG styles, like Aria’s MVC team element to her health bars, It’s another thing to not understand the overall theme that makes a game or franchise what it is and say it all needs to be removed and adopt the theme of another game/franchise. What you’re saying would be the equivalent of saying Halo needs less space marines & aliens and needs more N4zis & WW2 weapons, because that’s what I like about other military FPS games. So to that extent, yeah, if you like WW2 FPS games, you’re not going to find what your looking for digging around Halo. Same goes for KI…it’s not a mixed martial arts game, it’s a monster fighting game. If you’re looking for less monsters & more mixed martial arts characters, you’re barking up the wrong tree.

3 Likes

@Hayabusaslice Honest question for you: Have you played any KI game before this one?

ah eyedol, such a wildcard on what creators will do with u, i still stand by that i want him, only because of two things:

one is the very common “he’s the last legecy character feels kinda wrong to leave him out in there” and i believe that whole heartily. does that make me right and just? hell naw, its just an opinion i share

two, is just curiosity. how will they do it? how will they design to fit THEIR image if they decide to do him? its to quench the thirst of curiosity of how they will design him.

if they have problems then yes i can agree he can be put off or worse, decide not to make him anyways. it leaves a bad taste in my mouth yes, but ultimately if it cant be done to their standards then its watever, i will still support the game and have fun with it.

But that being said, i love some of the suggestions the community has brought up but it irks me that some of the art that is shown did not show a source. i mean I saw agni from Smite and there no mention of that anywhere of where that picture of from. please remember to cite ur pictures for the sake of the artist. and speaking of mobas, i like how no one here ever mentioned Cho gall from warcraft/heroes of the storm. Where a good example of a two headed ogre that has a pretty neat design in my opinion.

So then i suggest this for gameplay, one person keeps mentioning that the two should heads should be represented in the form of a stance like Gen from street fighter. i absolutely adore of that idea. So, Eyedol can have two life bars, the usual for KI but lets give it a boss twist we have seen in Aria, both heads have one bar of life represented for them. A very minor twist but it is something different and can be related to the aesthetic of Eyedol. And obviously we should have more then that, so whichever head is in the lead depends on what normals and specials are on hand. But each head should have a different role on how you play the character like Aria. But unlike Aria who has a different body for different play styles, both stances in Eyedol are zoning. But each had as a different zone to control, one head is mid to close range (could have a grab, it can have the club, etc.) while the other head is mid to far range (in the first one he had a projectile, he can still have it with this idea and could have a very long range normal thats something like Shatter but blockable), but thats just an idea on the top of my head you can criticize on that how ever you like with me and i wont have a problem with it.

Though i wanna mention one thing on the above, along with the switch stance thing above, its not like the other head is gonna be dormant. Like Aria, the other head can assist how ever but, unlike Aria, at a cost of a resource. Think of it like of this, in KOF 99 you had a team of 4 people instead of the team of 3 traditionally seen in most of the games, It’s 3v3 for game play, but the 4th acts as an assist and has limited charges to use them.

When it comes to switching the heads though, on my opinion instead of switching at the end of the combo like how Aria does, he should be able to switch back and forth (with restrictions of course) on each head DURING the combo, something akin to TTT2 where they juggle and switch characters to continue the combo while also safely switching without major repercussions. but you can still switch outside of comboing like Aria, its just not gonna be safe. This could be pretty broken so i dont know about the this suggestion

And instinct, i think he should have 2 instincts, but only one can be active depending on who is the lead head, but thats just watever, i dont know how broken that may be but thats just a suggestion.

Story wise i like the idea of Eyedol being the rival of Gargos, So really, when Gargos has the advantage in winning against our heroes, here comes Eyedol wrecking ■■■■ up on both sides, and then we have some triple threat action over here, lols.

In the end i just love the visual design on Eyedol and i want THEM to come back, and i think they can do something with him if they decide to do so.

1 Like

to be fair hyabusaslice has the right to want a more human charecter. it has been a while since we got a dude bro like jago or tj. i definitly wouldnt mind a ninja chick or something either. from a ronin samurai, to a dual pistol gunplay type guy or maybe even a black knight.

the thing about both beasts and monsters and even regular dude guy is that if there are too many them the special amazement that happens when you see something like that in a fighting game kinda goes away.

Tusk?

Amyway this season we got 3 human characters…Kim, Tusk, and Mira, and honestly, that’s been about the trend KI has been doing each season…3-4 human characters:
Season 1: Jago, Sadira, Thunder, Orchid, Shago(skin)
Season 2: TJ, Maya, Hisako (I’m counting her), Shago (real boy)
Season 3: Kim, Tusk, Mira

And that’s not counting Kan-ra & Cinder who are on the fence.

I understand the want for more of the tropes & styles one might prefer, but insulting the core theme of a game in a bid to add in your own misguided ideas is never a way to win people to your POV, and that is exactly what he was doing.

1 Like

this season had 3 out of potentially 8 but definetly 7 of the charecters that are dudes. i can see why that might be a little bit annoying if you perfer something thats not the majority of the cast

Gargos had the same problem before he was even considered. Now look at him.
though I also wouldn’t mind another new character as long as it’s not a guest.

Indeed, this is most unique roster in the whole FG history. Even games like Tekken, SC and SF’s roster diversity pales in comparison.

1 Like

I could not of said this better myself. @Hayabusaslice if you want cast full of “normal” characters play Tekken and Soul Calibar cause they treat their interesting and exotic characters as mere side-shows. KI’s roster is diverse because weird characters like Eyedol, Gargos, Riptor, Fulogre, etc. I’m all for more females but not at the cost of cutting out more stuff to explore and diverse.

Also @WrathOfFulgore I know you want to count guests, but come on…they’re guests…they’re not even frm the original KI universe? so why the hell should we count them as the monster?..if anything they belong in categories like this:

Monsters: Omen, Aganos, Gargos, Riptor, Fulgore, Sabrewulf, etc.

alein/humanoids: Cinder, Kan-Ra (sorta) ARIA, Glacius , Mira(I put her here because she is a tad generic for a “monster” as a vampire she’s a human with fangs, if she didn’t have fangs I’d throw her in the human category)

Humans: Sadira, Jago, Orchid, Maya, T.J Combo, Tusk, Kim-Wu, etc.

GUESTS:

Arbiter, Rash, General RAAM

because the guests are not part of the KI universe they do not add to the roster or the universe. They’re there to attract fans and likely serve as advertisement for other games. Basically playable commercials.

???

I’ve posted a lot of stuff lately and don’t exactly remember it all, but when did I say I count the guests?

lol. Can you guy stop telling people to go play other fighters, whenever a concern comes up? KI would have never made it past Season 1 with that mindset. I pretty much play all fighting games anyways. BTW Tekken has a panda, kangaroo, bear, and a f***ing tree stump, but they know how to keep that ish to a minimum. What’s interesting is all you guys that want Eyedol, are going to be the first ones complaining, when they change the design on you, and that foo doesn’t have a nose. lol. And with that, I’m gonna come in like. You want a game with a nose? Go play Qbert.

Hayabusaslice, KI its a franchise which always had plenty of monsters and non human characters. Think in it like Darkstalkers. Of course there are humans, but the charm of the game its the diversity of the cast. There are games focused in human characters with some exceptions. Ki its the opposite.

Its ok if you want more humans, but its also ok if someone wants more monsters. You are being a bit agressive against the idea of Eyedol making it, and you have to understand he has fans.

I love each returning character modern design. Never liked Kim in KI2, I like a lot her new design/ gameplay.

I’m sure they will nail Eyedol

1 Like

i think here there are many players that would really enjoy smash bros, since they don’t want a full ki game, with classic chars first, but continue to snivel for fill the eyedol slot in roster with random, casual guests and clones, that can come anyway after eyedol.
go to buy a wiiu, nintendo is in trouble in this moment and needs your support! :wink:

@Hayabusaslice
Well, this game still ahs the most diverse roster. Seriously what other pits a were wolf against a dinosaur? There’s nothing wrong with adding m more humans but they need to be very diverse and not concept that have already been used in some of the human cast. Also, some people thought Tusk, Kim wu, and Maya were dumb in the old KI now some of these people have changed their minds. Also you are pretty quick to make an assumption of this. Ive heard far worse complaints coming Thunder’s redesign.

I think You summed it up pretty good.

Smash Bros is also a great game but I think it needed more unique characters. (besides sword guys)

it is an excellent game for who loves melee/party/casual/chaotic fighting games, but when you have 3 or 4 version for some chars, you know, they can be as different as you want, but the persistent sansation is that the roster is redundant. and the fact the chars come from total different franchises makes the game to have a weak identity.

that’s what would happen if we stuff ki with alternative versions, shadow clones and guests: loose ki and get a generic game with a fluid roster. by now the franchise still has a quite strong identity, for 20 years it’s going on with only those bad designed old chars in ki & ki2, eyedol included, and now it’s time to pay homage bringing all them back, eyedol included. even cause eyedol’s fans have waiting for him enought and are been kid enought too, haters must stay with the fact that there’s a slot in the selection screen that is for him, since they have already had their main back, and don’t break balls please, even cause after eyedol they will have other slots to fill with chars they like the more.

1 Like

@Hyaabusaslice Seems like Tekken’s your big thing since it treats the exotic as side shows. : >

Ki doesn’t keep all that stuff to a minimum, that’s why compared to the likes of Tekken, KI has the most diverse roster. Because it doesn’t treat the strange and exotic as side shows. Tekken however, does. Therefore Tekken is 90% humans and more comparable to SF as far as roster diversity. In KI the creatures are not side-shows. They are part of the main attraction. Which is why Tekken’s roster not as interesting. So it gets pushed down at the lowest level with SF. The story can be summed up easily as some guy from one country, fights another guy from anther country.

To me they don’t have the most attractive set of roster. All things considered I didn’t complain at all when Riptor was revealed, or Cinder, so if anything I’m the least of your issues when it comes to folks wanting someone like Eyedol involved.

I think @Dayv0 said it best. Now could we expect more humans if a season 4 actually happens? obviously. But in KI so long as we get a nice mix, which we already do at the end of it. That’s what makes KI interesting.

As for Eyedol personally I don’t mind what they do with Eyedol but I am interested in seeing what their take on him will be. A fine assumption you make good sir : U

@WrathOfFulgore I apologize I assumed you were gonna count the guests as well.

@SampleVERYBIG Unfortunately that’s true. I admit Smash is great, but holy damn how many of the same FE character can you MAKE!?..As fr KI, I pso long as we don’t ever get anther guest I’m good. If a season 4 does happen I look forward to what they have in store.

2 Likes

You know the funny thing is, the reason why we were not as concerned with designs of Riptor was because we expected her to have a big change. the only suprize to me was that she was augmented with cybernetics. this also happened in the retro which I got over quickly.

Sadly this was one of the reasons I stopped playing tekken. a lot of my favorite characters no longer appeared in the series.

Still diversity is what I’d like to see. If a human character makes it in this season they better bring something new to the table.

1 Like

I agree. As a human characer they have to really ouh to be interesting and uniqe in my book. I’m sure IG can do something interesting out of that.

Actually I tink what miht be cool is if they made Eyedol in a similar vain aethetically as an Indian god, at least in the way he adorns his costume. But either way if Eyedol does make it into the game. KI 2013 will be the firsy offcial game to have the entire cast return. which is noteworthy but wheter that will happen or not remains to be seen.

Why would you make such an offensive statement towards a game that you are supposed to be supporting? For you to call the characters in a game “dumb-@$$” is clearly going to hit a nerve for every KI fan out there who loves and cherishes the game, and create a backlash reaction against you.

his opinion is his opinion. i really like sf and its characters but i will be the first to say the rufus looks uterly stupid and not in a good way. everyone should have the right to say their opinion. he may not have said it in the best of ways but there is no need to drag up that particular arguement/subject again. its definitely not worth arguing over semantics

True, We do not have to agree with him. He may have his own perspective on the roster, but I think diversity is the best thing about KI. I probably would not have remember KI as much had it not been for Riptor , Glacius and Sabrewulf.

that is true, some backlash will occur.@HailFireSpawn is right though.