Exhibition is infested with jerks!

Ooh, that’s a good 1!

…your Steve Rogers to his Tony Stark! :wink:

1 Like

You really are a Galactic Geek. Jk, I understood all your references.

1 Like

Hmm, I’ll have to find a more obscure 1 then…

…your Arthur Dent to his Zaphod Beeblebrox. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

So long and thanks for all the fish :smirk:

1 Like

And we have a winner! Here, have a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - on the house! :cocktail:

Answer me this: What happens when Marvin the robot and a Vogon enter a bar :grey_question:

Hi there, oElleno!

Zenek here, and I’ve got some news for you! I felt the same way for the longest time about Ranked & Exhibition modes, as nothing if more off-putting than having some jerk mouthing off or worse when you just want to maul a robot’s face off as a cybernetic dinosaur.

The good news is that we have the robust fun of Shadow Lab, (all the fun of human-like combat without actual humans!), but my ultimate suggestion? Play more Exhibition mode! Why? Be friendly and conversational when entering a match- If your opponent is cool, it’s an awesome way to break the ice, and I’ve made more than my fair share of KI pals this way.

If someone is acting like a fool, report them (if they are threatening/vulgar/exceptionally salty), block 'em, and move on. Once you’ve built up a core group of KI pals who love werewolves, mummies, & frozen aliens as much as you do, play with them- You’ll have tons of fun that way, and you’ll have pals to enjoy all the cool new stuff that’s coming in Season 3 and beyond with! :sunglasses:

In addition to “toughing it out” to find some true friends on Exhibition, I totally suggest playing a few matches with some of the brilliant people here on the forum, such as @TheNinjaOstrich, @SightlessKombat, and myself! If you’d like to see scientist Sabrewulf go bonkers, send me a friend request to “Master Zenek”, and I’d be more than happy to play soon!

Best of luck to you, and don’t ever stop having fun because of jerks- That’s how the jerks win, and this community is SO much better than that! :rocket:

-Zenek

3 Likes

Lol I get mentioned a lot. But I appreciate it guys! It lets me know that I’m doing what I can to help everyone, and people have taken notice.

And it doesn’t help that my name is pretty much everywhere. Lol

4 Likes

Lol I got the Star Wars reference I can only handle so much science fiction :sweat_smile: I totally get the Galactic Geek in your name now :alien:

omg I totally rmemeber you!! Or was it another Ostrich :flushed: ah who knows too many ostrishes, who would have thunk.

You remember from where? Because You seem familiar now that you said that. :slight_smile:

I was on ranked for the majority of today I think I came across two ostriches I don’t remember TheNinja part though. I just remember one was Jago and the other Orchid/Saberwolf. Familiar? SO help me if you say Ellen Degeneres :facepunch:

LOL No. But yes, I do play Jago. :slight_smile:

It might have been me. Lol

I ran into a Space Ostrich the other day in Halo 5. Any relation? Distant cousins perhaps?

What I do when I meet these people; let them have all the rage in the world especially after you won. Seriously, that’s the only reason I keep voice chat on during matches!

If they keep raging and you win, just leave. Just leave. Have them rage by themselves. And you know they want the runback and you are not giving it.

There was one time where a guy really pissed me off. He won his first match in exhibition by a pixel and proceeds to call me loser and other such names before finally leaving. It pissed me off because I know I could have taken him easily if ONLY he would have given me the chance. He kept me waiting for my rematch only to call me names and ■■■■. That pisses me off. Generally, when they win the first match and immediately leave, it pisses me off.

1 Like

The internet is full of trolls. They don’t care about you and you shouldn’t care about them. Their objective is to make you angry, their words are arbitrary. If someone says you suck the goal is to make you angry not to notify you that you are bad, if you are taking their words at their value and not realizing they want to elicit negativity from you then you are feeding right into them.

To me there are two types of trolls. The kind of people who are just being playful, usually their trolling is not that obnoxious and their objective is to just be goofy not so much to elicit negativity. And the second more common kind are people who want to elicit negativity. If you step back though the 2nd type are people who are sad individuals, they are unhappy and they want to project their unhappiness onto others. A lot of the time they simply want your attention, likely because they don’t get it elsewhere. For these people you should really feel sad for them. Try responding to their aggression with “everything alright man?” Half the time it’ll just make them more angry and the other half of the time it gives them a reality check that they are being a dbag to a stranger and they end up changing their attitude.

1 Like

I think I just heard a door sigh, so I hope you have your trusty towel:

How about, your Captain Mal. to his Wash?

Could be. Us Ostriches are so few nowadays. I had taken up “Ninja-ing” when I was a baby…

1 Like

Look out! Reavers!!! :scream:

Apart from the rather obvious post made by the OP, I cannot help but notice the hilarious side chatter going on off to the side. Lol you guys are stupid :joy: where would I be without you all… oh that’s right, outside.

4 Likes