EVO 2016 Brackets

How many have signed up?

543 I believe? There was a tweet about it somewhere.

That many!? :open_mouth:

Why couldnā€™t we have that many at CEO!? :disappointed:

Because EVO is EVOā€¦itā€™s the biggest FG tournament in the world, period. Even without being a KI World Cup qualifier, itā€™s still the largest game in town. Part of going to it isnā€™t even about the game(s) you play - itā€™s just about seeing the spectacle of it all. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wish I could goā€¦ :cry:

How do you and the others afford to go all of the time?

Well, Iā€™m an aerospace engineer with no children or house or anything like that, and tend to save money over going out all the times. Canā€™t speak for anyone else though.

And EVO will also only be my 3rd tournament ever - so itā€™s not like I do this all the time either. Iā€™d also been planning for EVO since last year, even if I did wind up booking the actual tickets and stuff kind of late in the end.

1 Like

Say wha!? :open_mouth:

Youā€™re a rocket scientist!!!? I had no idea! You certainly didnā€™t look like 1 when I saw you at CEO. You just looked like 1 cool, chill dude. :wink:

ā€¦no wonder youā€™re so methodical and precise in your gameplay movements.

2 Likes

Lol. I havenā€™t worked on space applications in almost a decade, so not really. My brother is though :joy:

And youā€™d be surprised how normal most of us lookā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

In a decade? How old are you?

Turned 29 last week. Iā€™ll well on my way to being middle-aged :smirk::thumbsup:

2 Likes

So, you were doing space applications at the age of 19? Boy, you were already worldā€™s ahead of me back thenā€¦ I was just struggling through college at that age.

Lol. I said ā€œalmostā€ a decade. I did a few internships at NASA is all, so nothing too crazy in all honesty. I was doing intern stuff on satellite programs, so very little heavy-duty design or engineering work.

Donā€™t want to derail the thread any further though - I doubt the whole of the KI forums really needs to know about my work history :-p

2 Likes

I thought it was cool to hear.

And uhā€¦ Something about Evo to pretend Iā€™m on topic.

2 Likes

You do live on planet earth, right? Or is my statement inaccurate?

Storm confirmed to represent Mars.
EVO won by a Martian.

3 Likes

I hope to see some great Thunder play this weekend. I feel as if everyone ditched Thunder for Tusk or Arbiterā€¦ #SoSad

I see Thunders all over the place what are you talking about?

1 Like

Lol. Thatā€™s how I feel. I havenā€™t fought an Arbiter in forever :-p

Iā€™m merely stating what I felt, as opposed to actual fact. Fact is there may very well be a plethora of Thunders as you so say, I just donā€™t see it, hence my stated feelings towards it.

The last few tournaments Iā€™ve checked out, I only remember seeing ShinTristan use Thunder, then he switched to Tusk. Outside of tournaments, I only see randoms in streams, no more GutterMagic streams with Thunder (or maybe Iā€™m missing those, too). IMO I donā€™t see many Thunders. You might, cool :thumbsup: And if thatā€™s truly the case, point me in the right direction. Iā€™ll request good Thunder play please. Until then, I stand by what I said in the previous post.

On a somewhat of a sidenote, I also would like to be surprised and see at least one good Kan-Ra. Itā€™d be amazing if Fubuki 142 went to EVO. His Kan-Ra is truly amazing!

Still smh on why thunder got a meterless Dp. I really donā€™t understand.

Itā€™s his signature move from the original KI. To my knowledge, he also doesnā€™t have a decent AA move aside from that, but I could be wrongā€¦

1 Like