Ed Boon would love to do a KI x MK game

Have any of you seen this?? Man this would be godlike if taken in consideration!! and of course it would only be exclusive to Xbox One (and most likely windows 10)

10 Likes

It’s starting to sound good on paper. Now if it’s executed properly then I will invest in this crossover.

3 Likes

If this would happen, how would the combo system work? Would it take in MKs or KIs? So many questions to take

Killer Instinct gameplay or bust.

10 Likes

It makes me sick that they referred to KI as a Super Smash Bros for X1. Not that I didn’t see it comming or make the crack that they are turning KI into that. The game is KI not MS mascots.

6 Likes

I would love a crossover and push that game to Rated M for gruesome fatalities. Don’t want a repeat of MK vs DC.

Also, KI mechanics over MK.

6 Likes

It is more smash brothers than KI

Saying he’d like to have KI vs MK would be like us asking for ultimates in 2013…

I’d at least welcome their character design team

1 Like

It’s sounding like Ed Boon is wanting it to happen and is openly hoping a MS guy takes word of it. Scorpio launch title, make it happen MS dudes who are reading this. It would be a good way to make it up for SFV and Spiderman.

4 Likes

Yup Phil Spencer sair that they would make up for Street Fighter V… Let’s just hope that Phil is that " MS guy" lol

I think that of course Killer Instinct would have Ultra combos and no mercy while Mortal Kombat would have Brutalities and Fatalities. As far as the combo mechanics, “if possible” have like 2 different systems i’d call it “Killer Kombat system”. (killer for KI kombat for MK) for Killer of course this system would consist of combos, combo breakers, ultra combos. Kombat would consist X-rays, brutalities etc.

Like if a KI character were to fight under the Kombat system they would fight like MK characters no long combos like a typical KI character BUT they would have X-ray moves (imagine thunder or gargos with an x-ray move!!) and still have their no mercy.

Just like if a MK character fight under the Killer system they would fight like KI… combo breaker, shadow counter etc. but instead of ultra combo they could do their brutality and/or fatality.

Think of this system like an “ISM” from SFA3… I think that it may be possible to pull off.

3 Likes

This would be amazing for both the KI and MK scenes. Have MK with normal blocking and combobreakers require meter to quell the issues players have with both those mechanics, and both companies on board with making netcode a priority…

and get Mick Gordon back for the music…OMG this sounds tasty

4 Likes

Its a cool idea and all but if I see this crap on my Facebook feed one more time Im gonna scream. LOL… there are people spreading this nonsense as if it were a real new release and that its actually happening. Come on FB people… its not happening right now… and probably never will.

Cool to discuss what if though! How would it work? Very interesting.

3 Likes

Perhaps the reason why the writer of that article referred to KI as MS’s Smash is because he still thinks Nintendo when he hears about KI…I mean it used to be Nintendo’s baby, so to speak, but Rare got them in the divorce…

Honestly the way guest characters are in KI…calling it MS’s Smash is very inaccurate. If anything, it’d be more like Mortal Kombat or a Capcom vs title, if you wanted an extreme comparison. But Smash? No, not in the slightest. KI’s not a party brawler.

1 Like

lol you’re right BUT the fact that word of mouth got around so quickly can give this idea the push to become a reality.

1 Like

It would be cool no doubt…Im just annoyed with all the FB kids that are posting as if it was the real deal. No one the forums is doing that thank god.

Kung Lao vs Jago! that would be sick!

1 Like

Sub-zero vs Glacius…now there would be a cool match-up

…cwutididthar?..

6 Likes

There should be a death battle of that one of these days

Maybe…I feel like it would be relegated to one of their quick & dirty sprite battles though.

Would be cool to see KI V MK with the KI combo mechanic made by Netherealm while Iron Galaxy works for the next 2-3 years to deliver the next stand alone KI.

1 Like

Which studio would develop it though? NRS/WB would likley allow for a bigger budget and all that comes with that…but MS/IG have that killer gameplay lol