Ed Boon would love to do a KI x MK game

Both studios at the same time, it’ll be really complicated but it’ll work.

Letting NRS take ahold of the reigns could be a bad move. KI has so far been, although an awesome and fun game, not anywhere near AAA polish…Letting NRS be in charge could possibly raise the bar too high for what MS would want to allow KI to have a budget for, and so a sequel would then seem lackluster in comparison.
Also, personally I’d be too worried that KI may lose it’s identity to MK…particularly where gore is concerned. KI has never been about gore…violence yes, but not gore, and that is something I could see creating a damned if you do damned if you don’t situation. If MKvKI had gore but a KI sequel didn’t…there would be a backlash. And as far as MK dropping the gore for KI…well we already know what happened with MKvDC.

1 Like

1-NRS handle the design UI characters costumes alternate costumes stages animations, character viewers/ intros/ select screen & multiplayer modes/ challenges, toys, soundtracks, PROMOTION & release info…

2-MS handle default gameplay mechanics

and we are in business

3 Likes

This is kinda old news, at least for us who follow Mortal Kombat. Ed Boon has always been open to do crossovers with other games. He also would love to do Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat, but Capcom aren’t interested in Mortal Kombat, maybe because they have a deal with Namco atm. Who knows…

KI vs MK would be THE dream crossover for me though! They’re the only two games I’ve ever wanted to see a crossover with, even way back when the first games were out. :3

And to those who say “It can’t work, they are too different, the gameplay just can’t work”… People… they’ll MAKE it work! Don’t worry about it.

1 Like

This is actually the most thought out statement. NetherRealm is pretty much a only AAA dev while KI for the most part will continue to be a second thought to MS. Will be a hard downgrade after watching the high quality NetherRealm would be putting out.

3 Likes

Just dont let the PC port on Boons hands pls.

Some of these comments …

My gawd.

1 Like

Mortal kombat vs killer instinct

Would simply be Killer instinct 1 with Mk characters lol

1 Like

This

1 Like

If Ed Boon & IG are make KI VS MK Crossover it would have to be a Xboxone & Win10 exclusive. which i know its sucks since its not coming to the PS4 but as everyone knows KI and other Rare IP’s belongs to MS.

I wanna see Balrog from SF fight TJ.

I think the best way to make mk v Ki is to come up with a completely new gameplay. Let both companies work together. And if your worried about ki2, Well by that point Ki will be big enough that Microsoft might give them the money to make a AAA game.

I’m not so sure about that. If you mean it’d be KI with no mercys, even back then there was a signicant difference between fatalities and no mercies…they were violent but not gory. And that is the defining difference between KI and MK. And that is the big difference that I honestly feel shouldn’t be muddled. I honestly don’t want KI to become a straight-up MK clone with combos where everybody finishing matches by cutting each others faces off and pulling their internal organs out their buttholes.

2 Likes

Tonge in cheek Mr.

I actually hate mk gore I find it senseless

Id rather KI s3 than ki v mk

I think out of all the videogame crossovers over the years MK vs KI is arguably the one most FG fans have been clamouring for. Ed Boon and Mr Spencer both seem to really like the idea but that’s not really the issue.

The issue would be WB asking themselves “what do we gain out of this” Bearing in mind they care little for systems and characters and such they only care about returns on investments. So clearly there is a lot that KI can gain from the deal, MK is one of the biggest selling FG franchises of all time.

There’s clearly a lot KI can bring to MK in terms of content and systems, however I’m not sure that’s enough for WB to invest

1 Like

I’d have to think that MS would need to pay through the nose to get MK vs KI to happen. I just wonder if it’d be a matter of NRS and IG making the game together, which I’d think would be even more expensive or if MS would just have to pay for the licensing up front and then probably a percentage of the profits on the back end.

It’s nice to see Phil Spencer say that he loves the idea, but would he love it enough to make it a reality? Guessing not.

Man… What if MS signed some deal with NRS and season four’s characters were Scorpion, Sub Zero, Sonya, Kung Lao, Jax, Reptile, Baraka, Goro and Shao Khan? Obviously a different situation than making a unique game and they’d all have to fit with KI controls, so I know this is different than MK vs KI but what if… I have a feeling half the KI fans would be crazy happy while the other half would be crazy pissed lol…

2 Likes

If NRS is making it then it’s gona be MK gameplay. Then after a year (maybe) they will drop support for it. I am not in favor of this.

You can make that happen in soul calibur V’s create a character

And I would love my OCs getting a spot in KI, but much like MKVKI, its not gonna happen anytime soon.