Eagle Trailer revealed

So if I like a trailer it’s because other people like it?

I’m curious.

You do realize that you’re a member of this forum too, so you’re including yourself in all your derisive comments.

It’s pretty clear you don’t enjoy KI. Why are you on this forum? Devoting the amount of energy you do to constantly being negative is… wasteful. Someday you’ll realize that. Hopefully sooner than later.

17 Likes

No, I am alone in this, if me and the other guys share and agree on some opinions it’s all fine and dandy. I don’t need to fit in with everyone for that matter.

I don’t see why any Forum member should be frowned upon for liking a trailer, nor giving IG the respect they’ve earned from said forum member.

The reality is that whether the trailer was good or not is subjective, you and your buddies “dere” may find the trailer to be trash while others think it’s great. I’m indifferent to this trailer, it’s not the best to me but it’s not the worst.

2 Likes

Just the man I want to talk to. I used to enjoy KI. Before the devs (including you) took out some of the good things left by DH like arcade mode for example and turned it into story mode. God knows why you guys did it, but what’s done it’s done. Making these “ultimates” that look a lot more like censored super combo finishers, making no sense of story mode, giving us a very misleading and false cinematic story mode of season known as shadow lords and turning this game more kid friendly.

And with all the respect that you deserve Mr. @TempusChaoti. I think that the negativity is a chain reaction caused by the devs and as a paying customer i have the god given right and the right in the bill of constitution the given right to rant, complain and even review it.

I don’t know if these rights are allowed in this forum, but in the real world it is.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, frankly I’m a KI fanboy and I didn’t particularly like the trailer. However I’m biased because I prefer monster characters and generally find that human ones aren’t as interesting to look at. Kim Wu’s mundane appearance being a prime example of how to completely drain all hype from my body. :stuck_out_tongue:

The difference being that I’m respectful about how I talk in that regard, I’m still looking forward to Eagle because I know a trailer isn’t everything. I think the pacing of the trailer is partially why it isn’t being received as well as others, its very slow. While I respect the use of the native dialect and what the trailer is conveying about Eagle, I personally would have preferred it to be more about the Ultratech side of the situation, how he was used to create Fulgore, how he got that spiffy robot bird, the glacius costume and how he escaped.

That’s just me though, not everyone has as much self control and they just blurt out that they hated it and the game looks crappy, this is the end, la la la la etc, etc.

6 Likes

Well said.

I’m pretty sure rant’s are not allowed on the forums.

And would you rant in real life? In public?

Would you?

1 Like

I have done before.

…I mean I’m not one to judge.

Holy S***…

I can’t…

1 Like

“Freedom of speech” as the constitution defines it only means if you go out in the middle of your local town or wherever the government cannot lock you up for complaining about how the government runs things.
It doesn’t mean you can gripe to your neighbors and they have to sit there and take it.
And it certainly doesn’t mean you can openly rant on a MS-paid forum and sit there and claim they can’t do anything to stop you from doing it.

…to make it clear I’m not getting into this discussion, I just wanted to point out the extent of “Freedom of speech”

2 Likes

Let it out maaaaaaaaannn!

No. I can’t say anything that wouldn’t ruin Father’s day.

1 Like

Oh? PM me

No. Goodbye.

4 Likes

It’s pretty obvious this is what you’ve wanted the entire time, so here goes, you have been acknowledged by a developer.

[quote=“Ravenzorel001, post:126, topic:21220, full:true”]
took out some of the good things left by DH like arcade mode for example and turned it into story mode.[/quote]
Because we changed the way the story mode functioned from S1 to S2? Yes, we went with one ending after we polled players on what they would rather have (more what-if multiple endings or more canon lore) and went with popular vote of more canon endings instead of multiple what-if endings.

Subjective opinion. You can’t censor something that didn’t include objectionable content to begin with, which is what we did with these. I respect that you’d like KI to have an M rating, but we didn’t feel it was necessary, nor do we feel it is now. I’ve explained multiple times before our reasons for doing so. Do a search if you’re so inclined.

This is vague and generalizing. We built a replayable mode that included story for every character, which was well beyond what we did in the earlier seasons. Had we done S3 just like S2, we would have focused exclusively on the S3 characters. I don’t recall us ever “misleading” the community on what SL was going to be. You apparently have some strict ideals as to what encompasses a “story mode” in a fighting game… ok. We didn’t make that for S3, we evolved the story mode in a way that we felt would best serve the solo players out there.

Yeah, just the idea of new, younger players being able to play our game and enjoy it makes me so mad.

You really should read up on the Bill or Rights and the Constitution (they’re separate articles, by the way). This is a private forum, privately run. We can ban you or mute you for whatever reason we want whenever we want. Fortunately, we’re a tolerant bunch, and we enjoy debate, so we don’t kick people unless they get way out of line. Your attacks on other forum members is where you get in trouble.

Don’t like something? Sure, ok. Clearly and respectfully stating your issues? Yep, fine. Attacking other forum members for not sharing your opinion? Nope.

Civility is what keeps you from getting banned here.

31 Likes

I gotta be honest, I rather enjoy being able to play KI with my 4-year-old under foot without having to worry about how it’s affecting him. I can’t even say that about SFV.
Can you imagine the drama if he walked into pre-school yelling “I’ll kick your a$$!!!” in the same tone R.Mika does in her match intro?? :confounded:

3 Likes

You have a point it’s just that sometimes when I’m bored and I’m thinking of my what-ifs. I can’t help but chuckle every time I imagine Jago intro being.

Jago: I’m afraid your a$$ is grass

Or alternatively “I’m afraid your a$$ is mine”

1 Like