Dragon Ball FighterZ

Cell is pretty fun, but I still need to learn how to use him. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am loving this game so much right now :star_struck:

3 Likes

Same thing I told @TheNinjaOstrich this morning. Would love to try and experiment for combos and tech.

2 Likes

Checkers here should keep her coat on

Does anyone feel like the combos in this game are like the same button sequence for almost every character? I have no idea how people are pulling stuff off besides that.

yoo cell is awsome some of his combos are cool looking and frieza? he is alot of fun i like golden frieza lol

1 Like

Man this game is sooo friggin fun! Sā€™no KI doe but thatā€™s ok. I think they really nailed the pick up n play and feel like a badass right away feeling. I played 3 matches b4 looking up the button layout and still had a blast not knowing what I was doing. Once I figured things out the combo flow and supers were like butter! Fav characters so far Buu by a landslide. Really like piccilo and Cell a lot. Gohan and Trunks were fun too.

2 Likes

Gohan feels amazing to play and 18 feels just right as far as a simple/complex balance.

Iā€™m having trouble with Trunks but Iā€™m working on it.

2 Likes

I feel Trunks as a good first character. His feint is great for mixups after a block, and being covered by assists he can open easily his opponents

No he isnā€™t. His specials act very weird compared to other characters.

I donā€™t think he means first as in beginner character. But as a first point charecter. Trunks has a lot of mix up tools to start a combo but not the damage to end a combo like sayā€¦android 16

3 Likes

This.

1-On point: A char who needs assists to develop his optimal gameplay
2-Middle: Good assist, doesnā€™t need assists as much as the on point one. May be a good character without meter, so it can be saved for the anchor
3-Anchor: Good standalone character who doesnā€™t need assists

2 Likes

OK, that makes more sense. I thought you meant easy to learn.

No no, not at all.

Goku, Vegeta or Cell seem easy to learn

18, Piccolo or Trunks seem more difficult to use

1 Like

Is is my difficulty tier list.
Easy tier:

1. Goku
  2. Vegeta
  3. Cell
  4. Frieza
  5. Gohan
    Medium tier:
  6. Piccolo
  7. Android 16
  8. Buu?
    Hard tier:
  9. Trunks
  10. Android 18

This.

Iā€™ve found Trunks relatively straightforward - use his great range to be a problem in neutral. He doesnā€™t get much follow-up from what Iā€™ve found so far, but he does solid damage in general so you can get by with shorter combos and consecutive wins in neutral.

Spent most of my time learning to play 18 on point. Her assist mixups are semi-complicated, but make sense once you get a general feel for calling in 17 mid-pressure string. Hope the servers are fixed for tomorrowā€™s sessionā€¦Iā€™d like to play more opponents online.

1 Like

I would hope that with as much trouble as XBOne owners have had trying to even connect to a match without the game crashing that they would extend the beta period out for another day or two.

3 Likes

I was struggling all night lol.

@ItzTymeToDul kept me company until the sun came out :+1:

The combo system is actually really simple. Itā€™s a little awkward at first, but I caught on fast.

The servers went down a lot for repair so I got to play a ton of matches with various characters.

Android 18 is amazing. Iā€™m already seeing setups and such. I might play her on point.

Freiza is actually one that stood out to me. His long range normals means he can pick up hit confirms and such pretty well. I want to play him more.

Plus, most of his supers involve blowing the planet up, so thatā€™s a bonus lol.

I played Krillin as well. Stubby normals, but Omen-like RNG projectiles and faints makes him amazingly fun.

Piccolo. 'nuff said.

Overall, I enjoyed it immensely!

Iā€™ve never been THIS hype for a fighting game since KI. Iā€™m excited to play more once I get the chance.

3 Likes

Someone confirm for me, because i have yet to play a game against someone else (extremely disappointing) and when i get a team that has Krillin on it, iā€™ve tried to experiment. If youā€™re talking his normal ki blast that can go straight, up or down, i think that double tapping A was the trigger for changing trajectoriesā€¦

• In the air, press A once to fire and tap again to change the trajectory to downward.
  • On the ground, press A once to fire and tap again to change the trajectory to upward.
  • In the air, press A once, let the ki blast go away and you can hit A again to do another ki blast.

Just got home from work. Is the Trial active on XBO, or is everything off until 6pm PST?