Doom4

I kept my alpha as well. Then it got updated into the beta. And now it seems to install the beta again which I find odd.

1 Like

Huhā€¦ That is indeed odd.

1 Like

A$$ MAN is best!

Just played the open beta of DOOM and i have to say iā€¦ LOVED IT!!! the Multiplayer brings back a lot of old memories to Unreal Tournament & Quake and i so glad i pre-ordered this game cannot wait rip the demons limbs off in the Campaign Mode. Tell me if you have played the beta what are your thoughts and opinions on DOOM Beta.

i also played it and i loved it too. its very easy to pick up and lots of fun. long time ago that i had so much fun in a multiplayer game.
the campaign looks pretty great to. i hear one of the devs say thats about 15h long.
and then you have ā€˜snap mapā€™ , where you can create your own maps / modes and its shared cross platform (pc, ps4, xb1).
i think doom gonna be a full package.
thats the way it should be.
(donā€™t like these days a lot of games come out with only multyplayer. star wars, titanfall, evolve,ā€¦ people get bored quickly)

1 Like

Snapmapstream. Skip to 12:50.

Seems like a singleplayerstream is coming tomorrow.

"single-player arrives on 4/27 at 2pm ET. "

A new trailer has been purportedly ā€˜leakedā€™ online.
http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcgamer.com%2Fleaked-doom-trailer-showcases-single-player-action%2F&h=XAQFO8YG4&s=1
And it looks damn good.

Did you see the SP stream @Fwufikins?
IGN have put up a video where they show off an easteregg on the E3 level. (Marty & Hugo is there alongside)
I wonā€™t link it as it is a bit of a spoiler :stuck_out_tongue: I didnā€™t watch it.

I didnā€™t catch either the single player or the snap map streams. Will need to watch the archives.
Still canā€™t believe that after well over a decade, the wait for a new Doom will be over in 2 weeks :heart_eyes:

I really really really hope arachnotrons are in there :fearful:

I saw archviles in the last trailer ā€œleakā€, so thereā€™s another classic monster on the list. Fingers crossed we get big ugly mini-gun spiders too

Arachnotrons are at least more manageable than spider masterminds. It is possible to dodge plasmashots but that chaingunā€¦ ohhh boy :slight_smile:

One of the toughest enemies in Doom 2 imo are the chaingundudes. Easy to kill but the moment they spot you = pain. & when youā€™re low on health those guys are more terrifying than anything in the game ^^

Chaingun enemies are even worse with the Brutal Doom mod. With a realistic rate of fire, when they come in groups it makes the frame rate die. :dizzy_face:

Well that sucks, the leaked trailer is nowhere to be found.

This it?

2 Likes

Yep. Thatā€™d be it.

I seem to unable to get the song Hammerhead by Offspring out of my head. Bang bang it hammers in my head. I wonder why.

So Iā€™m watching the Single Player stream and the options menu is making me moist.
The entire HUD can be enabled/disabled/customized, and thereā€™s a sexy FOV slider EVEN ON CONSOLE
Also, story being a very secondary feature being pushed to the back ground with little to no cutscenes? THANK ā– ā– ā– ā– 

Edit: OKAY REAL TALK
#ULTRA NIGHTMARE MODE
The game is set to the highest difficulty, WITH ONE LIFE
Iā€™m both fascinated and terrified :fearful:

Also this is beautiful

3 Likes

One of the best thing is the toggle to disable the glorykill flashes. They read our feedback!

1 Like