Does KI have the worst behaving pros?

Which video?

There are 2 cool Ki Facebook pages that are chill. But they dont have any of the familiar names that are a part of the main 2 clicks.

Level 50 players only
and
oh crap I cant remember the name of the other one. O’Well LOL Ill find it later.

1 Like

Both of them. I linked the thread.

Would you happen to know if mkx or any other games have had as much change in gameplay as KI?

You seem like you just like to cause trouble, no need to continue. If I shook you up, sorry.

Not really, at least not traditional 2D fighters. KI has been pretty upfront w/ their level of experimentation in regard to consistency of balance adjustments. MKX did have quite a few balance patches, but [I am not well schooled in their balancing history].

Brawlhalla is balanced more frequently, and Rivals of Aether has seen quite a few balance patches, but RoA is still is early access.

I didn’t start a thread calling the behavior of a given class of player into question. I’m sorry if you don’t like my counterpoint, but you, good sir, are the greatest example of poor player behavior I can think of in recent and relevant history.

ALSO: I ERRED IS STATING THE VIDS WERE DELETED - THEY WERE NOT - We just have to give him hits on YT to actually witness his poor sportsmanship. Pretty crafty.

The MKX balance patches were pretty extreme. Characters were gaining new moves and there were huge frame data changes coming every few weeks.

So lets talk about this “poor behavior” because it comes from a couple different places. One is an honest and hard truth, the other is unwarranted.

The unwarranted bad behavior stems from select faces of the community. Players that have done well, and what most scenes do is flock to players that consistently do well and believe almost every word they say. I mean why not? They’re winning consistently and as such they must have some sort of knowledge to be learned. You personally can’t prove them wrong, you can’t beat them/place as well as them (which would be a terrible thing to think as they’re all just players, nothing more). There are players in this community which I feel responsible for letting go on as long as they have. I feel ashamed that there are players that make other players feel this way. These players talk poorly of the game and don’t bring things constructive to the scene. At the same time they often DO bring constructive things. You as players have to be smart about the things others say. If you don’t know any better that is one thing, but be sure to fact check players. Don’t take ONE person’s word for a MU, or how to play, take other perspectives, it helps you grow and you can even help the players grow as well as you bring new ideas to the table.

Now the HONEST truth, is that some of these players are tired. They’re tired of trying to push this community and get essentially spit on for their work. They’re tired of trying to grow other players only to have those players not learn anything, refuse to learn, or not heed advice. They’re tired of being REGULARLY challenged online just so the player can attempt to win and brag about it later. They’re tired of hearing the same nonsense from these types of players regularly. These players try as they might wanted to bring positivity to the community and scene. They love the game, but then also see it fall apart before their eyes. They’re tired of putting in work asking for nothing in return but the growth of the game only for it to be torn to bits. Players will stream training mode to teach certain things an only get 5 viewers, and not just anyone but these PROS you look up to. While someone will stream “Chug for every scrub win” as an extreme example at the same time and will get 200+ viewers. The players you want to be “professional” and nice have been that for quite a LONG time. But they grow tired of being taken advantage of or watching their community complain about the most ludicrous things whether it be a $10 character, pressing down on a dpad, or how “overpowered” rash is. They’re tired of it and have lost hope. They can bring horses to water but can’t force them to drink it. An they’re done watching the horses die of dehydration.

4 Likes

That’s not my fault, I don’t know why that’s happening.

Someone shared one of brandon’s tweets about bass and I replied to them by saying that bass needs to work on his temper, never expecting someone like brandon to reply. So he replied and I explained to him why I said that. Next thing I know, I’m attacked by multiple misinformed people just for voicing my opinion. You should really ask before assuming all those things you said.

@MDMMORNING At this point, you either have something against me or you’re trolling. One last time, desist and move on.

1 Like

Your “opinion” was slander. You were not “attacked,” you were corrected. Maybe some folks went hard.

You should really brush up on the English language and get both your ego and emotions in check before assuming all those things you said.

I’m sorry, I thought this was a discussion thread about poor behavior w/in the KI playerbase.

1 Like

No ego, I simply gave up in that match and bass threw a temper tantrum because I “wasted his time”. I was attacked but I guess you don’t see it that way, not my problem.

No. This thread is about why KI might not be at EVO this year.

Taunting a training dummy that will later claim to be a player of equivalent skill and accuse you of hacking is hardly a tantrum.

From any objective measure, it was you, Vlad, whom threw the tantrum, and that’s what I’m getting at. It’s messed up that as a grown adult you refuse to see and own up to your own reprehensible behavior. If it weren’t a ban-worthy offense I would poll it, because those are apparently a more valuable tool than any amount of explanation or comparison.

1 Like

Bass threw a fit by taunting and tbagging me while I did nothing, anyone who’s smart enough will know that I kept calm while bass demonstrated a bad temper. You can see it in the video.

That one event between bass and I was just us and doesn’t effect the outcome of whether KI is at EVO this year or not, so @MDMMORNING why are you making such a big deal about it?

Back on topic.

But was it anywhere near as many changes as KI has gone through? I remember people saying that CDjr (another great KI player) stopped playing because of the changes to sadira.

You got a point there, sometimes I feel like dropping KI (because of the continuous changes) but I just can’t. It’s a very fun game and dropping it would make me feel like I’m betraying my childhood lol I know it’s crazy.

Anyone who’s smart enough? So now you’ll question the intelligence of those whom disagree w/ your poor sportsmanship, and bad attitude?

If you watch the video, you can actually see Bass’ confusion in how he behaves initially, when he notices you’re not doing anything. It actually takes a while for him to get to the taunting (which happens first), then later the teabagging. At some point you let him know that you’re still there, but won’t do him the courtesy of actually disconnecting.

I’m sorry you lack the mediocre level of intelligence necessary to adequately comprehend the scenario. [quote=“VladKravich, post:58, topic:18186”]
That one event between bass and I was just us
[/quote]

It wasn’t just you two, though, because you chose to make a public spectacle of it. Be a man and accept the outcomes of your own decision.

It’s perfectly on topic. You, a slanderous casual, chose to call out the pro scene on their behavior, and question whether or not that is what will keep us out of EVO.

I, as a regular casual, chose to point out how bloody absurd it is that YOU, VladKravich, of all people, chose to call anyone’s behavior into question, and put forth the notion that it is players like you that make our scene unworthy of the EVO mainstage.

Despite how I, and many others, may feel about this donation-drive ordeal, EVO is still the largest and most prestigious FGC event of the year, and the fact that so much of our playerbase resembles your ilk makes me question whether or not we would just be tarnishing what it is to be EVO mainstage.

1 Like