Does KI have the worst behaving pros?

I’m not taking things personally. Just pointing out that this philosophy is flawed with entitlement and hypocrisy. Constructive conversation is a two-way street; not one where it’s good and healthy (or even possible) for one party to just silently tolerate the incivility of others endlessly. There are definitely times when it’s best to look past bad attitudes, but some lines need to be drawn and expressed.

I don’t agree with how the OP chose to bring up this issue either, but it’s basically fine for people to point out bad behavior when it’s become a bother in the community.

Maybe take the OP’s insight when it points out that bad behavior does our community no favors, instead of complaining about alleged crybabies, as well? Like I said, it’s a two-way street.

It’s fine if you have a grievance with how people are behaving, but bring it up maturely and respectfully. Name-calling and disparaging are bad and block progress, plain and simple. That won’t change no matter how much we wish they were a non-issue, because that’s not and has never been how the world works.

1 Like

yes

for the record I agree. that’s how the world should be. but the reality is that’s a “perfect, philosophical world”. kinda like pie (3.14…)
it’s physically impossible to ever make a perfect circle that is flawless. it Dosent exist. but we can still use that information to better ourselves and stop being gate keepers of “you better not offend anyone”.

only 10 percent of human language is what you say.

@ShellShock520 and @Blacklash93
Both have interesting points but I have to say this:

Shellshock, that’s the funny thing, I mean it’s good you wanna show your full on ideas on what your mind is, but we sadly don’t live in an age were people will listen to you if you feel insulted, you’ll just be shouting in the dark.

Balancing your views and discussing it without resorting to insults doesn’t mean your not “sugar coating it” it means you’re willing to express yourself but show enough reserve not to push people away. Even SJWs show little to no restraint in their words and as a result still manage to offend some people : p

World’s not perfect, but it doesn’t mean we get to act bad because of it.

As for you Blacklash93 while it’s ok to be bothered by the community if you don’t do your part to show the better side of the community you wouldn’t be any better than those who do act out obnoxiously.

Unfortunately I can agree with some people that I’m not super optimistic about some of the pros we have representing us. So we should promote the pros who do represent our community in a more positive light.

OH anyone else notice that between seasons we get more negativity than anything else? lol.

1 Like

@ShellShock520 and @Blacklash93
We should be more civil for sure, considering we would end up following the Halo Community’s example, and they are some of the most toxic communities ever known.

If we want to maintain some mroe civil and positive things we need to keep a cool head. I know some of you thing the differences are very narrow between being civil and sugar coating is narrow. But someone could take that and say the same thing about be incivil and entitlement.

Indeed, from the video responding over Acid Glow’s issues with the game, to this stuff now. I do fear for this community, last thing we need is for it to be like the Halo community I mentioned.

In this scenario, it’s sorta dumb to be defending himself instead of just issuing a public apology, like he should have done months ago. It’s really not a big deal, I just like explaining the broader implications of their behavior.

He deleted the original accusation to protect his rep, for whatever reason, as if there was some sort of reputation to uphold. It does live on in quotes throughout, however. You can also probably dig up some of it on Twitter, cuz he ran to tattle to Brandon as if Brandon were Bass’ boss or something.

Let’s pretend Bass works in a market. Vlad approached Bass and asked for directions to the berries. Bass gave precise directions to the berries, and provided some extra info by letting Vlad know that berries were on sale this week, buy one get one free. Vlad then asked for directions to the nearest Taco Bell. Bass gave those directions as well, sure, no harm in that. Then Vlad asks why the sky is blue. Bass stammers, and can’t keep the annoyance out of his voice. Vlad stares at him, wide eyed, tapping his foot. Bass is obviously annoyed, and Vlad has picked up on it. After the conversation, Vlad is so upset at the annoyance in Bass’ voice that he gets on the PA and announces to the store that Bass is stealing. Then, he goes hunting around the store until he finds Bass’ department manager to let the manager know that Bass’ got annoyed at the drawn out series of irrelevant questions.

The Vlad scenario was actually months ago, but it really stood out to me. I dunno why, none of this means anything in the long run, and in ten years when the servers are no longer kept we’ll all be playing something else, if we still play FG’s at all.

The FreddyMac/Toneri thing was Toneri laughing it off on Twitter, no harm no foul because the accuser is generally accepted to be a scrub of the utmost and a bloody idiot.

The Vlad/Bass thing was at least two separate instances of open accusation and weak campaign against a players behavior. Why the general wisdom isn’t just “ignore this one too” is sorta beyond me, but insofar as I can see the only difference between Vlad and FreddyMac is one posts on the forums.

It is interesting to note that if you compare our scrubs to the scrubs of any other microcosm of the FGC (SRK or Dustloop, for example), we have some next-level scrubs. Like gamma-powered fire-breathing hulkamania scrubs. Our scrubs blew out the bottom of the barrel of the FGC, and tunneled thru concrete, dirt, bedrock, and eventually the water table itself to achieve their epic scrubdom. They are truly a sight to behold.

I have never beheld a group so absolutely dedicated to NOT improving.

2 Likes

yea, separate the curds and the whey mentality. grab valuable input and disregard the rest. why we impose our moral compass on others is beyond me. social acceptance is a constant moving target and I just embrace the “f the world” type of mental, but of course while trying to be logical.

people not wanting to better themselves? I’m totally guilty of that gameplay wise. I adapt but I take a lot of risk. to be fair tho, playing a safe game is boring to me. honestly, I’d rather loose and have fun.

1 Like

That’s very true, as so many people have left because of this. But if I, a player between casual and pro, can adjust then I’m sure those same people who left could have adjusted as well. There are certain things in KI that didn’t have to change.

Bass threw a temper tantrum just because I stopped playing and brandon jumped on me afterwards. Nothing has been deleted and this is behind me now.

You deleted the post in which you accused Bass of “hacking” (which, in the real world, is technically libel, but that’s none of my business). Evidence of the post is available throughout the remainder of the thread, so why you are lying now is beyond me.

Disrespecting you in-game because of your display of poor sportsmanship is not the same as a tantrum. You got “jumped on” - which was really just publically reprimanded - because you willingly (if ignorantly) slandered a sponsored player, and then tried to tattle on that player to his sponsor. Instead of being a time-sink, the more sporting thing to do would have been to just unplug. Either way, you’re a ragequitter, so why fxck around and waste his time, y’know? Is that how you RQ every time?

It is players like you and behavior like yours, moreover that you refuse to own it, that make us trash. Disrespect is one thing, dishonesty is quite another.

Hilariously, you’ve deleted the videos of your poor sportsmanship. C’mon man, have you no integrity whatsoever? Not even a little tiny bit?

Don’t be a liar, Vlad.

1 Like

OP, you sound like you’re talking about the KI facebook group. i quit posting and following it for a reason. one guy asks for advice, or vents frustration and he will get ripped apart.

3 Likes

facebook is a mistake in general.

4 Likes

Theres this one dude back in the olden days named Sisyphus…Something about pushing a boulder up a hill only for it to roll back down again before he reached the top. Drove him crazy.

3 Likes

Which video?

There are 2 cool Ki Facebook pages that are chill. But they dont have any of the familiar names that are a part of the main 2 clicks.

Level 50 players only
and…oh crap I cant remember the name of the other one. O’Well LOL Ill find it later.

1 Like

Both of them. I linked the thread.

Would you happen to know if mkx or any other games have had as much change in gameplay as KI?

You seem like you just like to cause trouble, no need to continue. If I shook you up, sorry.

Not really, at least not traditional 2D fighters. KI has been pretty upfront w/ their level of experimentation in regard to consistency of balance adjustments. MKX did have quite a few balance patches, but [I am not well schooled in their balancing history].

Brawlhalla is balanced more frequently, and Rivals of Aether has seen quite a few balance patches, but RoA is still is early access.

I didn’t start a thread calling the behavior of a given class of player into question. I’m sorry if you don’t like my counterpoint, but you, good sir, are the greatest example of poor player behavior I can think of in recent and relevant history.

ALSO: I ERRED IS STATING THE VIDS WERE DELETED - THEY WERE NOT - We just have to give him hits on YT to actually witness his poor sportsmanship. Pretty crafty.

The MKX balance patches were pretty extreme. Characters were gaining new moves and there were huge frame data changes coming every few weeks.