Do you use a Fight Stick, Fight Pad, or controller?

I saw you playing on the HB at the tourney. I’m like… there’s no directional stick!!! Brings back memories of playing MK3 on PC. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thats what they call Hitbox Controllers… GLORIFIED KEYBOARDS !!!

Controller. Always.

Oh man I’m so jealous of this dude right now… I would literally Sell my body for them Shoryukens !!! And those Dashes :smile: !!!

If we could only get a Sega Saturn style controller (the Japanese version) for the Xbox One. Just give some thought is all I’m saying.

1 Like

I know this is old and I likely replied already buuuut

I still use the bog standard Xbone White controller.

I commend your Bravery and Dedication…

So I finally got my PS4 Fightpad working in KI… I know I’m making it sound difficult but really I was just being lazy… it took less than 5 minutes and I ran into zero hiccups.

Any now that I got all six buttons within my thumbs reach… Is Right Stick Assist Just Stronger, Better, Faster ? Because I genuinely feel like it is… six Face Buttons just aren’t giving me any advantage at all… don’t get me wrong… I’m not complaining. I just found it pleasantly Freaky.

Thoughts ?

1 Like

I like the 6-button pad idea (Sega Genesis pad was my fave). But if the one you mentioned is for PS then I can’t tell. I find their buttons position and distances very uncomfortable (same as their standard D-pad for general fighters executions).

Before using my own fightstick the only reason I used the right stick was for throwing and ultra enders (because I mapped lights to both triggers and it’s not the best, but that’s the way I used to play KI in SNES, never cared much about light buttons).
My execution in X1 pad was far from being as good as now but decent eitherway. I still can miss inputs with stick

1 Like

This is it… I don’t know if you remember but this pad had such a horrendus start when it first came out… the D-Pad would miss diagonal inputs and the face buttons would get stuck in the socket sometimes.

6b4288ad427f3f8402f94f7270532e74

It was later revised and rereleased with a new D-Pad and thats the one I’m using now… no issues… other than the aforementioned lack of advantage.

Because I got the game on steam… I had the (dis)pleasure of playing it with a 360 Controller… lol… it never occured to me just how stiff and rigid the buttons were until I got my fight pad… definitely alleviated some of my thumb pain. I can’t say if it improved execution because… well… this is KI… not KOF, execution wasn’t a throbbing pain in the ■■■ so it was straight to the game play instead of stuck on combo trials. I saw some mild improvement in SFV, particularly with DPs and Charge moves… but my good old fireballs and Dive Kicks are just less consistent for some reason. Apparently I’m not getting off the Diagonal and into the Left/Right input fast enough so I just get crouching punches all day.

I still use a controller, been used to that configuration from back when I had an SNES. Also, given that I play on my laptop, usually in bed, a controller is suited more for my situation. I would really like to get set up with an fight stick though. I don’t know how easy it would be to transition since it has been over 20 years since I’ve used an arcade stick, but he idea of it sounds fun. The price tag I’ve seen associated with them, not quite so much.

1 Like

You could assemble one from scratch… it might be cheaper…