Devil May Cry 5

I just wish they’d give me a reason to use something other than the classic Ebony/Ivory/Rebellion combo. All the other weapons I got were just too slow, imo.

I didn’t think so. Balrog and Faust in particular were amazing. And I haven’t messed much with Cerberus, but it seemed pretty dang good too.

I can’t even remember The names for most of them I used them so little. They all just move so slowly I’m constantly getting hit out of combos.

Game of the Year

4 Likes

Any confirmed news for DLC? I don’t want to believe that Bloody Palace is the only thing we’re getting. At least the reboot gave us Vergil story DLC.

1 Like

The scene with Lady and Trish at the end might have been a hint about something with them later. I think we’ll either get DLC or a DMC5 Special Edition at some point in the future, with Vergil being inevitable as part of it.

2 Likes

So…

Pretty excited that DMC is making its way to a portable system, even if this should have been the trilogy collection right off the bat.

2 Likes

I know right. DmC 1 is easily my least favorite too. Too much like RE.

I try to get into DMC V combo videos, I made this, is it respectable?

2 Likes

Very impressive.

Yeah it’s weird, it also means they’ll have to make DMC2 and DMC3SE as part of a bundle (because no one will buy DMC2 otherwise).

At least it’s not DMC2, that game is a bunch of good ideas and literally nothing else. Pretty much “wasted potential” the game.

They’d be stupid to waste money porting DMC2.

Yesn’t.

Because on one hand you’re right, the game sucks and even Itsuno publicly admits it. At the same time, they in their infinite wisdom decided to decouple the DMC Trilogy making it so Switch owners have to buy DMC1 and DMC3 (aka the good ones) separately (and probably charge more for them). Unlike the PS4, XB1, and modern PC releases where one price tag gets you all of the games in one bundle.

I’m not saying people should care about the few good ideas in DMC2 (because DMC3 did them all way better) but this doesn’t feel like a good deal for people who want to play the DMC games on the Switch. But then again Nintendo has a habit of charging more for games ported to their system anyways, so what do I know.

1 Like

Hey… did any of you guys Remap your Button Layout ?

I found out you can charge Blue Rose whilest doing other stuff just like in DMC 4… a feature I never used before.
So for the new game I figured it would be the best time to learn…
I shuffled my buttons around so I could charge Blue Rose with the Right Trigger…

Actually I shuffled around more than that
I lock on with Left Trigger
Exceed with Right Bumper
Shoot With Right Trigger
And Break Away With X

In theory with this setup up I can do everything except Rev The Sword whilest simultaneously charging Blue Rose… which was an issue in DMC because I used Red Queen’s Exceed (Revving the Sword after attacking) quite abit…

A big improvement in DMC 5 is that You no longer need to hold the button down forever to Keep Blue Rose Charged… meaning if I want to charge blue Rose whilest Im attacking with the sword… I’l only need to give up The Exceed Mechanic for 3 Seconds rather than not use it at all… after 3 Seconds Blue Rose will have 3 Charged Shots ready to go whenever I need them… useful during the Artemis Fight if you wanted keep momentum…

Still though… having logged so many hours in DMC 4’s Default control layout im finding it hard to adjust…

Probably just need to unlearn how I play. Its hilarious when I try to lock on only to rev my Sword and Break Away when I want to shoot (lost so many Breakers this way)

In any case… figure I would ask if any one else shuffled their buttons around…

For Nero my Gun button went onto right trigger. Thr move you mentioned is called coloir up, the one when you have 3 better bullets, you will obtain proper charge shot later in the game.

For V I have both summons on triggers, book on triangle.

Dante remains exact same

1 Like

Nice…
I made one small change to my Lay Out… I moved my Exceed From The Bumper to The X face button… with that setup up I can Colour Up whilest simultaneously Revving Red Queen in combos…

As for Dante and V well I wanted some consistency across all the characters so I changed the Lock On and Gun Attack for them too similar to Nero…

V is especially problematic not just because of the controls but his Familiars feel… Sluggish… the problem is especially bad with Shadow because something about his behavior will cause him to ignore my Inputs all together… he teleports randomly and I havent pin pointed why or what causes it… so every now and then I’l charge up hedgehog… then release it… only for him to just wander around… like he wants a treat.

Oh well… I’l deal with that in the Void… For now I just need to make it past the story…

This was the first thing I did after playing a couple of missions trying to charge the gun and attack with the default scheme. Its basically the top tip any one offers when playing DMC5. Didn’t need to change anything aside from that.

I’ll just take this post as an opportunity to lament the fact that we just got a really good game and nothing added to it. In a day and age where everyone is trying to add things with season passes and keep player retention high, DMC5 released to incredible reviews in March, brought out Bloody Palace in April and then poof. Nothing. No story expansions, no co-op mode, no skins like MHW did, just nothing. While I love the game and series to no end, it feels a little hollow to me because of that. Even DmC got a Vergil expansion, man!

2 Likes

Maybe game is so good and so rich that it doesn’t need it.

1 Like