Definitive Edition PC Release and *The Legend of Thunder* FREE Costume Pack

Good catch there man!

1 Like

Hopefully they do another textual stream soon because I have some questions about this ā€œcostumeā€ or accessory set, whichever it is.

I hope his hair is like that on top!

This lookā€™s Dope!

If its a complelty seperate alternate costume entirely, hopefully itā€™ll include itā€™s own set of accessories.

(cough, KI1 mowhawk, cough)

Iā€™m sorta hoping its an accessory set, as amazing as this new costume is, its very close thematically to Thunderā€™s default for obvious reasons. I mean they consulted with the tribe to make his default authentic, now we have another even more authentic look for him. Having two costumes with the exact same theme seems like a waste of a costume, so hopefully its an accessory kit.

1 Like

this is not retro thunder, idk why shut up. where is a good retro thunder? nowher. so i speak.

I agree I hope they do that to I donā€™t care if they donā€™t add the rest of his original outfit if we get just the white Feathered mowhawk ill be happy

Ummm no because it may be a cool new alternate Costume its still not a true Retro and its not having a True Retro that looks like his Classic is why people give him hate for it endless this costume has Accessories that looks like it it still wont make up for it.

I think a lot of people are missing the point of this costume. The article states that the dev team wanted to create the most authentic Nez Pierce warrior they could with this new costume, even more so than his default design. Any similarities to KI1 Thunder are purely coincidental.

How do we know they arenā€™t making it like KI1 Thunder? Because they specifically said that they would never do that. Flat out. No ifs, ands, or buts.

8 Likes

Maybe not exactly, but Adam did say at one point that Thunderā€™s default outfit came from the dev team basically showing their Nez Pierce reps the classic KI Thunder and them taking each part of his design and coming up with the NP equivalent. All parties know where Thunder comes from. I donā€™t think it would be a stretch to say they went back to the NP tribe and told them there were a lot of fans that werenā€™t happy with Thunderā€™s retro so they would like to collaborate and find something that was a little closer to his classic design while still not being insensitive.

1 Like

ā€œWe will never create Thunderā€™s original costumeā€

Actually I just remembered something, it IS technically possible to have his classic costume in the game, but you just need to customize Retro Thunder with specific accessories in order to get it.

I present to you, the closest weā€™ll ever see of Killer Instinct 1 Thunder.

Head - Mechanic Set
Body - Miner Set
Axes - Outlaw Set

Granted its a bit of a stretch, but at least he still has the mowhawk and twin axes.

5 Likes

ā€¦iā€™m still hoping in a modders community. itā€™s a shame they blocked every kind of mod, cause thay fear what modders can do fixing their pathetic retros like thunder, maya, gargos, tusk and, the worst, riptor.

Yeah weā€™ve all tried to make retro Thunder look like Chief Thunder but sadly its nowhere near close enough.

1 Like

Iā€™ll admit, it does look more like someone trying to cosplay as Chief Thunder, rather than the actual design from the original arcade game, but as a substitute, I think it does the job.

They could have at least gave him camo pants and the huge belt buckle, from my understanding the only thing ā€œoffensiveā€ about his retro look was the feather mohawk.

But I donā€™t want to derail this thread, so if you wanna talk more about it shoot me a private message.

1 Like

But his retro color 3 does have camo pants.

1 Like

His retro does have a camo pants option, though! And while he doesnā€™t have a belt, the lining of his pants almost makes it look like he has 1. :wink:

EDIT: Damnit, @REYNOSOFUA11!

1 Like

Close enough for me! I have mine set to Camo pant thoughā€¦ I have this set as my KI classic Thunder, #1 spot!

True enough, there are camo pants but no epic belt buckle of doom.

Its amazing how a belt buckle, some body paint and a different mohawk could completely fix his hideous retro.

Still really looking forward to this new ā€œcostumeā€ though.