Definitive Edition PC Release and *The Legend of Thunder* FREE Costume Pack

oh. translating one costume release into a full blown redo of the entire roster isn’t overblown hype at all…:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Let’s agree to disagree and leave it there

1 Like

…looks ok, but can’t see the top of his head. Does he have a mohawk? I must know!!! :fearful:

…if not, eh, it still looks awesome. :sunglasses:

dig the new costume tho. thunders OG outfit had crushed blacks in his hair and war paint. good choice for a makeover.

That really does look like a big red Mohawk.

The new costume looks siiiick!

1 Like
7 Likes

I’m ready for the stream!!

4 Likes

wonderful, just bought the game on PC. well what a wait but finally it’s there.

This is awesome because it will be like another “classic” costume.

Discussion of “leaked” content is not allowed, real or fake.

2 Likes

So it’s exclusive to the pc version of the definitive edition?

No everyone will get for free if you have thunder.

The Nez Perce have a saying “You are who you take care of” and the entire Killer Instinct team takes this to heart – we believe in taking care of our community, our fans, and the people that help us make Killer Instinct the awesome game it is. The Legend of Thunder costume will be released on Wednesday, Dec. 21 for all Killer Instinct players for free.* It’s our gift to you, the fans, and to the Children of the Coyote for everything they have given to us.

6 Likes

Yep. Totally dusting off my Thunder.

here we go my friends! There’s no big reason for season 4 either.

damn…no options to upgrade to the definitive edition

That’s a painting done by the hero art person hmmm

Really love what they did here, awesome resemblance to the Nez Perce tribe also I’m fairly certain they used Chief Joseph as inspiration for Thunder’s new design.

Not to mention the brass pipe tomahawk is spot on.

Bravo for keeping in touch with the Nez Perce tribe and redesigning an alternative costume for Thunder that represents their image.

7 Likes

Well that’s a shock, makes up for his hideous retro and opens up the game for additional costumes later on I’d say. Even if I’m not a huge fan of the costume (its a little to similar to the theme of his default for obvious reasons), its an amazing step in the right direction for KI and its DLC. I wonder if it’ll have accessories and its own set of colors, or if it’ll be an accessory kit itself for the current Thunder costume? I know there’s been a lot of confusion with terminology lately, colors and “skins” so is this actually a “costume” or an accessory set?

Oh and the wording in the article here on the forums needs to be changed.

The Definitive Edition packs up ALL the content we’ve ever released – every character, stage, costume, color, trailers and tracks – and puts it all into one box of awesome goodness.

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t contain all of the content ever released, there are still things like the additional colors from the toy line and the newly released gold & terror skins. Might wind up making some people on PC very angry if they buy the Definitive edition thinking it has everything only to find out it doesn’t and the wording led them to believe it did…

1 Like

Not going to lie, I originally thought this was going to be an Eagle costume for Thunder.

Then again “Legend of Thunder” wonder what exactly that could be referring to…

Well, you really can’t tell from the pic, because you can’t see the top of his head, but I’m hoping they managed to find a headdress design that is more in line with Thunder’s classic KI1 design.

And if not, eh, it still looks cool.

4 Likes