Dead or Alive 6!

Indeed. :smile:

Iā€™m playing Rig on PS4 and stuff like this is happening.

Marie Rose also plays very cool in this game. I liked her moveset in 5LR to be honest and she is still one of the cooler characters in terms of her fighting style. Been doing some combo practice with her.

I havenā€™t played her yet. I want to try her. Thereā€™s a lot of people I want to try but I donā€™t know whoā€™s gonna fit my style.

If I were you, I would start by just picking a character based on their fighting styles alone. Thatā€™s how I settled on Rig and Taekwondo. I ended up enjoying him more than the character I was maining already.

1 Like

Finally caught the VOD from Final Round. Game is definitely a lot of fun to watch; I hope it actually gets played on the tournament circuit.

I liked Kokoro due to her Baji Quan style. I play Leo in Tekken as well which are similar. Maybe Iā€™ll play her too.

I have the Core Fighters version and I was surprised how much of the game is FTP.

You get:

Story (well one fight at least)
Arcade
VS Cpu or local
Quest
Training
Command training
Combo challenge
Tutorial

And each characters tutorial to top it off.

Plus you get classic music unlocks (Iā€™ve heard tunes from DOA4 and the first game so far)

To be honest for a FTP game you get a load of content, however the costume unlocks are silly and obviously put there to take up your time.

1 Like

Did you not play 5ā€™s Core Fighters? All of that was included there as well, but I think you could buy the music there with real money. In this game, you can only unlock the music by leveling up the characters which only really works for the people that you have. Youā€™d have to play a looot of Quests to unlock more songs for the others.

Still at work, meaning I will miss the DoA offline tournament pools at Red Bull premises. But there are casual matches ongoing so probably join for a few matches if I can make it.

Asked around about the new characters.
Everybody hates Nico and Diegoā€¦ apparently they have crazy reach and are quite deceptive. :joy:

1 Like

So this DOA 6 event goes from noon to 6am the next morning. Currently itā€™s almost 9pm and there are 50 people who showed up. Nice atmosphere too. Very relaxing.

1 Like

Nice. Any stream or anything I can watch?

Unfortunately theyā€™re not streaming itā€¦

Yeah, I didnā€™t see anything on Twitch so figured thatā€™d be the case. I still think DOA6 is super entertaining to watch; genuinely hope it has an active tournament scene so that we can see more of it.

Thatā€™s awesome man. I hope you have a great time.

Itā€™s official

3 Likes

New update is out 1.05.

Also they reached 1 million downloads of their free Core Values versionā€¦ I mean, Core Fighters version.

1 Like

Unfortunately, with Kula Diamond, this game has taken another step away from hand-to-hand combat. I would have preferred any other SNK character as long as it fits the spirit of the game. But with Nyotengu, Nico previously and now Kula, I feel a lot of characters with ambiguous moves have been introduced. Been enjoying watching DoA but not so much playing it these days. It was the last game without too much flash getting in the way of solid mechanics.
Glad MK11 is such fun, but I have my money on SamSho for multiplayer. Hope it turns out wellā€¦

Iā€™m honestly disappointed, I was expecting Leona or Blue Mary as the other SNK guest. But theyā€™ve only revealed 2 DLC characters, maybe weā€™ll get more in the future.

Also looking at the trailer it really seems they want to go the Tekken route of having unconventional characters now. Main problem is Tekken took years doing that stuff and making it work, I donā€™t see Team Ninja having the same chance of success.