Cuphead

Or a new Mega Man X or heck even a new Maverick Hunter X :wink: :grin:

1 Like

what a mind @#$%

But I do agree, cuphead is amazing. Difficult, but amazing.

Just finished the game and recorded it.

It actually wasnā€™t as hard as I thought it would be. Hard, yes, but Iā€™ve done worse.

Middle fingers The Kid

The King Dice theme is friggin phenomenal though, gotta say

2 Likes

Itā€™s hard but itā€™s not as hard as most old games, just because it lets you keep repeating the bosses over and over. But the individual skill challenges are pretty good difficulty . Iā€™m still only about halfway through.

OK, so, thereā€™s actually a Black and White filter you can unlock. I got it but itā€™s a pain.

@JEFFRON27 and I are on the last boss of the city world (not the final boss)

How did you unlocked it?

You have to beat all 6 Run & Gun levelsā€¦

ā€¦get ready for itā€¦

without shooting your gun.

Then go talk to the turtle in Inkwell Isle 3.

Sounds hard? It is. It took me about an hour and a half.

3 Likes

Thank you for telling meā€¦

Will you unlock whole Cuphead achievements or nah?

lol no

Donā€™t the run and gun levels have mini bosses at the end of them? How did you get past them?

Run past them. Sometimes I was forced to take a hit or use invincibility super (you can parry) to do so it seemed.

If you do it right you will get a ā€œPā€ rank.

I hate that kind of stuff. Why lock cool features behind tasks that are so annoying that no one will want to even play the game anymore once they are completed? And I always hate it when they make you play in a way that clearly the game wasnā€™t designed for.

1 Like

Itā€™s a somewhat cool challenge and also teaches people some speedrunning tricks. Itā€™s just that it requires such specific planning and little room for error that itā€™s almost harder than the gameā€™s main challenges.

WOW! only an hour and a half. Jeff and I arnā€™t even done with isle 3

1 Like

I wasnā€™t exactly counting so I couldā€™ve been generous. I know I didnā€™t spend more than 2 hours.

Glad to hear that people are liking this game. Another one I definitely need to check out, for sure. Love the aesthetic, and having something like this be couch co-op is even better, even if itā€™s a bit distracting (or so Iā€™ve heard / read). I guess thatā€™s kinda supposed to be the trade-off? More help, but more stuff going on because of it?

Iā€™ve really only played with a nine year old as my wingman so itā€™s tough to say how much itā€™s truly more difficult. But there is undoubtedly a lot going on. There is an ā€œeasierā€ mode that you can use to play the game. You canā€™t unlock the ending this way but if you want to experience the cool animations with a less skilled friend or a child Iā€™m guessing this is the way to go.

1 Like

Yeah, that might be the way Iā€™ll have to go. I donā€™t mind a challenge, but my ladyā€™s not much for tearing her hair out when playing a game lol.

Iā€™m trying to contextualize the ā€œchallengeā€ factor for this game. Yeah, itā€™s got a skill threshold. But really itā€™s about playing through a few times, identifying the patterns and then executing well enough to not get killed before you take out the boss. For the type of game that it is, I feel like if it was any easier it would be a bit of a letdown. But you have to be willing to play the same (short) board 10-20 or 30 times in a row to get it right. When you finally beat a boss itā€™s 2-3 minutes total. If the ā€œparryā€ move was a bit more consistent and predictable to control it would be almost a frustration free game.

So yeah, itā€™s hard. But itā€™s not ā€œold schoolā€ hard and itā€™s not hard like trying to teach a newcomer how fighting games work.

1 Like