Crazy...allowing a character like Gargos

swordsman… wtf. How is laser sword opener a viable open being zoned full screen?

Isn’t everybody an armchair player?

4 Likes

I don’t feel embarressed at all. I’ve countered everything you all have said with actual move mechanics, and almost all of you have resorted to low level insulting me. That certainly helps my case.

And troll confirmed. Time to let the thread die.

6 Likes

I’m not allowed to insult or else I get banned. So yeah.

Not any more than I have.

Well, we can already tell you’re not going to listen to nice replies after your post, so why not try and convince you through taking reality and handing it straight to you?

Now, if would kindly ask us here for advice, maybe you may get more communicative and sympathetic responses.

Gargos can zone with Portal punches for some damage. Shadow fireball does way more though. You don’t need to do an opener. If a shadow fireball hits, Jago has a lot of time to close the distance where Gargos has a bad defense.

With what? What you told me to do was physically impossible which completely renders all your advice pointless.

Point considered… please consider that Jago builds shadow on the strength of using his own fireball which is practically impossible in this situation

He also builds meter by blocking like most of the cast.

1 Like

It’s lines like this that are the reason I’m not taking you more seriously.

You do realize you can just jab the minions, right? Gargos is -10 on portal punch, so you can often get a shot in before he can punch you again. Minions have a somewhat predictable timer on when they decide to attack you. Study up.

I’m sure that you’ll find this advice to be “useless” and “physically impossible” as well.

5 Likes

I said something similar about the election today…

And no, I have nothing to add. I’m just posting here to come back and watch this fustercluck later.

3 Likes

I voiced my opinion. The response was underwhelming. It’s frustrating, nevertheless I feel vindicated.

I also feel like we got away from all of his other offense. Does everyone really think its fair on top of having minions that don’t self-destruct, that he has invincible armor that cannot be pierced? I mean, when you’re in close battle, both humping the lines of danger and he pops instinct, what practical chance do you have? If you don’t have any shadow you’re completely toast, there is no chance at all. If you do, you can try to punish with a shadow fireball, and while the damage hits, it doesn’t stop his offense.

And I’m on topic now!

You feel vindicated? You made a salty rant, threw out a bunch of half-truths, insulted people who have helped out people before and now are going to descend into your dream world where the above passes for rational discussion. That is what happened. Don’t pretend it was anything else.

3 Likes

Well… there’s always HP/HK xx Wind Kick (opener) xx Ultra.

He does seem stupid on paper when you list everything, but he is not unbeatable. Sure he can be a real pain in the a** but he’s not as bad as he is made out to be much of the time.

1 Like

My friend, everything Ive listed are what all the good Gargos players are using in their arsenal. I’m not alone in my opinion. Even a few Gargos players I’ve talked to have admited that he’s unbalanced and too powerful.

In my OP, I also go in about how the use of Instinct with short light jump punches is practically indefensible. When you’re in a red danger situation, just kiss yourself goodbye.