Coping with losing to disprespectful players

No, the match will stop for both people. Your opponent will be pushed out to the menu.

Sometimes, if they are starting their ultra, I just look away from the screen and check my Facebook or something else. Helps against post match taunters and teabaggers.

The best way to beat a Kan Ra player is to never let him get the lead. As soon as the match starts immediately block. His first move will be to run away and throw swarms. After he seeā€™s you arenā€™t chasing him he will start poking with Sand spikes. Then he will get frustrated that he does little chip damage. Thatā€™s when he comes to you and when you start poking him away and take the lead. Repeat, never become frustrated and chase him, itā€™ll lead to having to deal with a bunch of BS.

Thanks for that tip

1 Like

As Riptor, I just chase that mf down and never let him get away. Different characters require different tactics.

Weā€™ve all been there my man. Iā€™m glad you felt the need to post this in the chat. It helps to stray away from the competitive nature of the game. If you get triggered by bad player feedback then go to practice mode, beat up on a dummy, go to exhibition and fight ppl ego arenā€™t as good as you (it sounds like a dick move, but being reassured that you CAN win is great for the player). Try not to get invested in what other ppl do to you, if you arenā€™t on the mic with them then you may not know what their intention are by doing full ultras and taunting. Sometimes ppl do that to have fun, and other times it is to demean the opponent. Is up to you whether or not to let it affect you.

I press continue and then search match and thats it.

I get disappointed in the other playerā€™s behaviour, but I just shake my head and move on though. I donā€™t have time to be salty over some douchebagā€™s lack of good sportsmanship.

When you are about to lose, look out the window.

2 Likes

Dude I know A LOT ABOUT THISā€¦because I am the exact same way! I have been playing KI since Xmas 2014 and I had never played an online match before until then. I was nervous and couldnā€™t believe I was actually playing another person on the other end. I thought I was really good, I could beat the CPU on Hard difficulty and I used to play KI in the arcades and thought I was so awesomeā€¦then I realized I wasnā€™t so goodā€¦ and it really pissed me off.

Then factor in the tea bagging, 2x ultras and any voice of message communication and now I was majorly offended and just ready to kill someone over a game.

So I stopped playig online for about 2 months or moreā€¦worked on my game and my attitude. I went back into ranked and did pretty good. I found that sometimes it would make me mad and some times it wouldnā€™t bother me. But it all depended on how well i was playing.

If I lost 5 matches in a row an d then I got Tea baggedā€¦well Im freaking pissed and going nuts. If I won 5 in a row and then lost and got Tea bagged, well no big dealā€¦I will get him on the next match, and if I wonā€¦ great, if notā€¦ehhhā€¦lets find some one else to play.

Most of the time if I feel myself getting mad I will exit online play and head to Shadows.

Good luck

This is exactly correctā€¦especially in exhibition. Ive been guilty of it before Im not going to lie.

Letā€™s get something straight right off the batā€¦ NONE of us like to lose. That is a bonafide fact. However, no matter how hard you practice, no matter how good you think you are, no matter how good you really are, you will. Thatā€™s life.

In terms of Prideā€¦ You have to learn to humble yourself. Almost each and every time I thought that I could totally blow a player away based upon their stats, I found myself staring down at a loss. This is why, unless the player is obviously new, that I play each game as if Iā€™m playing against a Pro.

If I start getting consecutive losses, then I stop playing. No game is worth getting that frustrated over. Sometimes Iā€™ll step away for a few days, especially if I start having a bad attitude. We are playing for fun and if it stops being fun, then itā€™s not serving its purpose.

Generally speaking if somebody is repeatedly teabagging you, taunting you, and belittling you through the match, they are simply trying to get into your head and make you make mistakes. If you retain focus and win (Iā€™ve won many matches against such folks) thatā€™s great. If you lose, take your loss and move on.

If the player is cheating (lag switching) or saying really derogatory things, then at that point you can report them.

2 Likes

No, if you want the best tip for Kan raā€¦when the match is about to begin you immediately get on him. Right on top of him, no chance for him to drop sand or a swarm. You never let him have spaceā€¦ever.

LOLā€¦we need a meme right now of someone crying and looking out the window!

A good kan ra never falls for that noob bait lol. When you play as kan ra you shouldnt ever chase your opponet unless theres a good opening.[quote=ā€œCRIS178, post:43, topic:5892ā€]
Thatā€™s when he comes to you
[/quote]

1 Like

Bruce Lee shared his feelings on losing and summed it up as:

ā€œLearn the art of dyingā€

The idea is that before you can really appreciate a win you have to understand the feeling of defeat. That feeling of rage you feel when someone beats you and then proceeds to rub your face in itā€¦hold onto that feeling.

Hold onto it and use it as your inspiration to train harder and become better

3 Likes

Youā€™re right.

1 Like

I donā€™t play online much but when I do I lose ALOT on top of TB and taunted. Also had my first double ultra performed on me. No big deal. Shrug it off move to the next.

Itā€™s a good thing Kan Ra players arenā€™t good players.

Ooooh not falling for that bait buddy. Nice try tho[quote=ā€œCRIS178, post:58, topic:5892, full:trueā€]
Itā€™s a good thing Kan Ra players arenā€™t good players.
[/quote]

3 Likes

I agree with those who say channel your rage in this game/use it as your catalyst to defeat your opponent.

Thereā€™s quite an entertaining example in this Fulgore VS Sadira set - my opponent beats me two matches in a row and I then used my frustration to make myself go back, fight Sadira andā€¦ youā€™ll seeā€¦

But if you want to fight me, Iā€™ll be happy to. I wonā€™t use a full ultra unless prevoked, in addition to not taunting without due reason either.