Coping with losing to disprespectful players

I’m a prideful Glacius main (GT: Wyrmnus). I wish I wasn’t so prideful. I get real salty when I lose, but lately I practice saying ‘GG’ to the opponent and just leaving it at that. But today, twice in a row I met some pretty disrespectful players. The first was a Hisako that teabagged and Double Ultra’d me. Gritting my teeth and digging my nails into my skin, I told him GG and left the set. Then a Kan-ra with some impossible to bypass zoning techniques with Swarm and Air HP. He didn’t seem so rude… till he Double ULtra’s and taunted. This time, I actually DREW BLOOD. This is getting a problem so Im calling out for help or advice.

How do you cope with the scum and bullies in this FGC?

2 Likes

I just remember that they wouldn’t be this brave in person especially with the teabags

3 Likes

Yea. However, that just enrages me even further. My Pride as a Lifelong introverted gamer has been spat down on and I couldn’t do anything. They weren’t perfects or anything. Not even Supremes, but to get insulted and disrespected like this is unbearable.

As ARIA says, evolve or die. best thing to do is grit your teeth, learn what you did wrong and hope you get a rematch to show them who’s bettter. Its not worth getting salty over an online loss as I’ve started to learn.

5 Likes

I feel the same way. I just block them on xbox live. I don’t want to play with or against disrespectful people, as it makes me not enjoy any game as much, so I just block them, simple.

If everybody did the same by blocking them, maybe then they would learn, lol

1 Like

Dude I had to turn the game off or else I’d be making a fuss in my house. You don’t know what it’s like being a prideful gamer like myself. You don’t understand.

I really dont have any advice than trying to be the bigger person (which seems like you already are in most of these situations) and taking those experiences and turning them into smart gameplay.

1 Like

The best thing to do is either leave the game and move on, or keep playing them until you win.

1 Like

If I block them, Im just as much of a pathetic coward as they are.

2 Likes

You available for a match some time? would love to get some experience:

Look up their Shadow and beat the crap out of it every day. Then send them the recording in case they don’t watch it.

1 Like

If they annoy you and prevent you from enjoying something the way you would like it’s the sensible thing to do. There is no brave or coward in video games.

Actually, I’m feeling bad just stooping to thier level with name calling. You see where this is going? Its an endless torrent of prideful self destruction. I need a training partner that I can respect and can respect me in return.

2 Likes

Maybe I don’t. It seems like an outrageous over-reaction to me, but hey you do what you do. But that doesn’t change what I said, keeping calm will help you a lot more than going off because of a double ultra.

1 Like

I gotta try that sometime.

But the thing is, its hard to stay calm in those situations that’s what the problem is[quote=“DoobyDude23, post:14, topic:5892”]
keeping calm will help you a lot more than going off because of a double ultra.
[/quote]

Send me a friend request. My GT is Wyrmnus. Later on I will go back on game if you wanna practice some.

1 Like

Much like any other situation, it requires practice. Also, its a Double Ultra, you’ve lost at that point. You should be salty about losing, but not about being Double Ultra’d. And they’re basically irrelevant, if it happens to me now, I take the time to do something else, while they waste theirs on showboating. For all these kinds of players, I’ve met way more civil players who play the game and show respect to the extent of responding with GGs or tips.

1 Like

We all look at it in different ways I guess but I do agree with you

1 Like

Even now I keep thinking about it and I want BLOOD! I want revenge for the disrespect they showed me. Its not even about the match anymore, its the ■■■■■■■ GALL they showed to pull that ■■■■ on me unprovoked. Why couldn’t they just leave it with a simple combo ender? Why did they have to taunt?

2 Likes