Controller support post Anniversary update

did you try setting left and right analog to different axes? maybe some of the later entries in the list like axis 23 and 24. otherwise I’m out of ideas.

3.6 just came out and 360 fight pads still do not work. Anyone else get theirs working?
@rukizzel @TheKeits

Are there any words about this issue?

As of now (December 31st, soon to be Jan. 1st actually, happy new year btw!) I’m still experiencing the issue.

I’m using the MadCatz SF4 Fightpad and it’s not being detected. However, it works just fine in all my other games (such as Mortal Kombat X and Injustice, and others). I’ve tried the suggested solutions such as re-installing the XBOX 360 Accessories drivers (which I always do anyway) and it didn’t help. I’ve also tried to use XOutput, and even though that one helps the game detect the Buttons and the D-Pad, it bugs out on the main menu and keeps constantly scrolling down regardless of the Axis settings I try.

So essentially, I simply cannot play the game anymore. It’s been like this since sometime back in September or early October. I just want to play the game.

Please, fix the issue, thank you.

Joy2Key will work, but apparently has more input lag than XOutput (which also bugs out nonstop for me)

Guess this is STILL not fixed. TE2, TE2+, new razer ps4 stick don’t work on the PC still. I mean c’mon we know pretty much when this happened why can’t this be fixed already.

I tried three different controllers, a wired xbox360 fightpad, a wireless xbox360 controller, and a TES+

The only controller that’s recognized by KI is the wireless one. The stick isn’t recognized neither in PS4, PS3 mode, or as a HI device. In the device manager, the fightpad and fightstick are listed as -Xbox 360 controller for Windows- while the wireless is listed as an -Xbox 360 wireless receiver for Windows-. The worst part is all three of them use the same usb driver so the fix for this should be extremely simple for the wrapper at the game

Ive been using my ps3 controller with ScpToolkit but now its not working, i tried using my ps4 controller with DS4Windows and thats not working, I even tryed my cronusmax with my ps3 and ps4 conrtollers and not even that works. I played it last week what happened?

I have Saitek P880 controllers but I guess it wont work naturally with KI PC?

While this doesn’t directly effect me, since my primary PC stick is a 360 stick, I am really, really frustrated that this is still a problem months later, and that it basically makes the game unplayable for some people.

Especially since they broke existing functionality and said they would fix it.

They deserve a serious callout for this.

100% agree. I can’t even play SFV now, unless I want to revert to keyboard and mouse controls. Super pissed that they broke existing functionality and workarounds, without providing any recourse.

I ended up buying a plain-ole xbone controller and it works fine. Sucks because I’d much rather use my 6button fightpad that has a way better dpad. Atleast I can play now without needing an input mapper but I’m going to keep this thread going as long as it takes @TheKeits @rukizzel

This has been incredibly frustrating, and a status update would be very nice.

I bugged Keits about in twitch chat the other day, he doesn’t do any of the hardware support so he didn’t know of a fix coming

God forbid he pass this ■■■■ on. If I responded to my clients with “Not my department” I’m sure that’d go over real well.

I’m sure he has tried.

I don’t think it’s because the people in charge don’t know about the problem, it’s that they don’t think it’s priority.

It’s the type of thing that they have to fix immediately though. And because they haven’t and they haven’t even pretended to acknowledge the problem publicly, it’s a serious, serious issue.

1 Like

While it doesn’t apply to me, I’ll admit that they’ve left this problem unaddressed for this long is pretty unacceptable.

Tried again today, this problem still isn’t fixed.

I simply cannot play KI at all since something like September (whenever that issue started). I paid for the game, paid for my controller. I have the right to play it. It SHOULD be a “priority” for the devs to fix this. It’s like having a car without a steering wheel. I have a fighting game, but without a working controller to play it. I. Want. To. Play. My. Killer. Instinct. Is that too difficult for the devs to understand?

It WAS working from release day up to September or so, then suddenly not anymore. If it had been an issue that would have lasted something like a week or maybe two at most I wouldn’t have said anything. But there’s absolutely NO WAY I’m just going to buy another controller just because they’re too lazy to fix this.

DO something! And yes I have the absolute right to be upset about this!

@rukizzel Any update on fixing 360 controller and fight stick support that broke in December and has not been addressed other than you saying something in this thread months ago?

Update: bought a Hori Fight Commander for my fiance because she wants to get in to fighting games too. Turns out the Hori Fight Commander works perfectly in KI. Still doesn’t solve the problem for everyone else who is using a MadCatz 360 controller.

I guess the only fix is to buy a new stick, since people can’t be bothered to do anything about this.