Controller support post Anniversary update

I can also confirm the issue. just recently bought a PS4 TE2+ and installed the new driver by madcatz so that I can switch to XInput mode. for whatever reason the stick isn’t detected in Killer Instinct though.

Has anyone even acknowledged this issue? This is extremely frustrating and I’m not buying a new controller or using a keyboard to play.

We are still looking at what is happening with 360 sticks. Xbox One sticks should be working fine. Haven’t seen any mention of issues with those.

1 Like

I am in the same boat. Bought season 1 and 2 content when I first got my surface book and everything worked great with my 360 fight pads. Tried to play last week with my fight pad and it would not work with killer instinct even though it works with other pc games. Any fix info would be appreciated.

Yeah, my Madkatz 360 wired controller still isn’t working in KI. I really hope it gets fixed soon, I have a hard time using the regular 360 controller, which is why I bought the madkatz one in the first place.

Any update? @rukizzel

i want my freakin mad catz wired controller back!!! now!!

well, 3.5 changed nothing there. here is hope for the next patch.

Yup, bummer.

An update on this would be nice.

@rukizzel So no go on fixing 360 fightpads this update?

This worked for me:
Go into your device manager, and find your 360 controller. Double click.
Go to the driver tab.
Click update driver.
Click browse my computer for driver software.
Click let me pick from a list of device drivers.
Make sure the ‘show compatible hardware’ box is ticked. In here you’ll most likely be given multiple options. Select the following driver:
"Xbox 360 Controller for Windows Version: 10.0.14393.0 [7/15/2016]"
Click next and follow through until finished. Launch Killer Instinct - Hopefully it works!
YMMV, of course, but this is how I restored controller functionality after the Anniversary update.

Still no go, I’m just going to have to resort to using Joy2Key for the workaround unless anyone can confirm the Hori Fight Commanderworks fine with KI on PC.

doesn’t work for a TE2+ here. the xinput-driver from madcatz does add a “xbox 360 controller” entry to the device manager but it already has the most recent driver version. so I tried reverting it to an older one but that didn’t help either. I suggest XOutput for the mean time until they fix the problem.

Bummer. A few people I told to do that actually got it working.

Try XOutput instead of Joy2key, though. XOutput doesn’t introduce any input lag.

TE2+ is only PS4, right? I have the original TE2, but I haven’t tried to get it working. I’ve been using the OG TE from Xbox 360. I’ll see if I can get my TE2 to work.

yeah, I think so. but you can switch it to PS3 mode and the Madcatz driver does allow you to use it as an Xinput device. so SFV for example works just fine without using external tools. I know for a fact that it also worked in KI before the windows anniversary update.

It actually worked after the Anniversary Update as well. I was using my Madcatz TE2 PS4 stick with no issues. When they released the 3.4 patch for Killer Instinct is when both the 360 and PS4 Madcatz sticks both stopped working. I tested my PS4 stick after the 3.5 update and it’s still not working. I imagine the same is going for the 360 sticks as well.

Hopefully this will be getting fixed in the 3.6 update.

Can’t use Xoutput, when I set it up the game won’t stop scrolling no matter what I set the analog stick axes to.

deactive the right stick in the controller settings of KI.

No dice, still does it.