Constructive Feedback on the new level 4 ender effect

Man, Steve “Sajam” Lyon is blowing these new enders up on his twitter feed. He makes good points, and unfortunately I can’t come to disagree with him. I can’t copypasta the tweets here right now, but if anyone wants to take a look here’s the link to his profile.

3 Likes

When your own PRO fanbase thinks it looks bad I think there seriously needs to give it a second thought about implementing the new enders.

https://snhtqw-sn3301.files.1drv.com/y3pqkqtN9ZcjBlyKDEgqkOKVk9oQnXN-_vHbF823WpUsZ5pLZLwI6norTBKpmzZ1YJDzEOBxWUfe4SVWdMUFcMhNf9wEOm0-7IecXuiLNrTkuAw_ZwbZqIZc0yZ1wuHAlYEhQddFaq7EImGFURXxzDt1V8skBw3EHaV8jk3Pjs3CWw/2016-03-17.png?psid=1

https://snhtqw-sn3301.files.1drv.com/y3pVPbs0NlKYz5ivflWr8mUxMLiOXKQMQUerVZQ1FD0dR_pDsAmhl9kyBQaD4kwiIIt8GJjPV7LMTk-kuaj872CL4fvQ1aZLuBVH0MMuIRcsvCZi-Xa1Twxp4ix1r-Nx9CWJ0C-wmvmQh3PZOblMT_5SomWJ-Jufn3_dS0zWCNHKTA/2016-03-17%20(1).png?psid=1

I just hope the developers have enough time to either heavily improve the feature or outright kill it, since it clearly doens’t work in the current incarnation.

But only when the pros agree with the 60 or so posts you’ve already made on the subject right?

Wow. Ok. He REALLY doesn’t like it. If we could only see how IG/MS is reacting to this…

It’s really negative on twitter… O.o

He’s created a Thread too, If you guys want to talk about it…

Here Guys.

1 Like

They can disagree with me any day. I don’t silence the other opinions of others but rather discuss and have a thought out argument on why my stance is correct. Am sure you’ve seen my posts and in none of them have I tried to silence what others think or say they are wrong. The only time I think I have ever said anything completely shutting down anyone else’s opinion was written today and I still stand by it. “The new enders are terrible, not an opinion fact.” Forget the face issues I have had. Forget any other issue I have ever had with the game. None of those issues has ever mattered as much as these new Enders.

I find it amazing that these same folks are not freaked out about SFV’s critical arts - which are ten times longer, more “removed from the fight” and more difficult to follow than the 0.75 second level 4 Enders. I guess pausing to watch Chun-Li’s kicks for five seconds is much more exciting to comment on…

We had a poll (unfortunately closed due to poor behavior) and fully half the participants responded that they like the level 4 Enders, while only 34% said they didn’t. Unsurprisingly, that thread is also filled with the same, repetitive posts from the 34% complaining as if this were the end of the world and they are all going to have to leave KI.

1 Like

This is an extremely good point! I hadn’t thought of that.

No, but you have on more than one occasion used this kind of amplification tactic “other people support my opinion.” Sajam is free to participate on the forums if he wants to. He doesn’t need retweets from us.

I don’t know dude. I’m kinda scared at the moment. People compain about Jarring effects, but what about Shadow Jago? He uses the same “Blackening” tech for his Annihilation move, as well as his ultimate, and that really doesn’t distract from gameplay, with all it’s movements. Even Aria, has a Instinct, where the Camera zooms on her and can disorient people. I don’t know what to say right now.

2 Likes

I think the main thing about the level 4 enders is that it doesn’t look fluid. It’s fast flashing cuts of different camera angles, and some people don’t like that.

Hence why I think it needs some polishing, but I still like the concept of it.

2 Likes

And you have used this supressive tactic on anyone who has anything less than stellar to say about the game. How is it fair to silence the voices of the few and then go around and tell them not to amplify their voice?

This isn’t an arguement between you and me. It’s all about KI and the guy who you say am using as “amplification” is perhaps one of the most important people in KI. If he feels distressed about the situation why shouldn’t that news be spread. Especialy since the guy above me mentioned he wanted someone to specifically bring up the tweet.

1 Like

It’s about voicing your opinion. Not pretending you speak for other people. And if folks would stop saying things like “well clearly it’s a problem otherwise all these people wouldn’t be in here complaining about it” argument I wouldn’t need to point out that it’s just a handful of people posting over and over again. Still people are saying things like “most people don’t like it” even when the closest thing to real data we have is that most people do like it.

1 Like

So what now? I feel like I’m just going to lie low for a bit. See where this goes.

You’re gathering your bases of people’s opinions from this forum. It’s the least place you’ll find negativity. Hardcore KI fans who love the game and would defend the game with their life are the ones who searched for these forums and community. You’ll have an equally one sided pole opinion if you go to MS and ask them which game they prefer Halo or God of War. Most will say Halo while a few will say God of War.

You forget that we, the people on the forums, are the minority. KI is the minority. Opinions out there are more important. These pro players who play multiple fighting games are important not just KI fans like most of us in here including me. They see what other fighting games do good and see the flaws in others with no biase.

1 Like

People who like a game are the ones most likely to spend money on it and actually play it. So of course their opinions matter more to the developers of said game than those who don’t like the game and who won’t spend money on it or play it. Only makes sense.

2 Likes

Well, I just saw the first suggestion outside of what was shown to me in the Sanjay tweet thread.

Someone suggested the camera bangle switches be during INSTINCT activation, like critical arts and like I had suggested a while back, like soul caliburs activations and like MVC 3 activations. The move has to be charged up, meaning no abuse of the animation.

It was the close ups of the chars that I loved in that instant that won’t take you out of the game, but arias instinct was never a problem, so why not let the other chars have the same type instinct camera finesse, then it can only happen when your instinct is full again, not for every ender…

At this rate people are going to make the game be delayed until winter 2017 with all the clap backs. Then they will be sorry.

Bangles?? Like “Walk like an Egyptian?” LOL - JK
"Manic Monday Oh Ohhh"

It’s different. Shago’s is just one, somewhat rare occurrence. It would be different – unbearable even – if every character in the game had what he has and were able to use it frequently.

The new effects are game and character wide.