Combo Assist, DO YOU USE IT?

In its current implementation for some characters I use the Opener and Ultra assists. I haven’t found any characters where Assisted Linker and Ender actually helped.

For brand new players full on assist mode usually helps them put up much more of a fight though, and that’s the intended audience.

…yes

I just started using it for the Ultra assist. I use pad, and doing DP motions + 3 punch/kick buttons with my button config is just to demanding. I didn’t want to use CAM at first, even for just the Ultra assist, but weighing all the pros and cons (really no cons other than my on pride getting in the way), I went ahead and just did it.

It is SO easy to do opener-ultra with TJ or Sabrewulf, but just unnecessarily frustrating to do it with Fulgore or Jago.

I don’t, it everyone else in the house does :laughing:

I’m the only one who’s spent the time to get the motions down since I’m the one who’s spent the most time in the game by a long shot. Don’t feel bad for using CAM, not everyone is ready to play without it, and some people need to use it due to disability.
If you want to be able to turn it off and play manually, go ahead into practice mode like @Infilament said. It will take time, but anything worth doing is worth doing well. It’ll come to you if you try.
And if you decide to keep it on for certain situations, that’s perfectly acceptable. :slight_smile:

I consider myself fairly decent in Killer Instinct. I can play with or without it. Do I use it, yes… does that mean I don’t have an interest in getting better, certainly not! I plan on being the best CAM enabled player in the world, LOL! The ultra assist is the best thing since sliced bread!

1 Like

I already know how to play, so I don’t use it.

Bread.

2 Likes

Never used it, last week i found out i had it on for whoknows what reason cause i managed to hit the Orchid rekka even with the backwards motion.
Immediatly disabled, but it came in handy a couple times lol

I only use it if Im messing around with Hisako…because I never know where Im at mid combo and I drop everything. lol
If i forget to turn it off and use Omen or someone else…I really suck with it on becasue I ned up doing unsafe moves.

But it does feel like its too easy once you get the hang of it.

Nope, I came before the addition of CAM. If it were around at the time, I still don’t think I’d use it since I was already familiar with some SF4 special moves at that time.

I am good at street fighter (■■■■■ you capcom for screwing over xbox users :wink: ) But suck at KI.

I don’t use it but pretty mental seeing a 5 year old using it and getting 30+ combos every time…

You will get it in time friend no worries, I’m still bad to this day, just learned a lot more so I may seem like I’m great.

Also, to be frank, SFV looked awful and in a way I’m glad it suffered in sales and more so didn’t come over to Xbox. Hope Capcom takes from this lesson.

I hope so too

I am glad its doing bad, but not glad it skipped xbox, I am still hoping and praying that we either get an Ultra IV port, or Ultra IV BC

Used it for a month or two. Turned it off after a while and realized I couldn’t confirm a combo off a regular low kick anymore so I turned it off and went back to normal.

I actually like SFV’s gameplay - the issue is that the rest of the game just isn’t there. Not a huge deal for me since I play primarily online, but pretty inexcusable for a $60 modern fighting game to have that little content. Especially since the servers friggin’ exploded at launch for whatever reason. The game is fun though. I prefer the feel and flow of KI, but SFV has some pretty cool mechanics in its own right. For one, the complete lack of safe invincible reversals makes me smile :slightly_smiling:

Can’t really fault Capcom either for making it PS4-exclusive. The company as a whole wasn’t doing well financially, and absent Sony coming in and bankrolling it, SFV wouldn’t have gotten made period. MS did something similar with Respawn Entertainment and Titanfall. If someone parachutes in and drops a stack of money to get a game made, can’t really be mad at the publisher for showing them favoritism.

I touched it once, but I didn’t know I was using it until mid battle. It was right after the patch which implemented it in the game, and it was automatically enabled. As soon I found out, I disabled it and haven’t touched it since.

I suppose it doesn’t effect those who are competitive players, since the core is solid. Still similar to what you said $60 is more than solid mechanics.

I don’t mind favoritism, I think parading the flag of one console is stupid since they don’t pay that person to do so. I say it as long-term investment. Sure Sony helped them and in return made it a console exclusive. However, it will hurt them in the long-run as we can see with week one sales being lower than SF x Tekken. Hope Sony can cover those loses as well.

No.

No, I can fault capcom, and yes it would have been made without Sony moneyhatting it, and now there is news of Tekken 7 being exclusive too, it really makes me sad that all the big name fighters are skipping xbox.