Combat Feedback Wanted; Help Shape the Future of KI! (Breakers and Potential Damage)

if not brought up … the current combo breaker mechanics just ain’t what KI players ask for to be changed

Sadly, you’re wrong. :pensive:

might don’t make right … skim though the feedback section, and the combo breakers mechanics are never asked to be changed

We can’t ignore the opinions in this thread though. I want it to be changed.

2 Likes

And this change won’t affect that in any way, are you sure you’re not misunderstanding what the change is?

the change in question is you only get half PD back after breaking, and nerfing KI’s signature

Yea my only concern is that there will be a decrease in counter breaker use, which already aren’t used much. In the end I guess it’s all subjective whether or not you think it’s worth it, but I dunno, my gut says less people will think it is. Of course people may want to break more often/predictably to get rid of as much PD as possible, which is in a way incentive to counter break. One of those things we’ll have to wait and see. If it skews to the point where counter breakers aren’t used at all, I hope the team will look into ways to give more incentive. (Saw someone mention adding PD on a successful counter break, which I don’t know if I agree with, but is the kind of ideas I’m talking about and such).

And of course I have confidence in y’alls balancing skills, so really I’m pretty much in favor of this change. Am really eager to see it in action at some point.

This is a good idea what about if somebody breaks a manual you keep 50% of PD since 90% of times is a guess break or if they break a AD they get back 75% PD and a linker 100%

1 Like

I think that this is an elegant solution to something that I felt was a problem and replied with in the Survey which is the value of combos and the risk reward for them is still weirdly skewed in KI. The new method I think has the potential to more correctly balance this out (especially with the aversion to combo breakers). I Like the change.

I think Counter Breakers will still have usage since longer combos will mean more Potential Damage remains on the opponent, which means people will be forced to break much earlier in a combo, which to me means that it will be easier to predict a Combo Breaker attempt.
That’s just my viewpoint anyway.

This seems cool so far! I’ve got no major complaints, I’d have to mess with it myself to see how much it impacts my play. My brother plays Cinder, so I’m sure he’ll chime in if he feels broken inside. Otherwise, I’ve got no problem and I really do like the idea of the sort of diminished reward for something that could very well just be a guess.

yeah i didnt read that part about nerfing the grab the first time.

Good to have you back Keits, I appreciate the direct interactions with the community.

Having Recently picked up Raam and feeling like he doesn’t do enough in-combo damage, even with Kryll on and having fought players who will basically hit with anything they can in online ranked (looking at you, Jago and Spinal in particular at this point, as well as Aganos), I feel that this would shift the game towards even more of a rushdown fest and reduce the clever mind game I think you want to try and make happen.

Removing Omen’s invulnerability? I’m down with that regardless, as I’ve faced certain players, not naming any names but if you read this you probably know who you are, who have due to the invulnerability basically guaranteed they’ll land the move and there’s nothig you can dow about it.

In terms of PD changes and delays? I think it could work, but I think the issue is still that certain characters won’t be able to take full advantage given that they are flipped out to more extreme ranges that mean they can’t get in and take advantage of that. As a player with no sight (though I am in the minority), I feel that changes like this would actually break the game and push it into a mad scramble for supremacy the likes of which even the gold tier on ranked hasn’t seen yet and that’s saying something after the matches I played the very day I wrote this post.

I understand what you’re trying to do though, I think, but it’s one of those changes that you’d have to role out first, then ask questions as we can then see whether there are any major holes in the idea. :smiley:

Interested to see where this thread goes.

1 Like

It seems to be decided already.

keeping 50% PD seems pretty reasonable especially if you’re fighting against a guess breaker. since i barely saw this post, i dont have much else to say but i will be sleeping on this and making observations when i choose to hop online and fight someone. really enjoy the direct interaction you boys at IG are having with us, this is why i have stuck around through the thick and thin here on KI.

As for potential damage from characters like Glacius and Kim Wu, who is already high and elevated to the fourth degree of damage very easily, would be far ahead of the other characters which would cause an even greater imbalance, since KI is a match ups game , so one does not have the freedom to use the character one likes, but one that fits the enemy. Sadira / Kim X Gagos For example.
I’ve used The Google translate to write this text, so sorry for any mistakes.

Here is where I come down on this. This is a good idea that needs to come with balance. While 50% white health healed helps the offensive player know there is still damage on the table, what if their game plan was revolving around that extra white damage. I know this was mentioned above, characters like Cinder and Raam would be greatly effected by this change since potential damage is a key factor to how they deal damage, especially Cinder.

Changing this would require some changes done to these characters to make up for that loss. Example of this was the armor change in S3. With that, Glacius gained a buff with his instinct which made total sense. I would like to see those possible changes to the characters affected. The Omen buff does make a lot of sense in this case, but I would like to see what Cinder, Mira, and Raam get as a result to make up for the reduction in PD.

This change already makes up for that loss. They deal out a bit less PD (outside normal combos), but what they do deal out is present longer and cannot be instantly and fully removed. Its a two way street and the combat team feels it is overall a buff to PD related characters, which is why we’ll be toning down their PD output a bit to compensate.

1 Like

How big is the tune down?

For example as Raam, what’s the difference between the same combo, if both activate instinct after the opener and both finish it with dominance, whats the damage difference?
5%?
10%?

1 Like

maybe

1.light auto - breaker causes parry. faster game.
2.medium auto - normally breakable
3.heavy auto - break on both 2 hits of the auto to fully break. breaking on only one : 1. breaking only on the first hit causes ender on the next hit, 2. break only on second hit restores 50% of potential damage

make breaker one button.