Combat Feedback Wanted; Help Shape the Future of KI! (Breakers and Potential Damage)

This wont be changing. Though it is worth noting that the situation after a breaker has a totally different mindgame to it after this change. Before, it was kind of a wild-west standoff… not sure who will act first or with what move. Now, interally, its been quite a bit more thoughtful, as one player has the clear motivation of “I need to take that PD” and the other has the clear motivation of “I need to protect myself”. The options are the same, but the weight of each choice is different, and it can make that chaotic post-breaker moment feel more predictable (though clever opponents will still take shocking risks and defeat you sometimes)

15 Likes

And this mind games is what makes KI so great!

3 Likes

Wasn’t asking you to change it, just saying we should be watchful to make sure all character interactions end up the way you’re describing, and that it doesn’t end up being that a guy who just broke is still in the other character’s range and has potential damage to boot.

1 Like

RIP Raam instinct damage. Heck since his instinct is mostly popped on already locked out opponents the 50% pd change won’t even come into play, so a reduced pd build up is just a straight up nerf to Raam.

1 Like

I really loved the part of keep some rewards for opened or punish your opponents, with this they will be more careful before take crazy risks with “don’t worry!! I can guess the braker”

I like This and I think it could bring back or add More competitive, I’ve been out of the the game for some time and honestly this kind of changed could definitely bring me back to it.

KikoMasterRD

2 Likes

This may be the case sometimes depending on matchup and screen position. But it will be the attacker, who earned his opening and got broken, who is in the advantaged position.

5 Likes

But if he gets broken, he keeps 50%. And when instinct ends, the PD that is left will be there slightly longer for him to try to take.

5 Likes

Hmm. If you’re right, then I suppose this shouldn’t be a problem. :slight_smile:

Yep, it sounds like that. Still we have to see how much damage he loses. May not be so bad, and MAYBE Raam sees some buffs on exchange.

wow we are so lucky to have iron galaxy. this change is wonderful. i am sll for anything that promotes even more critical thinking in ki. GOOD JOB!!!

1 Like

As a raam player I’m personally not that worried about his instinct taking another hit; even after it was lowered the first time, he still does ridiculous damage in instinct. Not losing all the PD means activating instinct outside of situations where the opponent is already locked out, or to bait a lockout, would be much more worth doing, and making it a more meaningful decision on when to use his instinct is a great change imo. Do keep in mind that this means that if you let the PD build up for the full duration, getting broken no longer means it was all wasted.

3 Likes

This is a slight buff to instinct into shadow command grab. Shadow command grab into stomp mix up into combo. If broken anywhere, you keep some PD.

I’m down for this change, with it longer combos would be more encouraged and lower damage characters such as shago will have more opportunities to get damage. It’ll be a pretty big impact on the game’s meta.

2 Likes

I JUST HOPE iron galaxy doesnt make the potential damage go away too soon, i hope it stays long enough to impact gameplay, i am afraid that potential damage staying only one or two more seconds might end up being insignificant but i guess time will tell. i cant wait for the next patch

1 Like

I guess a fair comparison would be to remember the difference between the length of a lockout on a combo and the length of a counter breaker (3 seconds vs 4 seconds). IMO that one second is very apparent and I feel like the 1 or 2 second delay on PD reduction would be very noticeable.

I’m down for the change though. Much appreciation to the developers for asking our opinions. Nearly no other developer does this.

3 Likes

It seems interesting especially for characters that rely on juggling someone and then losing all that PD from a break or guess break. Interested to try it out and see what happens with the meta of this game.

I second this.

Ender level is already determined exclusively by the amount of PD present. So, it kind of already functions that way. If you just got to a Lv4 ender and get broken, and then quickly get back in, you should already start at a lv2 ender (and may be able to get to lv3 before a breakable window depending on your opener).

7 Likes

I now know to always DP after a combo breaker. Mind games. Risk reward is amazing and this change only makes it better. I feel that a counter breaker buff would be slightly better than a combo breaker nerf though.

Even if they buffed counter breakers, I’m pretty sure people will still think they’re too risky. I’d rather leave that discussion out of this.

Good to know :smiling_imp:

2 Likes