Cinder is underpowered

You can do that with his follow ups. Do the first one,then do a direction and a kick and you go that direction.

So pretty much you want him to require no skill to win, gotcha :wink:

Cinder is fine.

he does it but you have to go forward first, he can’t do jump vertical and immediately trailblazer down vertical or backwards, nor immediate upwards vertical trailblazer. the opponent also knows that you will go forward. also using his tools make his attacks 2 timed which is a great limitation.

no man i can play him :stuck_out_tongue: , but he needs much more skill than the others so very few play him.

So you want him to require less skill for more people to play him. Basically what I said the first time lol.

no i want him to be bigger. he must have more perspectives to his gameplay, a wider range of moves so that skilled players can perform their beautiful combos ( as it happens with every character) but also casual prayers can use him for rushdown battles which are the most common. Cinder should be bigger.

I actually ran into a few Cinder players awhile ago I recored the fight clip to. I’ll have it on later

1 Like

Cinder it’s really good, as the rest of the cast. Being the “weak” of the KI characters doesn’t sound so bad as being the weakest of other fighting game. All characters are pretty even, and Cinder doesn’t seem to be the weakest to me.

Trailblazer: this move MUST have low priority, because it’s one of the best mobility tools in the game. Allows you to run away, get in from the ground, air, change your approach, fake crossups, make cross ups
 The reason of being so low priority move it’s because it would be by far the best move in the game if it beats normals.

Cinder’s plan should be:
1-Approach by air, where trailblazer works as a “dash” with opener properties.
2-Approach by ground, where pyrobombs should be placed in the opponent to disuade them to “touch buttons” so you can freely do trailblazers without fear, because if they “mash”, you can punish them with pyrotechnics.
3-Apply close range preassure, where his others specials take part

This has a reason: because if you could do back or up direction first, you could take a life lead and then simpy run away with trailblazer forever. You could efortless run away from many characters and they could do anything to get you.

Cinder it’s a character that rely in make you “fear” touching a button. Pyrobombs attached to you says that it’s a bad idea “mash” anything, and his burn mechanic it’s the evolution of this.

Cinder doesn’t play “footsies” so much compared with people like Orchid. He works more like TJ: He uses more special moves than normals during neutral. He has not so great speed movement or forward dash, only an awesome backdash. Trailblazer it’s his “dash”

This is a bit
 irrelevant. Cinder it’s a character hard to take for an IA.

PD: Also, I was the Cinder @MandrillManiac met before.

2 Likes

Umm

On a serious note though, you’re right. He IS the weakest character in the game. His damage output is the worst in the game and his Ender damage sucks. That’s why Burnout Enders exist. And they’re not as hard to land as you think.

And I think you underestimate what Cinder is capable of. Watch this.

As for his Trailblazer, it’s already simple enough. And giving it more priority would make it too good. It’s meant to be used as a good mobility tool and can’t just be thrown around just because.

14 Likes

One issue with this tactic though @Dayv0

This tactic does not work for everyone so you will have to change it up. example: Glacius can easily snuff you with hail easily and if you’re not careful you’ll run into it. Against Glacius you will be relying far less on Trailblazer, which is fine since he has other tools. It isn’t the god of all mobility however because it can leave you vulnerable. So against zoners it’s best to use your bombs.

I am curious though dude, do you know any good reason for shadow-trailblazer’s low priority? I mean it’s no where near as diverse or versatile as normal trailblazer, it only goes one direction and no where near the distance. It may go through projectiles but not far enough as say: Jago’s shadow Wind-Kick. The reason I ask this is because I want to know if you found any good use for it?

No one has ever been able to come up with a good explination for shadow-trailblazer’s terrible priority and lack of versatility.

As good as trailblazer is, I would never rely on this tool that much in certain match-ups since a good anti-air is all it takes to knock him out of it.

i think that is only in theory because characters have become very powerful. they can do more than full screen attacks, shadow jago could easily catch cinder and he has also faster normals. fulgore literally disappears for some time, glacius full screen attacks, new orchid,omen, almost all have something. Also cinder falls slowly. i think he needs that move to avoid these things.

well he is a pro character. i don’t think a lot of people can do that.

Of course @JEFFRON27, the scheme I put was very vague, without taking care of specific match-ups. It’s like saying Aganos plan it’s palce walls and take advantage of it’s armored normals. Its true, but some MU make this really difficult and you have to change your strategy.

About Shadow trailblazer, it has the same “issues” of all Cinder specials: It’s situational. Sure, Shadow wind kick reaches farther, but you can’t do it while airborne, for example, and thats another use Shadow Trailblazer has. It’s piority and reach are not the best, but it serves it’s function “situationally”. Same as Shadow fssion, Inferno or pyrobomb. All of them have “flaws”, but together, they can cover almost all situations.

That looked so sick but I think my simple combos should be enough, though the bombs after trailblazer will definitely add more to them.

I’d say Cinder is relatively low tier but I wouldn’t say he’s bad by any means, even without burnout enders. He has a lot of situational tools and victory depends what tools you use at what times.

In the air, I would never do shadow trailblazer with such low priority you’re gonna get knocked out regaurdless. But hey at leas tthat is a ton better explanation than anything at least, I wouldn’t use shadow trailblazer to get in unless I had a fired-up trailblazer going really that’s only time shadow Trailblazer can reac further than most.

Also everyone who has some tips to share post it here to:

Let’s turn some embers into blazing infernos!

2 Likes

i think Cinder is the weakest character of the game. not like what he was before. He needs some serious buffs. he doesn’t have any strong forward move or any fast medium range normal. All of his moves are slow and weak and he either ends up playing cheaply with his bombs and infernos or he plays too much in the air which needs a lot of skill.as a result of this he is not fun and nobody plays with him. plus 1.) it is difficult to control his trailblazer direction (I play with controller) 2.) he always loses in AI vs AI matches.

2 things i would like to see.

1.) different input for his trailblazer, instead of back to forward kick, is should be like any fast second direction input + kick,so that he could again do his forward,forward + kick or up,down + kick or forward,up + kick,this could make him so much faster.trailblazer should also be stronger,it loses almost to any forward move. plus opponent should not be able to grab cinder while trailblazer.

2.) he needs a new mid range fast move, it should be like forward + punch,because all of his normals are short range (except his down + heavy kick, which is not an opener) and slow and almost useless, plus he has very short grab and loses to the most grab battles because of the distance ( i think he only wins hisako but she also has other grab commands).

You’ve been beatin’ to the punch my freind but while yes I agree there are a number of things that are not great for Cinder, such as:

The shadow-trailblazer has no and I mean absolutley NO Priority over anything you can get punched out like crazy.

There is a remedy to this however, depending on who you are fighting against. If you’re fighting someone like Glacius you need to use your pyro-bombs if he’s standing back to far.

Against other characters who are more physical in combat, you should be very careful. Don’t just throw out your trailblazer all willie-nilly I can’t explain wy this move has bad priority other than the fact that you can change directions.

Basically the reason Cinder’s trailblazer is weak is because he can change directions, now the only excuse I can make is shadoe trailblazer is not great, if you really wanna close in at a further distance you have to make sure you hit them with a fired-up inferno, but that’s waiting 8 seconds between those said states.

I also reccomand you use your combustion (down+back punch) into your combo tactics, and also use your pyro-bombs you don’t have to stick everything in there but ya get what I mean.

Cinder’s not just a simple rushdown like he was in previous games. You have to think a bit more with whom you’re fighting.

I will warn you that this is especially important against characters like Glacius who has very solid defensive abilities.

I really think he needs a small buff as well 
 It’s reply noticeable and obvious when playing as him , that there are some issues with him overall dealing less health than most others.

1 Like

while shadow trailblaze ris te only thing fundamentally wrong with him in my opinion you have to understand that your lack of damage stems from your incredible mobility. You need to light people with burn-out enders. That serves two functions:

Damage and Button enders

I know where you’re coming from. When he came out, I thought he was terrible. For the longest time I thought he was the worst character in the game and he would never be worth playing.

One day I fought a guy who was pretty good with Cinder and made him look like a lot of fun. I gave him another shot and spent a lot of time in the lab and lost quite a bit. Eventually something clicked and I started winning more and more. At this point, I find him to be the most fun character in the game and think he’s easily top 5.

If I had to give advice on him I’d say to rarely use Trailblazer in neutral. I only confirm into it or use it when the opponent is in the air. Shadow Trailblazer can be cancelled into from Inferno, so I’d recommend trying that out.

Pyrobombs are amazing, maybe the best projectile in the game. You can really pin people down with them. If you stick them and see them do anything (jump, dash, throw a projectile etc), just detonate. If they turtle just move within their attack range. They will probably react and you can detonate.

My favorite aspect of Cinder is how he can turn almost any punish into a combo. Anti airs and Pyrobomb explosions can be followed up with air Trailblazers. Inferno is good when the opponent tries to approach, especially when cancelled into shadow Trailblazer. He has great pressure tools upfront. Grabs can cancelled into a launch with a Pyrobomb stuck.

He’s definitely not an easy character to jump into, and if you have to put in quite a bit of time to really feel like you’re doing the right thing with him. There’s a lot to explore with this character. As a Cinder main, I really don’t think he needs many buffs. Once you do though, you’ll have a lot of fun with him and understand why he didn’t seem as strong at first.