Cheap spammy characters & op characters

Most the SHAGO players I face if I am doing good or decent they turn to spam projectile mode. 2 project that is lighting face and I can’t do anything but sit and block until the wave is over. Then it’s back to relentless air attacks and cheap crossups. This game is a spam fest.

Riptor’s only invincible special is shadow clever girl, everything else will always get beat if you try it on wake up. You can sort of use back dash HK as a reversal though, but other than that don’t bother trying anything else.

2 Likes

I learn that by playing and doing wakeups and getting slap by basic moves.

What you’re describing is primarily being a rushdown character trying to get in on zoning characters. If you’re having issues with projectiles, you need to rethink your approach.
Specifically for Riptor, use predator stance. It ducks under projectiles and allows you to dash in on people who want to keep you out relatively unharmed, plus it has some wicked follow-ups. You should also be utilizing her run more, since you can use her Running HP or HK to close distance quickly and start combos. And if you really think you’ve got the gumption, jump over their projectile and use Air Tail Flip. An overhead crossup is usually a pretty good way to get someone’s attention.
Also, stop trying to wake up with her unless you have meter. Shadow Clever Girl is her only invincible wake-up, and even then I think it’s only Upper Body Invincible.
Also, all of the teleport moves in the game are horribly unsafe. If you suspect Shago’s divekick is going to cross you up, move forward. When he teleports behind you, you’ll block the divekick and be free to punish. With Spinal, Eyedol Fulgore you can usually jab them out of teleport as well (unless Fulgore pip cancels into DP, in which case you just block and punish as normal).

Just remember: Until you give them a reason to stop, your opponents have no reason to stop. Use anti-airs, projectile invincible moves, and some mix-ups of your own to turn the pressure around. Find out what your opponent is trying to do, and then find a way to punish them for it.

Edit: To expand on what @xCrimsonLegendx said, all of Shago’s un-surged specials are unsafe on block (the dive kick and slide horribly so). Block the mix up and you get to deal free damage.

5 Likes

This post is the same stupid blab I get in hate messagess on xlive. If you put ANY of the KI characters into any other game ALL OF THEM are extremely CHEAP!

What makes this game balanced is that pretty much everybody is OP. The word SPAM has to be removed from your brain. If you do a move, and it works, you keep doing it untill it doesn’t work anymore… that’s how fighting games work!

If you keep getting hit by a gimmick it’s only your fault, cuz every “cheap” tactic has a counter in KI. Every teleport you can punish with a simple well timed throw. If shago spams crossup teleport, just block it… it’s hella punishable.

Put this into your brain otherwise you’re never gonna enjoy any fighting game: IF YOU GET GIMMICKED OUT IS YOUR OWN FAULT. JUST LEARN TO BLOCK THE GIMMICK

3 Likes

How come Shago doesn’t win any tournament? cuz good players block that stuff and get out…

1 Like

Getting hit by the same move over and over again proves that it is indeed a gimmick. Unless the move is overpowered and in need of a nerf, the burden lies on the player getting exposed by the gimmick to overcome it.

1 Like

It actually only proves that you don’t know how to block it.

Gimmicks only go so far… usually you can win with gimmicks the first week the character is out… than good players will learn how to avoid it and you will stop doing it cuz it’s not a viable strategy anymore. Find answers to effective strategies is part of becoming a good player… This is not a new thing that’s come with KI… every FG has it.

I needed 2 months to learn how to block Blanka ball OKI crossup shenanigans… Shago is nothing compared to that.

The real CHEAP stuff is the one that you can’t avoid, that breakes the game’s rules (unintended unblockables and similar stuff) and those Things usually get fixed out of the game straight away.

The difference if you play SF you won’t be spammed because that is not a spam fest. KI is the new Marvel vs Capcom literally. They were trying to copy MvC when they made the new KI, you can clearly see it SPAM ALERT. It is spammy, I don’t care if someone do the same move over and over but when the moves are cheap as life and you can’t stop them, like SHAGO air attack then its spam. Yes the person who use SHAGO all the time is going to defend his cheap tactics, it’s normal for someone to defend the way they play or the character they use. SHAGO is a cheap character that doesn’t belong in KI. Before all these updates and new characters the game was fine, I actually really enjoyed the game up until late last year when they started acting these cheap new characters and destroying the game. Before all this KI was fine with me no complaints now it’s a SPAM fest. Characters with cheap movesets.

Shago is high risk, high reward. He has one of the best mixup tools no doubt, but he is unsafe on all of them unless he spends meter. You learn to block Shago’s mixups by making good reads. Doing the same move over and over again is not a mixup. It is therefore easy to predict, block and punish. Good Shagos will turn the move switch off when it doesn’t work the first few times.

Lol… I don’t play shago and I actually find Shago to be pretty weak because he only relies on gimmicks. Once you get the pattern Shago is done for.

Again, the term SPAM it’s just an excuse to blame your own shortcomings on the game. If the game engine allows to repeat the same move over and over than it means it’s ok to do it (Guile sonic boom is spammy right?).

Damn, I get hate messages telling me I spam uppercuts just because people keep jumping in and I just uppercut to AA…

Just git gud and enjoy the game.

2 Likes

Here we go again the famous you don’t know how to block quote. Because holding back or down back takes serious brain power. You need to practice holding back or down back, really. I have been playing fighting games since 1992 please don’t come talking about blocking. I am a Street Fighter Beast. Why? Because my block game is A+ blocking hasn’t changed in the past 20yr has it? From what I can remember the blocking is the same as it was in 1994 or any other year. So maybe I should go learn how to block all over again. Even though I can block just fine. It has nothing to do with BLOCKING. Someone will always come up with a lame reason, like you don’t know how to block etc. But prior to all the new characters and updates I had no issues, I guess my blocking got outdated lmao. Maybe I should go practice holding back or down back all over again. Let me go practice. C’mon kid don’t start this blocking nonsense. Blocking is the same way in any other Fighter, be it SF or whatever same mechanism. I don’t need to practice something that is basic, that I’ve been doing since the ARCADES in 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 come on now.

You actually have to hold forward to block Shago’s cross up divekick. If you try to just down back you’re gonna get hit.

Guile Sonic Boom is child play I will eat any Guile player for breakfast lunch and dinner. Sonic boom is weak. Guile is not spammy like SHAGO 2 different characters.

haaha the problem is not the technical side of blocking. It’s about learining the attack patterns of your opponent to block teleport crossups or grab people out of teleports. I’m sure you know how to input a block ahahah. But you are the one saing that can’t block shago’s crossups

I am not talking about what direction the point I was making is blocking is basic 95% of the blocking is back or down back. The only character that get me so pissed I gotta just wait til the match over and leave is SHAGO, Fulgore, Spinal and last but not lease that Vampire female, that does all those air attack, she is beyond cheap.

Sonic boom has the shortest recovery in the history of fireballs… weak is a big word for such a move.

Maybe your issue is that you think about blocking as if you were playing SF. KI’s offense is much more unpredictable and powerfull. That’s why shadow counter exists.

It’s hard to know which direction someone is teleporting with SHAGO. I mean when you constant get teleport kick you don’t know if it’s behind you infront you. SHAGO is cheap point blank don’t defend a cheap character he is CHEAP.

Do you concede that an opponent doing the same move over and over again makes it easy to block?

hahhaha so every mixup character is cheap now? hahahah Mira loses life to do “Air tricks” I don’t think that’s cheap. If you hate left/right mixup you might like playing tekken. It has only high/low mixups.