Cheap A.I ruins shadow lords

Funny enough, on challenging i haven’t lost to the Omens. But i can’t beat Gargos :frowning: With all 3 chars, i barely get 1 life bar off…

Keep an eye out for my guide it may help ya :slight_smile: I will be making it tonight when I get home. If you can barely get a bar, this should definitely get you started taking a lot more.

1 Like

I hope it helps but if its character specific, may not:

A lot of ppl are using newer characters from what I’ve seen. I’m using Thunder, Jago, Wulf

Regards,

Sanjay

You should be able to do it with any character in theory. Jago is probably the easiest to do it with, whether or not it is character specific, anyone can do what I’ll be explaining. Once you see it you’ll understand :slight_smile: and I really hope it helps.

1 Like

@StarFyre2000 @ArokhX

1 Like

Well that didn’t ■■■■■■ work. Tried twice more. Once i could only get 2 omens…i guess cause it spread too fast. other time when i wasted effort fighting stuff, i beat 3. But gargos seemed alot more agressive. Before i could even get close with Thunder, he did some combo that took my entire bar. Flew me off screen and half my bar was gone :frowning:

This is so cheap…its not really smart difficulty. Its just annoying and this is coming from someone who beat Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne (the last 2 in less than 2 weeks and DS3 most of game time was with 1 of my newborns sleeping in may lap).

I would have beat him second time, but i was hitting heavy attacks and some reason it didn’t connect so he got entire life bar back and destroyed me. And i dont have enough of the wolf heart things…and they dont show up in the store that often. So i just dropped controller and left it. Middle of work (from home - overnight issue to resolve, so i’m playing in btwn my steps).

Oh yeah, that…it has a really good tell if you’re expecting it and is easy to avoid, but can really hurt if you don’t know what to look for. Basically if you see him do an abnormally slow stonskin explosion, block, and keep blocking until he does the follow-up reckoning. He will always follow up with the reckoning. If you block it, he won’t do the super dive.

argh! another attempt. Couldn’t beat him once he regenerated part of his BAR, since buff was gone.

sigh

i think i’ll wait until we can buy the new stage or they patch the difficulty.
Not worth the effort. its like diablo 3. Nothing new to gain (items) so no one plays it anymore. here its so annoying for non top tier players, its not worth the effort anymore. I think that was my 6th attempt.

Almost broke my arcade stick on last attempt. Thought I had him. but didn’t have a wolf heart on my third guy…and again he did 1 combo and took of entire bar before i could really do anything. and forgot, since i died and it went to my last character, he gets to redo his regen bullshit.

Just curious, when you say regen, do you mean his ressurection of just a normal regen buff?

But at least you can get an attempt in in about 20 minutes though. Try using Jago, just forward HK + medium laser sword spam, that’s all you have to do. Don’t think about doing anything else, just stick to him like glue with that method. Unless you’re in Challenging or Godlike you should take him. And if corruption spreads, I did mention sometimes you may have to take a couple fights to not let it spread too far. =) In the end he is just an AI. Green bar he is about Medium difficulty, Red bar he is Hard difficulty, and when he regens, I would say he is slightly over hard difficulty AI when playing Normal mode. Remember the JAB pokes =)

Sorry…i mean his resurrection thing.

I am in challenging since need the stage :slight_smile:

Ok…stick is fine. got to him again. beat 4 omens this time. will take a break for a while. before try again. this time: Jago,Wulf, Riptor.

1 Like

Yeah, you can’t hit him until he is at 35ish% and it has to be a grounded heavy normal. No jump, no specials. Challenging took me all 3 characters to beat him. Just have the goal of a lifebar per character. I only tried challenging once, happened to get lucky and win with my last character at 5%. But I grind mimi’s on normal.

I’m actually affraid to try again. everytime i load it up…i look at screen…and say Nope and exit.

I only have 3 wolf hearts. this will burn them all (1 for each)…

And some people reporting a bug that they beat him and the stage doesn’t unlock. Not sure if i want to attempt it after the next patch instead.

Challenging is definitely a lot harder. I got lucky beating it, but my first pack also had a Killer Fractured ward which makes most fights easy mode.

OMG!!! i got him to a sliver on my third char…and i was triggering the ultra (this is after his rebirth) and it didn’t go off. i’ve done it so many times so i know i was using the right input :frowning: must have done something wrong. and he got me. a damn sliver. well…no more wolf hearts left… i think i’m done till a patch or i can just buy the stage. stopped painting for a week to play this but got some big competitions coming next year (world expo 2017 – if i can even attend, gotta be ready).

too annoying. Wow…didn’t think any boss would be more annoying than the idiocy & cheese in Dark Souls 3 (bosses attacking you THROUGH walls, etc) .

You’re talking about the Omens that guard Gargos’ Buffs? I beat them easily with 1 Character.
When they start gliding towards you, retreat and attack him when he is about to land. The Ram and Fractured Ward Guardians are great against Omen.

Gargos is extremely cheap i know, but, you can be cheap yourself.
I use the Odorous Wolf Heart (Free Shadow Moves for 15 Seconds and Unblockable Attacks) on Fulgore and i proceed to spam the hell out of Fulgore’s Devastation Beam (Heck, it’s my Plan B on any mission.). I can take 1 of Gargos’ Health Bars barely any effort and i can try to lower his health as much as possible. If Fulgore dies after the setup, i still have my 2 other characters (Arbiter and Glacius for my case.) to kill Gargos. Make sure that Gargos’ Instinct isn’t ready when you kill him or he’ll ressurect with a full Health Bar. I usually put him on low health and stall him out so he uses it and i finish him off afterwards.

BTW The Guardians i use are: Fractured Ward on Arbiter (Epic Rarity) Snake on Fulgore (Killer Rarity) and Ram on Glacius (Epic Rarity)

Hope this helps :slight_smile:.

That’s why I started using custom combo assist for ultra’s. The few times it gave me a shadow or improper input I said nope. If there was a way for me to play for you, I would beat it for you. :slight_smile: you’ve been working hard and falling short it sucks to hear :frowning:

Not omens. Omens are easy for some reason. Haven’t lost to an Omen, even without consumables. Just Gargos. Damn Gargos. Even on very hard, Omens are really easy.

Custom Combo Assist?

I use 2 snakes and 1 vampire. I dont have a third snake or fractured ward. I didn’t know about that promotional pack or i would have signed in just to buy it. Haven’t found it either. I put the 2 snakes on my best (jago and saber) and then whatever is left on the third character. Hmm…didn’t think about spamming devastation beams. maybe in a couple months whenever there’s another patch or something will try that :slight_smile:
(or new items to get, if they add more)

any word on tone down the difficult of SL on next patch?

Under controls, enable combo assist, select custom, and turn off openers, linkers, enders, and leave ultra’s on. It is just --> 3p or 3k whatever your characters input is. It is the blue pack, cost’s 1,500. I’ve gotten good guardians from it. If you save up for the 17,000 pack you get a killer guardian every time.