Character Idea Showcase (Up Next: Daisuke, the Haunted Armor)

Trust me, once you get going on their movelist, you start thinking about things your characters can do and it can really help to develop them.

R u gonna do another character showcase after this one?

Iā€™d love to. Thereā€™s some characters here that wonā€™t make it in that I really wanna showcase, so Iā€™d be more than happy to do another one once this one finishes.

Only about 3 hours left. Unless thereā€™s a big shake-up, its seems our 9 are pretty much decided. But who knowsā€¦

I find the top 8 very interesting and I look forward to seeing more of it. My question is would Eagle be sort of a hybrid of Fulgore and Thunder or something different on his own? Yakone would have picked up her skills from her bow or has already been trained in archery? I like the Mako idea but would he be an actual shark man or someone who fights like one? Iā€™d like to see Kelvin and how heā€™d represent Glacius race from another perspective, I see nothing wrong with two different aliens. The Wendigo and living war sound cool.

I canā€™t wait for the next. It would be nice for @TempusChaoti and the gang to take interest in holding a create-a-character contest.

Sounds fun. How long is the contest for?

With Eagle, I kinda went with an amalgamation of ideas. I remember it being mentioned in Thunderā€™s story that he was ā€œa wrestler and amateur boxerā€. So, I decided to mix some elements of Fulgore, Thunder and Combo. The end result, if I were to think of something it would be close to, ends up kinda being like Dudley if he had command grabs. Heā€™s the first character I plan to showcase, so youā€™ll know soon enough.

Yakoneā€™s spent years learning archery from her mother. It actually plays a very important part in her story early on.

Project Mako was created as a direct successor of Project Stalker, so the product of it would be much like a Stalker. That means Mako is going to be a blend of mako shark DNA and human DNA. As for how he fights, well, letā€™s just say he fights dirty.

And thank you for the feedback! Iā€™m glad to see the response to this was a lot better than I was expecting. I hope I deliver what people want to see once I start actually presenting developed ideas.

And thatā€™s a wrap! Now to count the votes from this poll an the strawpoll and weā€™ll have our top 8, which will be announced shortly.

And the top 8, along with how many votes they got, are:

Mako (15)
Sol-Dakuri (15)
Eagle (14)
Daisuke (12)
Sinew (12)
Yakone (12)
Reiketsu (12)
Cassidy (11)

And the ā€œbossā€ character isā€¦ Andrey!

That last spot in the top 8 was real close. There was a 5-way tie for it until a couple hours ago. Gigante, Kelvin, Darius and Vyle were real close! But there you have.

I was hoping Kelvin would have made the top 8 but oh well, iā€™m still looking forward to the rest of them and canā€™t wait. Also I think youā€™re right it was mentioned in Thunderā€™s story that his brother Eagle was a wrestler and boxer, so if they do put him in next season or whatever I can see a moveset incorporating those styles in one. Wonder if heā€™d go for a more human type character or a non human.

Yeah, I feel bad only doing so many and leaving ones out that people wanted to see. Maybe if I end up doing this again they can show up for that.

1 Like

Alright, I think I have a schedule for this worked out:

Eagle
Daisuke
Cassidy
Sinew
Reiketsu
Yakone
Mako
Sol-Dakuri
Andrey

(Iā€™m not gonna lock myself into dates, but Iā€™ll keep the order.)

2 Likes

So yeah, sadly no Eagle presentation today. Thatā€™s been moved to Monday. At least it gives me a little more time to tidy things up.

2 Likes

Its all good, dont make it a rush job

1 Like

Alright, I got the final art for Eagle! Iā€™ll be showing him off tomorrow then.

3 Likes

Needs more gorgons. And Lovecraftian monsters.

1 Like

Crowley, Mako, Gigante, Darius, Reiketsu, Vyle, Cassidy, and Sol would be my personal 8 choices, but those all sound like pretty cool story arks.

I didnā€™t do a gorgon/naga type character because Iā€™m just personally not too much of a fan of the idea, and I donā€™t wanna do a disservice to an idea because I lack passion towards it. I did end up thinking of one that I kinda liked after the poll, so they might show up in the poll for the next wave if that ends up happening.

As for the Lovecraftian monster, thatā€™s what Lotā€™boa is. It was pretty close, but Andrey ended up winning the vote for the ā€œbossā€ character, so Lotā€™boa will have to bide its time I guess.

Aw, what a shame.

What is Andrey, by the way? I didnā€™t see him mentioned in the original post and didnā€™t read through the entire threadā€¦

If you care to reconsider the gorgon on a later date, perhaps my own backstory idea will give you some inspiration (I merged it with the ā€œarcherā€ character):

Oh, Andrey was my ā€œvampire lordā€ idea. Him and Lotā€™boa were both part of the ā€œbossā€ character poll, which I added later on.

And as for the gorgon, donā€™t you worry. They will definitely be a part of the next poll if it happens. I really hope I can make that poll happen, too, since there are some character ideas I had after the initial poll that I ended up really liking. Your idea lorewise for the gorgon is actually somewhat similar to the one I had that I ended up liking. It was Blight, a cultist who served Gargos during his invasion that was transformed by the corruption into a form similar to a gorgon or naga. Iā€™ll try and merge these two ideas.

1 Like