Character Backstory - The Widow's Bite

Nice read and awesome backstory! Very vivid and engaging!!! Great work IG!

Hm. Maybe I’m just thinking that because her age was all question marks in S1 Arcade/Story mode? She was definitely always an assassin and all that, but for whatever reason I took the ??? on her age to mean she was ancient. That and the whole “Long ago, Sadira abandoned her humanity to an unending quest for wealth and power” line in her 3rd ending. Seemed a lot more powerful if that referred to some long ago thing, as opposed to “back in her teens” :laughing:

Ah well. Not the first lore thing I’ve been wrong about in KI.

So is she gonna work for Gargos now???

2 Likes

I like how the combat design change hint lead to people poring over random jumping spider videos, but I’m disappointed that it concluded so quickly with “eh, probably a leaping air grab of some sort”.

Not that a leaping air grab wouldn’t be cool, mind.

Wow! Whoa! Yep, Sadira TRULY IS a female spider assassin and a killer spider-woman too :smiley: :wink: Overall Sadira’s new, updated, AND expanded backstory is Awesome, Crazy, Insane, Monster, Beastly, Solid, Extreme, and Killer :sunglasses:

BTW in regards to Sadira’s ethnicity/nationality: Is she Thai, Myanmese, from one of Thailand’s AND Myanmar’s many different ethnic groups, or even a mixture of all of the above and overall of mixed ethnicities/nationalities?

3 Likes

I think they should give Sadira a new outfit of her youthful costume when she killed her first opponent or her old masters outfit before she killed her to get the spider gem

3 Likes

Do you mean to say the golden spider necklace?

Well done! I love all of the little details. Where she was born, how and why she learned to fight, how she grew over time to become what she became and where her ambition led her.

Not only that, but I really like that she went from straight evil to evil wildcard at the end. Which side will she choose? Will she betray ARIA or are they already on the outs? Will she side with Gargos or is she powerful enough to be s force in her own right?

I’d also like to see some sort of masked female fighter as a hidden character; the one that Sadira disfigured with the glass. I like that there are these story thread characters that seem to be popping up, but I hope that some of them go beyond the story, or even expand the story by appearing in the game as hidden and/or playable characters with their own backgrounds and motivations.

I mean, who was this outmatched initiate? What happened to her after her defeat and disfigurement? Is she plotting revenge? Did she leave the Red Eyes of Rylai? Maybe she took some other initiates with her?

Either way, loved the story. Definitely curious about the new move too! I still remember suggesting a move back on the season 2 board called Salticidae. Wish I could remember what it was! Guessing some sort of air command grab, which would be fine by me.

4 Likes

Now for all of you Sadira mains and fans as well as admirers, can YOU imagine yourself being/getting ■■■■■-whipped by her? :laughing: That and the fact Sadira is now “fabulously wealthy” according to her backstory :wink:

I’m getting sick of the teases…

I like this one @Marbledecker its much more fun and magical! Go hisako! lol

Like she starts off real and become somthing more!

2 Likes

Lore will always be open to multiple interpretations. It’ll always expand and change. Much like comics.
Anyway back to miss jumpy 2015.
I wonder with jumping and tethering could she tether her opponent . Maybe hang them from the ceiling and poison then. Ultimate style.
I would love for her to get an aerial command grab like vega’s izuna drop or even aerial combos.

Yea, when I read that, I thought for sure that’s a tease for one of the new characters in S3. They have left out a lot of details about the victim so it could turn out to be something good, maybe the vampire character a lot of people seem to want. Something along the lines of “sickened and angered by the scars of her battle with Sadira, enter name here begins a quest to find absolute power, her thirst^ unsatisfied until the person who caused her the trauma has paid the ultimate price.” Finds vampire in Transylvania (of course), impresses with desire for revenge, gets vampire abilities, voila.

^heh :yum:

3 Likes

Complaints about Sadira not dying to Cinder are misguided.

1. it’s a fighting game ending, not everyone’s story’s are going to be right, particularly when you have conflicting endings.

2. these stories are telling us about the character’s back story and a hint at how they are preparing for s3. Can’t exactly train when you’re dead (outside of DBZ).

hahaha every week the same story. After the character’s background be shown, everyone starts talking about the new movements and possibilities. Of which it has never been told what will be changes for them all.

About Spider history in the case of my queen Sadira …

Who said that she will actually gain something new just because the story say? Consider for a moment, it can only be a reflection on how it currently fighting.

If not realized, ALL the stories end the same way, with the character thinking of improving your skills. And I bet that just about everyone, will stay only in history. Only one of them thinking about how to improve!

Ryu thinking “I must study and improve to defeat all” end of history.

2 Likes

Damn, I was hoping they were going to talk about the Giant Spider in Sadiras lair, and even give it a name!

Also what’s with the strange creature swimming in the background of her stage? Does that have a purpose other than being cool? Season 3 Loch Ness Monster confirmed?

The devs have said that the story will give an indication of impending changes to the character for season 3. So this conversation is what is intended to happen after the story post.

@xCrimsonLegendx and @Filemoncio, I’m having trouble finding the inconsistency between this story and the Sadira story mode from season 1 that seems to have you guys upset. Assassin (check), hired by aria (check) sent to steal Glacius tech (check). Maybe I’m missing something…

1 Like

I’ll be honest, as much as I like Sadira’s character, I’ve always found her to be too overpowered in mobility terms. She can pretty much avoid anything the rest of the cast has to offer unless you’re very, very lucky. I don’t think any kind of mobility increase is needed. Hopefully the double jump will be only tied to her instinct mode. Now that would be better…

No Aria isn’t working for her anymore it seems, because of the incident with Hisako.

To be honest she is actually the most troubling character for me to fight as fulgore cause she can dodge anything, even my heavy laser-beam. I wouldn’t even dare try my DP because she usually has a dagger out by then.

This might seem like a rather stupid question, but would you mind reminding me what DP is again? I’ve been hearing it mentioned and I remember it meaning Dragon Punch (A “DP motion” for example), but I’m not sure what it means in KI’s context.

Fireballs/plasma bolts are a good idea against most Sadira players to play keepaway, as once you get close they normally kick your ■■■ even if you block (crossups etc :D)

Anyway, if you want to discuss that with me, we can take this to a more relevant topic.

As far as the backstory goes, it’s very descriptive and works quite well. As other people have said, I’d like to see these other story characters that haven’t popped up maybe turn into actual playable/unlockable fighters.