Character Backstory - The Widow's Bite

Sooo, is Sadira killed by Cinder or not?

Given on this backstory, I can assume that Cinder killing Sadira was noncanon

Story mode happened 4 months ago, why retconning it so early? bah

Ooh! sounds like she’s gonna be doing something with her jump!

strangley it’s consider one of the cutest spiders.

We never knew whether or not some of that even canon. Why would we assume that in the first place?

1 Like

Let’s see how cute they really are:

1 Like

Admittedly that is te only time when a jumping spider isn’t cute, though I like movies like this so this won’t bother as much as it would someone who’s afraid of them : P

because we were told that the stories made sense when read in a particular order. You don’t do that if you intend to make some canon and some not.

The Astral Lord? Gargos seems to have gotten a promotion!

3 Likes

That doesn’t mean you need to take everything as canon or not. even other fighting games you never know who’s ending is canon or not.

Just cause Sadira was beaten up by Cinder in his playthrough still doesn’t really mean her death was canon.

lmao do you see the sounds they make especially when they were on top of the truk? lmao so cute!

Sadira, meet your new roommate:

3 Likes

So you all believe Cinder’s ending is non-canon and is still working for ARIA?

To say Cinder’s ending is non-canon is… kinda silly to be honest. The story mode in S2 was made out to be linear and cannon as a whole unlike S1 that played the multiple endings route.

I think instead we should just keep letting the guys know that the Cinder portion is missing in this text, they were able to edit a small part of Jago’s (?) text so they can add what’s missing in Sadira’s.

They can’t change the game now but they can change a simple text, especially one that just came out.

Perhaps Sadira will be rescued by Gargos and his legion.

Well, not EVERY ending obviously happens in story.

Combo’s, for example. He and Orchid LITERALLY expose UltraTech to the world, with him getting back all of his cred. That most certainly didn’t happen, since everyone’s guess is that ARIA and partially Riptor’s (Summoning Gargos’ portal to get everyone to fight with her, the heroes being surrounded at The City of Dawn and being forced to join with her under the threat of being off’d), minus the latter’s “eating TJ Combo” thing.

Basically, any Season 2 ending that outright says or shows that anyone died or shows them beating UltraTech for good is a bunch of bullroar and not canon. Stuff like Hisako’s ending (Beating up ARIA, which makes ARIA realize that no one’s going to have faith in her unless she distracts them with a bigger threat that even THEY cannot beat) or Aganos’ (getting his mind-control broken and befriending Thunder) is canon.

I mean, obviously, I can’t confirm. But that would be my assumption.

I don’t remember anything like that. I think her story has always been, assassin leader hired by ultratech. Though before I think it was that she watched the other killer instinct tournaments and was ordered to take out all that participated. I could be wrong but I don’t remember her being 100 or anything.

This is precisely why im not convinced that any of the endings aren’t Canon. They all made sense and intertwined and stuff. Surely they’re not just scraping that? I’m thinking it’ll be included in Cinder’s story. Even if it turns out she’s not dead and is just giving her more reason to go against ultratech, I don’t think they can just ignore it. Though I guess it’ll be about a 11 or 12 weeks before we find out lol since I don’t think the devs will reveal any of that stuff.

That being said, I really like this backstory. Since we hadn’t had any previous knowledge of her like the other S1 characters, she was the hardest to get an idea of how she’d act in certain situations and stuff. I’m glad to know much more about her, and the story itself was really well written! Keep up the good work everyone!

OK. This is the best one so far. I love the detail, and I’m happy to know now that she is a human, enhanced with spider powers. Very cool stuff, and very nice read!

I might have to play with Sadira now. I think this is the first fighting game where I know a basic playstyle with all characters!

lol, why so serious!

you can justify it if you want, but it’s not cool. One can not interiorize any new lore because you never know what’s true and what not. It messes my sense of continuity, feels like the story is hust filler for the writers and makes me not care.

I am a KI lore zealot, and this makes me angry. You can’t possibly know how much I raged when I saw the fanfiction of Gargos rise to power being added to the Official KI guide, despite my efforts trying to edit wikis and warning editors to not cite that material as source.

1 Like