Character Backstory - The Herald of Gargos

Wish he would stay evil…Not everyone can be a good guy…Or maybe seeing the light means following his own desires.either way I’m glad he got a story. next up…a retro costume and accessories

I pretty sure it means Omen is beginning to want to exert is own authority rather than serve another

No one ever thought of Shadow Thunder…

1 Like

YYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!! Im just now seeing this! Thanks for copying me!

Thank you!!! KI4LIFE!!! LETS GO!!!

I love how brutal and rabid he sounds now! Sadistic, evil, no empathy for any living being! THis is exactly what I wanted and more! Excellent job team!

"And Omen’s first slaves will be the Killer Instinct heroes, and anyone else who has the audacity to stand up to Gargos. Omen will torture them and inhabit their bodies…steal their thoughts and crush their souls."
Hail Gargos!

@TheKeits @TempusChaoti I just want tp say thank you for my favorite KI character…even as a bonus, no matter what the nay sayers say…he is awesome and everything I look for in a character! Excellent job guys, you and your team are just amazing…I cant wait for S3!

2 Likes

Shorter than I’d like. Seems like Jago, Shago and Omen exist together now. And the last paragraph suggests more Shadow characters.

I don’t think its stated anywhere that he’s turning good. Just that now that he has a taste of freedom and human desires, he’s torn between that and serving Gargos. Its a bit like Sektor and the Grandmaster, or Sadira and her mentor with added Stockholm Syndrome.

1 Like

The herald will become the master, but how could shago become his own entity if that is the case?
Was it just like poof another jago oh well spreading chaos here I come la la la.

Aria never killed OMen…she only stated that she wanted to kill him in front of Gargos…but nothing ever was confirmed as happening.

Interesting story but did anyone else feel at certain parts it gave off a slight BDSM vibe?

1 Like

I need a shadow Hisako and I need her to be really horrifying to behold.

What if Shadow Hisako is the nicest, most well-mannered alive girl? Plot twist :smiley:

2 Likes

I thought I was the only one put off by the constant emphasis on servitude and being enslaved.

1 Like

It was probably just made up. Although the word Ikko in Japanese means fragments. The word Koran is the name of the Islamic holy text. Fragments of the koran? Who knows. I’m sure they didn’t just pull this name out of their arse but maybe it simply means the fragmented ones. This whole concept of shadow lords probably will have something to do with ethereal beings feeding off of human thoughts and intentions as a host to corporealize them into the physical plane. Kinda like the the gnostic teachings of the demiurge and Yaldaboath. Gargos sounds very Yaldaboath-ish.

2 Likes

So I finally got a chance to read through it. Sounds like Omen is going through a bit of an existential crisis. He was totally cool with working for Gargos forever, when he saw no other way. But now that he had a taste of humanity he became addicted. Looks like he and Sabrewulf have similar goals.

Semi-Related note:
If the schedule works out, it looks like we’ll be getting…
Aganos: Feb 15-16
Hisako: Feb 22-23
Cinder: Feb 29-March 1
ARIA: March 7-8
Shadow Jago?: March 14-15

IF they’re waiting on releasing Season 3 until after all the new Bios are up, that’d put it right around the middle-end of the month. If we get a Friday update like we usually do, that means we’ll get it around either the 11th, the 18th, or 25th of March.
Most likely, my bet is on…
#March 18th?

4 Likes

To my understanding, it says Gargos can ‘poof’ things into being in the Astral Plain. I assume him moving into our world makes him more vulnarable/less omnipotent.

2 Likes

Or maybe March 31st or April 7th in real Season Two fashion…

I’m being told that you two should brush up on some Greek mythos.

2 Likes

Lord have mercy are we this close to Season 3 already?! I’M NOT PREPARED AT ALL!

5 Likes

There was more to my post but that’s a start!

Yeah but that was so much to quote. You knew what I was getting at!

2 Likes